If we arrive 2 days late, will my reservation be cancelled by MS?

So I gotta ask, and I'm not implying that you should know, but what gives? This contradicts virtually everything that's been posted with regards to this question yet to me, it makes the most sense.

Somebody in the other thread (I know. I need to find it and reference it but I Can't find it since the board upgrade.) posted something in a legal document that basically said it was forfeited but I can't find it now. I never liked it but I accepted it, yet what you posted seems to contradict it directly.

Now I wonder if anybody (here) really knows what the answer is.

If the person talked directly to the resort, they are not dealing with DVC...those CM's do not necessarily understand or even know the DVC rules and guidelines. Points are forfeited day off and that is pretty clear in our booking guidelines. Now emergencies can happen and I am sure if there was flight delay after hours, a call first thing would probably be fine as they may not cancel immediately.
Cancelling a DVC Resort Reservation

31 or More Days Prior to Check-in: Woo hoo! All of the points used to make the reservation are restored to your account in the appropriate Use Year.

30 Days – 1 Day Prior to Check-in: Sigh. All of the points used to make the reservation are placed into a “Holding Account” in the appropriate Use Year.

On the Check-in Date: Gulp. Hopefully, this will never happen, because all of the points used to make the reservation are forfeited

I have also heard that even cash guests that don't show up could have the reservation canceled. So, if one doesn't show up for a few days, I would expect to have difficulty. Whether or not this should be the way it is...you booked and reserved with your points so who cares...but until there is a change, that is the policy.

OK. I swear I'm not turning this into an argument, but...

What you posted is in regards to a cancellation an makes no specific mention of arrival and having to arrive on a specific day or else. What you posted does not deal with the question at hand. I'm not cancelling anything in the scenario we're talking about.

Just saying...

I am absolutely with WilsonFlyer about how it should work. The reservation is paid for and they should keep it for me whenever I show up.
However I would not be surprised that they basically can do whatever they want. Probably I signed somewhere that I accept the booking rules and this may be one of those. Probably it's used to be this way because in the hotel business, when you pay just for the night, it's correct that if you do not show up they cancel the reservation. So they copied the policy and are happy with it. Yet, it still feels wrong.

I have arrived the second day of a reservation at BCV and it was no problem. I had done online check in the night before but we ended up arriving at 10 am the second day of our reservation and we got our room right away and there were no problems. However, we had checked in online and I just ate the points from the first nights stay we didn't use.

I have arrived the second day of a reservation at BCV and it was no problem. I had done online check in the night before but we ended up arriving at 10 am the second day of our reservation and we got our room right away and there were no problems. However, we had checked in online and I just ate the points from the first nights stay we didn't use.

Someone I work with does this on purpose. She books the night before her arrival so whn she shows up from an early flight her room will be ready. She also does this when she wants to book a late flight. She books an extra night and just leaves some point during the day/late afternoon or evening so she doesnt have to pack up and move. If I knew I would have extra points I think I would do the same.

Hope OP your dd is feeling better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter