• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many pairs of park shoes?

I usually take:

1 pair of sneakers/gym shoes/running shoes
1 pair of Birkenstocks
1 pair of supportive flip flops

I will usually wear the Birks unless it gets cold and then I'll wear the sneakers. I will also sometimes wear the flip flops into the parks depending on how my feet feel. I wear orthopedic insoles because I have plantar fasciitis and sometimes I just need to wear my sneakers.

Okay good I'm not the only one there in Birks.

This last fall I brought two pairs of Birks (switched pairs daily so they'd fully dry out) plus one pair of cheap flip flops. The flip flops were only for going to the hotel pool, though; it was Birks in the parks the entire time. I found that I had to put moleskin across the tops of my feet; the Birks were broken in but it turned out I wasn't used to wearing them all day on sweaty feet and the straps would rub.

If you wear socks try some of the athletic ones (nike, adidas, swiftwick, etc.) as they tend to breathe a little better, especially in the summer time. Sandals is a good option if you know you are going on one of the water rides.

I always keep an extra pair of socks with me in the parks. Sometimes even a different pair of socks can help. Plus if your feet get wet from rain or a ride, dry socks can save your feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter