• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does Nexus approval take?

As I have previously mentioned, our family mailed our Nexus applications at the beginning of June. At the end of August I called the enrolment centre to ask if we have been approved yet. The officer said the apps were approved on AUGUST 28, and he gave me each family members Nexus number. I then went onto the GOES website and after many hours, was able to get each person their own appt. within the same week (they were booking for mid December). Today, OCTOBER 20, I just received in the mail all of our Nexus approval letters. It took them almost two months to send the approval letter!? We all have our Nexus cards already. Each letter inside the envelope is dated August 28th. So, if you are waiting for an approval letter, don't wait, call. A family member who sent her application with ours, living at a different address, got her letter of approval yesterday. I find it strange that it has taken so long for the letter to be sent.

We had our interviews a week ago and got the cards today. I applied at the end if June.

I have a question though. Now what do we do? We have plane reservations. Do we need to attach our Nexus number before we check in? Do we get special TSA priority?
Thanks!

We had our interviews a week ago and got the cards today. I applied at the end if June.

I have a question though. Now what do we do? We have plane reservations. Do we need to attach our Nexus number before we check in? Do we get special TSA priority?
Thanks!

You certainly get priority. Both entering and leaving the U.S. You are now a trusted traveller.

Thanks!

If flying Air Canada, you can add your Nexus number in the "known traveller number" box when you provide the Advance Passport Information. With this information, AC will issue you a boarding pass with TSA pre check, allowing you to use priority screening lines. You also need to show your card to access Nexus security screening lines too. If flying out of YYZ, you get to use Global ENtry kiosks for US Customs which are more forgiving, using finger prints and passports, vs iris scans at the Nexus kiosks at Canadian Customs on your way home. Our daughter always had trouble doing her iris scans, and we always had to line up anyways to talk to an agent.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter