Is it weird to do character meets as an adult with no children?

I wondered the same thing... was hesitant to at first but actually PF+ a couple. After reading this I am thinking it was a good choice.

I just turned 50 last year. I've been twice in the last year and both times took some time away from my travel companions and had some "Me" time that included solo meet and greets. I did both face and fur characters. Had a lovely conversation with Anna about chocolate. She was adorable. And I struck up a conversation with a mom of a cute little girl in line to see her favorite princess, Merida.

So I say go for it. It's part of the magic of Disney. Some of the most Fun times I had was meeting the characters.

I had my first visit to WDW at the beginning of 2015, I was 31 and was quite nervous about meeting the characters as a solo adult. I found it awkward, but I'm glad I did it as it really pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me enjoy my visit that much more.

For the most part not an issue, but there was the one time I was in Ariels greatto w/my 2 DDs and there was an older gentlemen by himself (65,70, maybe 75) it was odd. At the end of the day, would I pass up buzz or vader? Nope. Heck I may even say hi to Olaf and Belle.. Oh Belle. For my daughters.... I mean.

I hadn't given it any real thought until my best friend suggested we do the Mickey & Friends greet at Epcot. It was a blast! Now it's on our regular list of things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter