I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Continued

Whenever you give our family idle time, we get silly. I don't remember what led to this next photo session, but before I knew it, I had the camera in their faces and snapping silly pictures:

IMG_4387.JPEG

IMG_4388.JPEG

IMG_4389.JPEG

There was no preshow, the doors opened and we went straight into the theater.

IMG_4393.JPEG

IMG_4394.JPEG

IMG_4396.JPEG

IMG_4397.JPEG

IMG_4398.JPEG

I know that this attraction isn't for some but I love it. When we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour, we were given lots of information about the history of the attraction and the attention that Walt paid when it was under development.

**UP next: I'm gonna google it!

I know that this attraction isn't for some but I love it. When we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour, we were given lots of information about the history of the attraction and the attention that Walt paid when it was under development.
One time at Disneyland I did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour it's a bit like the Keys to the kingdom. When we were in the Tiki room they had us stay after the show and they brought out one of the flowers to show us how it worked.

That was really nice of you to pick up the popcorn bucket - not once, but twice - and lugging them around, too!!! Thanks for the on-going report, really enjoying it!

Question about mobile ordering the popcorn buckets. Can you mobile order one earlier in the day but not pick it up until you're leaving the park? Or do they give you a time frame that you have to come back at to get it?

Question about mobile ordering the popcorn buckets. Can you mobile order one earlier in the day but not pick it up until you're leaving the park? Or do they give you a time frame that you have to come back at to get it?
They gave me a time frame to pick it up. You can choose the time that you want to arrive on the mobile ordering app. This one was a new popcorn bucket so I was afraid to wait until later in the day in case they sold out.

I am also not a popcorn bucket person, my sister 100% is, but just the normal one, not the fancy ones. She fills it up multiple times a day and is happy as a clam toting it around. I would get very annoyed carrying it all day, so you are a better person than me! It is nice she was so appreciative though. Makes it worth it.

Love that Tabitha loved Dumbo! My mom and I took the kids to Disney last week, I was able to get a Tron preview and hubby couldn't go, so mom was very excited. We went on Dumbo more times than I can count with my 2.5 year old, and just yesterday she asked if she could go on Dumbo again. She won't remember it, but I will. It is sweet that Tabitha had the same love for it a 2.5 year old does and she WILL be able to remember the moment.

Would you do me a favor? Oh gosh, the things I do for my clients.

Throughout the day, I was posting pictures on social media and one of my clients (Jessica) saw that I was in the Magic Kingdom. She is one of Lacey's childhood friends and has used my services for several years. So, when she asked me if I would pick up a popcorn bucket for her, I didn't have it in me to say no. I placed the mobile order and walked over to pick it up.
View attachment 748081
It's funny what people prefer as souvenirs. I wouldn't carry a popcorn bucket around the park and wouldn't know what to do with it when I got it home anyway. Mickey ear bands hurt my head. And Loungefly backpacks are cute but impractical (heavy for their size). But I will stop at all the pressed penny machines and get 'em all. Then I walk around with jingly pockets. Isn't it nice that everyone is different?!

One time at Disneyland I did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour it's a bit like the Keys to the kingdom. When we were in the Tiki room they had us stay after the show and they brought out one of the flowers to show us how it worked.
That's cool! I would love to see that!
That was really nice of you to pick up the popcorn bucket - not once, but twice - and lugging them around, too!!! Thanks for the on-going report, really enjoying it!
I gotta confess that this is a one and done on those type of favors. I hatead carrying the buckets around.
I am also not a popcorn bucket person, my sister 100% is, but just the normal one, not the fancy ones. She fills it up multiple times a day and is happy as a clam toting it around. I would get very annoyed carrying it all day, so you are a better person than me! It is nice she was so appreciative though. Makes it worth it.

Love that Tabitha loved Dumbo! My mom and I took the kids to Disney last week, I was able to get a Tron preview and hubby couldn't go, so mom was very excited. We went on Dumbo more times than I can count with my 2.5 year old, and just yesterday she asked if she could go on Dumbo again. She won't remember it, but I will. It is sweet that Tabitha had the same love for it a 2.5 year old does and she WILL be able to remember the moment.
I know a lot of people who have those popcorn buckets. Not me. I am not rich but if I want popcorn, I'd rather pay for a regular popcorn than getting refills and carry it around.

Awww, I love the story of riding Dumbo over and over again.
It's funny what people prefer as souvenirs. I wouldn't carry a popcorn bucket around the park and wouldn't know what to do with it when I got it home anyway. Mickey ear bands hurt my head. And Loungefly backpacks are cute but impractical (heavy for their size). But I will stop at all the pressed penny machines and get 'em all. Then I walk around with jingly pockets. Isn't it nice that everyone is different?!
Isn't it though? I don't get the whole popcorn bucket thing. Having said that, I do have a couple that I could use for Christmas decorations but I'm not all about hunting the buckets down. The same person that I bought this one for ended up having me buy a a one day park ticket just so she could fly to Disney and get a Figmet bucket.

I can not wear the Mickey ears from Disney. They kill my head behind my ears. The ones that I wear, I make and they are a lot looser.

My kids bought me a Lougefly backpack for Christmas so I will take it on our November trip. I have never bought one for myself though.

I have a lot of pressed pennies too!

I'm gonna google it!

I'm looking at my pictures and it appears that I didn't take many pictures for a while. In this next series, it is turning dusk and Beast's Castle is starting to glow.

IMG_4399.JPEG

We decided to visit Tomorrowland and The Laugh Floor. While waiting in the pre-show, the screen tells you to text a joke that could possibly be used in the show. We have always participated and this year was no different. But, I couldn't think of a good funny joke. So I did like any normal person would and said "I'm gonna google it". I found a cute joke, text it in and kept my fingers crossed that it would be used.

IMG_4403.JPEG

IMG_4404.JPEG
Hellooooooo Humans!
IMG_4405.JPEG

IMG_4407.JPEG

I love how the characters interact with the guests/audience. Unfortunately, my joke wasn't chosen but the ones that were used were really cute.

**Up next: Eatin' good in the neighborhood!

Last edited:
Eatin' good in the neighborhood!
As I said earlier, I'm missing a chunk of the day somewhere. But, I do have pictures of where we went after The Laugh Floor. Cinderella Castle was changing design and it was stunningly beautiful!
IMG_4408.JPEG

IMG_4409.JPEG

IMG_4410.JPEG

We weren't able to linger long as we had somewhere else we had to be. Even from Fantasyland, the castle was pretty:

IMG_4412.JPEG

Now that we were in a different "neighborhood", where were we going? I bet this will give you a clue:
IMG_4413.JPEG

We had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest:

IMG_4414.JPEG

IMG_4415.JPEG

Our wait was a very short one and our hostess took us to our table. Look at how pretty the chandelier and ceiling are:

IMG_4416.JPEG

Eatin' good in the neighborhood continued
You will remember that we were traveling during a time when the characters were still social distancing. Therefore, the Beast was still making an appearance but keeping his distance.
IMG_4421.JPEG

IMG_4422.JPEG

IMG_4423.JPEG

IMG_4424.JPEG

Our server brought out the rolls:

IMG_4426.JPEG

Between the six of us, we ordered just two appetizers. The soup:

IMG_4429.JPEG

and the charcuterie board (ain't gonna lie, I had to google the spelling)
IMG_4430.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Eatin' good in the neighborhood continued
For the entrees, we were all of the like mind. Everyone except for Tabitha ordered the steak:
IMG_4431.JPEG
Tabitha ordered the scallops:
IMG_4432.JPEG

Beast made another visit to our table:

IMG_4433.JPEG

IMG_4434.JPEG

You can't see her well but the right edge of the two pictures above, you can see part of Tabitha's face. What you can't see is the huge smile on her face. The delicious entrees devoured, it was time for dessert! We each ordered the same thing.

IMG_4435.JPEG

IMG_4436.JPEG

IMG_4437.JPEG
IMG_4438.JPEG

**Continued: I think I'm going to pee my pants!

I think I'm going to pee my pants!

In our family, we always find something to laugh about. It can be something stupid. It can be something simple. It can be nothing at all. But, something was said and we all got tickled.

IMG_4439.JPEG

IMG_4440.JPEG

IMG_4443.JPEG

I already had to tinkle but was waiting until we were leaving to go. But, with us laughing....well, you can figure it out.

Like I said in an update or two before and probably earlier posts, John and I told the kids that we would take them to Disney and all they had to pay for was their meals. Well, that didn't happen. We paid this tab too.
IMG_4447 (2).JPEG

Tab paid, we left the restaurant but not before I made a restroom stop. Remember, we were traveling during a time of COVID so nighttime spectaculars were limited. We decided to make our way back to the resort because we would be getting up early the next day. We walked through the castle and had a view of Main Street USA.

IMG_4455.JPEG

Isn't she beautiful!?!

IMG_4456.JPEG

IMG_4458.JPEG

One last picture before leaving Magic Kingdom for the day.

**Up next: Can you

IMG_4460.JPEG

**Up next: Have you ever seen such a gorgeous tree in your life?

How nice you were to pick up the popcorn buckets! And, you and your DH treating the kids to Disney. What a wonderful gift. I get the part about picking up the tab. Hard to break that habit. Hoping your son in law makes a quick recovery!

P.S. Enjoyed all the updates!

How nice you were to pick up the popcorn buckets! And, you and your DH treating the kids to Disney. What a wonderful gift. I get the part about picking up the tab. Hard to break that habit. Hoping your son in law makes a quick recovery!

P.S. Enjoyed all the updates!

John and I knew that we would end up buying most the meals....we just can't break the habit. Once a Mom and Dad, always a Mom and Dad. LOL

Have you ever seen such a gorgeous tree in your life?

So far, Tabitha had been having a fantastic first Walt Disney World vacation. While we knew that she had loved the parks so far, we knew that today would be one that would blow her away. it wouldn't be one of those in-your-face Disney days but.....

We met at the bus stop and we were met with a large crowd of guests. They were also waiting for an Animal Kingdom bus. One of the others said that they had been there almost an hour. Oh Lord have mercy! We were trying to get to morning extra hours and were already cutting it close even if we didn't have to wait long on a bus.

We waited and waited. The man who said that they had been waiting the longest used the phone in the bus stop to call and let them know. He would also go up to every other bus that came by and tell them how long he had been there. They would always tell him that an Animal Kingdom bus was coming. Finally, a tour bus came and everyone at the stop was able to board. We left the resort and arrived at the same time as the non-Disney property guest. I was mad. We wanted to go straight to Pandora and ride Flights of Passage. Now, the wait time was ridiculous. I made up my mind right then and there that I was going to complain and somebody was going to listen. I didn't know who it would be but it WAS happening.

We entered the park and saw the most gorgeous tree that Tabitha had ever seen. She, literally, gasped. Aww, my frustration lessened a little but not all the way.
IMG_4461.JPEG

I saw a Guest Services umbrella and told the rest of the family that they could either go on without me or wait. It didn't matter to me. They chose to wait and take a bathroom break. I waited in line with several other people. The castmembers were really nice when I told them what had happened. They said that they couldn't really make any complaints about the buses, but they could give us passes for Flights of Passage and the safari since those were the two attractions that we had planned on going to first and second. I was very pleased with their generosity even though I hadn't expected it.

The Kilimanjaro Safari pass could be used at any time of the day but the Flights of Passage was later. Jesse wanted to see Pandora first.

OH WAIT! I forgot to give y'all an update on Jesse. While we had been at Magic Kingdom, he had finally made his way back to Caribbean Beach. He said that the had to hold back the nauseous / puking feeling several times but he made it back. He went straight to bed and was in a deep sleep when someone knocked on the door. It was room check. He asked who it was and they told him through the door. He asked if they could come back and they said no, they had to do the check right then. He told them that he was sick and he had to get dressed. They waited, came in, walked around for less than a minute and left. When we got back to the resort, I gave Lacey some of the anti-nausea meds that I brought along and he was fine the next morning.

Now, back to our Animal Kingdom.....We went to Pandora first:. Oh and I forgot to say that we woke up that morning and it was pretty cool outside. The forecast called for a chilly day which is the reason why most of us are in sweatshirts or long sleeve.

IMG_2259.JPEG

We looked around Pandora for a little while and then headed towards Africa to use our Kilimanjaro Safari pass.

IMG_4464.JPEG

There's our chariot! IMG_4467.JPEG

John, Hunter, Tabitha and I were in one row with Lacey and Jesse on the next.

IMG_4470.JPEG

IMG_4471.JPEG

Let's get this safari underway!

IMG_4473.JPEG

In all of our safaris, this was the first time the hippos were completely out of the water and sunning:

IMG_4475.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Have you ever seen such a gorgeous tree in your life? continued

Our safari continued:

IMG_4477.JPEG

IMG_4478.JPEG

It was time to ride out to the savanna :

IMG_4479.JPEG

All eyes were on Tabitha because we knew she was about to see all sorts of animals:

IMG_4480.JPEG

IMG_4481.JPEG

IMG_4482.JPEG

IMG_4483.JPEG

IMG_4484.JPEG

As you can see, the giraffes were soclose which got a lot of ooh and ahhs.

Contiued in next post

Have you ever seen such a gorgeous tree in your life? continued

We were now entering elephant country:

IMG_4487.JPEG

IMG_4488.JPEG

IMG_4489.JPEG

IMG_4490.JPEG

IMG_4491.JPEG

IMG_4492.JPEG

IMG_4492.JPEG

I kept snapping away which is why some of the pictures look almost identical. We left the elephant and were on our way to look for more animals: There's cheetah in the next picture.

IMG_4494.JPEG

And thino:

IMG_4495.JPEG

**Up next: I am lion! Here me roar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter