July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

1688481998998.png

I don't know that I've ever had to fight for anything, or if I did maybe it just didn't feel like fighting? Most often if I've come up against a block or things aren't going my way I'll step back and take a different approach - or let it go, thinking it isn't for me.

Sadly the personal trainer isn't taking on new clients and has a wait list of people queued up... limited resources is one of the the downsides of small town living. So back to the drawing board on what do for a supervised group exercise program, as my Pilates teacher is in route for their year in New Zealand. I've been thinking a lot about needing to focus on loosing belly fat and yesterday signed up for a 10 day program which is mostly a cleanse with natural digestive support and simple clean eating. I'm starting today so we'll see how it goes.

Temps have gotten quite warm... it is kind of odd for it to be 75 degrees on the 4th of July, as it is usually cool and rainy. I'm going for a walk soon and then have a celebratory massage midday. I don't think the town does any fireworks displays, but will wander around this afternoon and see what's what. And of course having just started a cleanse all I can think about is the ice cream shop in town...

I'm actually quite used to fighting for what I want.

When it was time for me to go to college, my Mother was diagnosed with cancer, and she worried about me being able to support myself. I dreamed of becoming a high school English teacher who led the drama club and produced plays, but she insisted I become a secretary. I went to business school, and got an executive secretary job within a year. I was miserable, so I switched jobs over and over trying to find happiness doing a job I hated. In the end, I fought for what I wanted using my friend's address to take the SAT's behind her back and began attending college two months before she died. She apologized, and with my Mother's blessing, I put myself through college while working full-time at night. My father moved to Florida, and I had to fight to keep the house taking in housemates to help pay the mortgage.

Years later, shortly after getting married we decided to have a baby. 5 years of operations and fertility treatment eventually led to the birth of DD. I fought so hard to conceive her and so hard not to lose her like I lost her twin.

Many other times, life has felt like an uphill battle, but it has made me very strong. I think it's time for me to take this fight for my life more seriously.

I'm actually quite used to fighting for what I want.

When it was time for me to go to college, my Mother was diagnosed with cancer, and she worried about me being able to support myself. I dreamed of becoming a high school English teacher who led the drama club and produced plays, but she insisted I become a secretary. I went to business school, and got an executive secretary job within a year. I was miserable, so I switched jobs over and over trying to find happiness doing a job I hated. In the end, I fought for what I wanted using my friend's address to take the SAT's behind her back and began attending college two months before she died. She apologized, and with my Mother's blessing, I put myself through college while working full-time at night. My father moved to Florida, and I had to fight to keep the house taking in housemates to help pay the mortgage.

Years later, shortly after getting married we decided to have a baby. 5 years of operations and fertility treatment eventually led to the birth of DD. I fought so hard to conceive her and so hard not to lose her like I lost her twin.

Many other times, life has felt like an uphill battle, but it has made me very strong. I think it's time for me to take this fight for my life more seriously.
:hug:

Happy 4th to everyone!

I'm just getting back from our extended family vacation - everything went great - way better than I had hoped honestly! I do think that cruises are one of the best options for multi-generation / multi-family trips because there are so many things to do for so many interests. We had a great time and most importantly, I think my mom had a great time!

For today's topic - I've been pretty fortunate throughout my life, never really having to fight for anything per say. I will say I'm never one to push back or really stick my neck out too much. Sometimes I feel like I should have done that more. Not that I feel I haven't lived my authentic self life, but sometimes, I'm possibly too content with the status quo.

Happy 4th to everyone!

I'm just getting back from our extended family vacation - everything went great - way better than I had hoped honestly! I do think that cruises are one of the best options for multi-generation / multi-family trips because there are so many things to do for so many interests. We had a great time and most importantly, I think my mom had a great time!

For today's topic - I've been pretty fortunate throughout my life, never really having to fight for anything per say. I will say I'm never one to push back or really stick my neck out too much. Sometimes I feel like I should have done that more. Not that I feel I haven't lived my authentic self life, but sometimes, I'm possibly too content with the status quo.
So happy to hear you enjoyed the cruise.

Woohoo... down a pound and a half this morning and in to a new territory of numbers I haven't seen for a very long time.

Woohoo... I kind of sort of started the cleanse yesterday. I'm easing in to it, adding new good things before I remove very much, so that it doesn't feel overly restrictive.

Woohoo... I finally got a 'good' sleep score last night after a week+ of just 'fair' due to being sick. Looking forward to not feeling so tired.

Woohoo... in my new garden I've been harvesting strawberries, bachelor buttons and the first tiny little zinnia. There's a pumpkin as well as a couple pattypan squashes and many sunflower flower are starting to form.

Woohoo for a good, local mechanic! The van has been making a weird noise but it's so hard to figure out a time to have that car looked at when it is the kid mover. Of course, Hubby told me this weekend that he wants to take the girls down the shore Thursday, so it definitely needs to be dealt with before then. We dropped it off at the mechanic last night just hoping that he'd be able to fit us in today and he did! We'll have fresh brakes and rear rotors in time for summer road trip season.

WooHoo - I got on the scale this morning after being gone since the evening of June 22nd and I had actually lost 1.8 pounds! I couldn't believe it. DH and I have started traveling more since we're (basically) empty nesters and I always gain and undo weeks worth of progress.

This trip I didn't really do anything vastly different, but I didn't eat just because the food / drinks were available 24/7. I'm now super motivated to keep it up!

We have a wedding in Boise, ID at the end of September and I'd love to lose 15- 20 pounds before then. I'm hoping to wear a nice dress, but I need to get rid of some of my tummy before I'm comfortable doing that.

So happy to hear you enjoyed the cruise.

Thanks - I was thinking of you. I know I was in your area - it's just beautiful out there. We'd never been to Seattle (or even Washington for that matter). We loved it!

We were there 2 days before and 2 days after the cruise. We were able to do a Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour, go up in the space needle, Chihuly, ride the monorail to do some shopping, and go to Pike Market before the cruise.

After, we went to a Mariners game, took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, rode the Wings over Washington and the big wheel.

We had a great time and hope to go back again someday!

Thanks - I was thinking of you. I know I was in your area - it's just beautiful out there. We'd never been to Seattle (or even Washington for that matter). We loved it!

We were there 2 days before and 2 days after the cruise. We were able to do a Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour, go up in the space needle, Chihuly, ride the monorail to do some shopping, and go to Pike Market before the cruise.

After, we went to a Mariners game, took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, rode the Wings over Washington and the big wheel.

We had a great time and hope to go back again someday!
When I go in to the office I ride the Bainbridge ferry, but it's an hour drive from my house to the ferry dock.

How neat! I couldn't believe the number of cars boarding each way! On the Seattle side when we went back around 4:30 Monday afternoon, DH and DS figured there were roughly 170 cars waiting to board in the numbered rows.
Sounds about right for one of the larger ferry’s. It’s amazing to sometimes not even be queued on the dock and still make it on to a boat.

Thankful for the world being mostly open again and for the ability to take the kids on a couple mini-vacas this year. Thankful for the portable DVD players which will (hopefully) keep them content while driving to said vacations.
Bought a couple new bathinhsuits and I don't hate them...yay? I did have to order up a size as I was in-between sizes, they are a smidge big but that also means I don't look like a sausage. On that note Thankful for amazon and the ability to try on suits in my own home.
I did tweak my back over the weekend and was annoyed by the fact I could not suck in my tummy while trying the suits on. But having this happen gave me a better idea of what the suits will look like if I am not paying attention. Yeah did you know you can't suck in your tummy while your back is in spasm? I didn't know that until a couple years ago...makes sense though. It has loosened up a bit, at least while I am standing/moving so the trip shouldn't be too bad once we get out of the car.

I'm thankful for miracles:littleangel:...the young lady I spoke of last week who was abused in foster care, etc., found a boarding school which will give her a high school diploma while earning credits toward a career in nursing. She got on an airplane yesterday with the clothes people donated to begin a new life in a safe environment where her abusers can't find her.

I'm thankful for another day of clean air🌬️...it may be hot and humid like July typically is, but there's no smoke from the Canadian wildfires. I can go outside while simultaneously breathing! I plan on swimming in the morning and coming back inside before the temperatures get into the 90's this afternoon.

I'm thankful for sunshine!:sunny:

I'm thankful for my albuterol refill. Apparently there is a shortage. I'm trying not to worry and have faith about having access to my other inhaler...my insurance won't refill it yet, and my pharmacist can't guarantee that he will have it. For now, I have the medicine I need, and I guess my doctor will have to come up with a substitution if it's not available.

I'm thankful for my DD and DH.

I'm thankful that we are leaving for Cape Cod:sunny:🌊🐳in 16 days.

I'm thankful for the beautiful weather we've been having (although I think I missed the worst of the heat while we were on vacation).

I'm thankful that our lawn is growing - we had a new lawn seeding last year and it stresses DH out, so I'm glad it's doing good this year!

I'm thankful for my small town and all of the fun things that they have planned for this summer! Next week is our county fair which is always a fun time!

I am thankful to be feeling better. I'm always surprised by how being sick affects mood and my spirits along with my energy is improving, which is really really good. There are three movies playing in town that I want to see and I'm excited that coughing has subsided to the point where I feel comfortable sitting in a theatre. I'm seeing the first one, Past Lives, tomorrow evening... a nice little date with myself. Will try to do the others (Asteroid City and Indian Jones) this weekend.

We've had several days of 80 degree weather, which is a lot without air conditioning, but it also feels great to be having a real summer, so I'm thankful for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter