If not Victoria & Alberts, which restaurant would you choose for a special occasion?

Steffii

Falling in love with Disney again as an adult <3
Hello,

Myself and two adults are going to DW in October and we would like to celebrate a special occasion. We have a 60+3 window for ADRs and there is a good chance I won’t be able to get a spot given how difficult it is get a reservation at V&A.

Where would you suggest we go if not V&A and what was your favorite meal there? Would prefer Disney properties only. No budget. Im thinking Narcoosee’s?

Thank you!

I'd be going to one of the restaurants at Swan Dolphin like Shula's, Blue Zoo or Il Mulino I'd also consider Bull & Bear at the Waldorf.

Hello,

Myself and two adults are going to DW in October and we would like to celebrate a special occasion. We have a 60+3 window for ADRs and there is a good chance I won’t be able to get a spot given how difficult it is get a reservation at V&A.

Where would you suggest we go if not V&A and what was your favorite meal there? Would prefer Disney properties only. No budget. Im thinking Narcoosee’s?

Thank you!
For ambience, I like California Grill at the Contemporary or Toppolino’s Terrace at the Riviera. Both have incredible views overlooking the property. We have also enjoyed the food at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

Myself and two adults are going to DW in October and we would like to celebrate a special occasion

Were it me, I’d choose Flying Fish or Jaleo. There are no dishes at either establishment that I wouldn’t recommend.

Narcoossee’s isn’t as adventurous as the eatery you mentioned or the two I wrote but it’s fine if your preferences run to surf and turf.

I'd also consider Bull & Bear at the Waldorf.
That would be my first choice. Although it's not technically on Disney property, it's so close that it may as well be.

I'd be going to one of the restaurants at Swan Dolphin like Shula's, Blue Zoo or Il Mulino I'd also consider Bull & Bear at the Waldorf.
Thanks is there transport from the parks to those restaurants?

For ambience, I like California Grill at the Contemporary or Toppolino’s Terrace at the Riviera. Both have incredible views overlooking the property. We have also enjoyed the food at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.
Oh yes we have been also eyeing a firework reservation at California Grill. :)

Monsier Paul in France at Epcot (not Disney owned).

Citrico’s shares a kitchen area with V&A and is very good and has fancier entrees. If you prefer seafood Narcoossee wins however.

Toledo at the top of Gran destino tower is great too.
Citrico’s looks like another good option. Is it more high end dining than Narcoosee’s you think? Luckily we are staying at GF so that would make eating at the property easier.

Were it me, I’d choose Flying Fish or Jaleo. There are no dishes at either establishment that I wouldn’t recommend.

Narcoossee’s isn’t as adventurous as the eatery you mentioned or the two I wrote but it’s fine if your preferences run to surf and turf.
Flying Fish looks great. Just looked at the menu. Whats the best way to get there from MK or Epcot? Thanks for the recs!

Flying Fish looks great. Just looked at the menu. Whats the best way to get there from MK or Epcot? Thanks for the recs!
MK to the Boardwalk where Flying Fish (which is at the base of BWI) is:

Option 1- take monorail to Epcot and walk thru park to International Gate. Take Friendship boat to BWI. **This only works if you have park hoppers or AP.**

Option 2 - Take Magic Kingdom bus going to BWI,YC/BC

Epcot to Boardwalk:
Leave park from International Gate and take Friendship boat to BWI or walk from International Gate exit to BWI (about 15 to 20 minutes).

Enjoy your visit 👍🏾

Citrico’s looks like another good option. Is it more high end dining than Narcoosee’s you think? Luckily we are staying at GF so that would make eating at the property easier.
We have eaten at both lots of times since they have reopened after Covid and the remodeling. I would say they are fairly comparable but if you are a seafood lover Narcoossee wins. I love the key lime martini at Narcoossees.

Not what you asked, but a couple weeks ago we booked V&A at 60+3 no problem. My poor husband got up at 5:45 to get the reservation at 6, but I checked again that afternoon at 4 and both the main room and Queen Victoria room were still available. (I didn't have the heart to tell DH he got up early for nothing 🤣). So, there is hope for V&A if that's what you want.

Our best meal ever at wdw was in the small room at the back of California Grill, but we've eaten at CG since and unfortunately were not as impressed. Takumi tei and Monsieur Paul are where we were considering if we didn't get V&A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter