• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does Nexus approval take?

If you've sent your application by mail it's a bit tougher as you don't have online access. It might take a while for your application to go thru the central mailing centre. So there is actually no number to follow-up with the application processing.

When I called, i had already confirmed my interview date/time and was inquiring about my spouse application. It's honestly super busy and I had to try calling 5 times to reschedule my Appointment.

I know this reply doesn't help you, but rest assured it's in their system. Once the application is thru- you'll receive your conditional approval and that's when you can register online and choose an interview date/time.

If it helps. We did our interview together, and my spouse got their card 1 week after, and I've yet to get my card..... (2.5 weeks now) and the kicker..... I can't even use it during this upcoming trip :(

Good luck Toy Story Fan
Thanks Shumshine, hope you get your card soon!

Sorry for not answering. I haven't checked the thread in a bit. Glad you got your numbers.

I called this morning and was told it's a 12 week wait for approval now. Here's hoping it doesn't get longer (first I was told 4 weeks, then 8 now 12). We have a trip in February and I'm nervous we won't get our interviews by then. There are 4 of us.

Good luck everyone!

Of course, after all this worry, one of us has received our conditional approval. So far it's just my daughter so I hope the rest of us will follow shortly.

I have a stupid question. If we have to book each person separately for an interview, how do we book all together? It doesn't seem like it lets you choose the time but automatically assigns a time to you. There are 4 of us - 2 children.

Thanks!

Of course, after all this worry, one of us has received our conditional approval. So far it's just my daughter so I hope the rest of us will follow shortly.

I have a stupid question. If we have to book each person separately for an interview, how do we book all together? It doesn't seem like it lets you choose the time but automatically assigns a time to you. There are 4 of us - 2 children.

Thanks!
I have spent the last two days trying to get earlier appointments than December. On the GOES website it says to call the enrolment centre you will be going to and they may be able to arrange a family appointment. This is NOT the case. The person I spoke with at the Edmonton centre says they don't do that and she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I did manage to get 2 interviews for this coming week! One is my husbands and the other is my oldest adult son. My plan is to go with them and see if they will take me with my husband and my youngest son with my oldest. This way we will all be done in the same week. The airport is about a 50 minute drive each way, so I would prefer the least amount of trips, not to mention the gouging parking fee.

Here in Edmonton, they were booking for December. If you click on the date showing the next appointment available, a calendar will pop up with all the available times for that day. There may be several or one or two. You have to do each person separately and hope nobody takes the times you want. I wish there was an easier way to schedule a family, but there isn't, as far as I know. Maybe try your enrolment centre, they might be more accommodating.

We applied on May 18, got conditional approval on June 6. The earliest interview appointment in Halifax was for the last week of August. We went yesterday and were in and out in 20 minutes. We received the approval email before we had left the airport. Hopefully the cards come quickly in the mail. We are 2 weeks away from our trip to Diseyland.

I have spent the last two days trying to get earlier appointments than December. On the GOES website it says to call the enrolment centre you will be going to and they may be able to arrange a family appointment. This is NOT the case. The person I spoke with at the Edmonton centre says they don't do that and she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I did manage to get 2 interviews for this coming week! One is my husbands and the other is my oldest adult son. My plan is to go with them and see if they will take me with my husband and my youngest son with my oldest. This way we will all be done in the same week. The airport is about a 50 minute drive each way, so I would prefer the least amount of trips, not to mention the gouging parking fee.

Here in Edmonton, they were booking for December. If you click on the date showing the next appointment available, a calendar will pop up with all the available times for that day. There may be several or one or two. You have to do each person separately and hope nobody takes the times you want. I wish there was an easier way to schedule a family, but there isn't, as far as I know. Maybe try your enrolment centre, they might be more accommodating.

Toy Story Fan, keep checking for appointment openings at your enrollment centre a couple of days before, if you're not on their list for the day, they will turn you back.

If you end up getting an appointment time all for the same day (doesn't matter about different times, just Show up all for the first Appointment and let them know)

Good luck!

Toy Story Fan, keep checking for appointment openings at your enrollment centre a couple of days before, if you're not on their list for the day, they will turn you back.

If you end up getting an appointment time all for the same day (doesn't matter about different times, just Show up all for the first Appointment and let them know)

Good luck!
Unfortunately, here in Alberta, Edmonton is taking appointments for mid December. For some reason, Calgary has no appointments available. So it looks like Edmonton is serving all of Alberta at the moment. Impossible for any of us to get the same date. If we lived in just about any other province, we could have all of our interviews in September and on the same day. Looks like 4 trips to the airport...ugh!

All four of us just got approved. Our paper application was received at the very end if June and the last one of us got our approval today - about 10 weeks. We all got approval in the span of about 3 business days. We're in Ottawa and I was searching for 4 appointments first thing. We got November 2. Could have been earlier if we were willing to take other times. So it doesn't seem so bad here.....

All four of us just got approved. Our paper application was received at the very end if June and the last one of us got our approval today - about 10 weeks. We all got approval in the span of about 3 business days. We're in Ottawa and I was searching for 4 appointments first thing. We got November 2. Could have been earlier if we were willing to take other times. So it doesn't seem so bad here.....

I am in the same area. Can I ask how they let you know your paper application was approved? Your application timing is about the same as mine, and I've heard nothing so far.

I called the CBSA months ago and got our ID numbers. With those, you can set up an online account (every applicant has a separate one). They emailed me when the status changed (or when you log in you see either nothing, or conditional approval. You won't see anything before conditional approval). That that point I could schedule the interviews.

If you're in the Ottawa area you won't have any trouble. Most of November is wide open and if you can go at any time, there's even lots of availability in October. I was worried because some processing centres a lot busier, but it was easy.

Good luck.

I am in the same area. Can I ask how they let you know your paper application was approved? Your application timing is about the same as mine, and I've heard nothing so far.
If you have not set up your GOES account, you can call one of these numbers http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find them. When I was trying to call the one for Alberta, none of the menu choices gave me a human to talk to, so, I just pushed 0 and was able to speak to someone. He gave me our numbers over the phone. I was then able to set up our accounts on the Goes website and make our interview appointments.

We sent ours (by mail) beginning of June, were approved August 28th. I called to get our numbers. I spent hours on the GOES website to get all our appointments for the interview within the same week. They were booking for mid December, so I kept refreshing the website waiting for people to cancel their appointments. I was able to get all of us in this week with the last interview yesterday. That was 4 separate trips to the airport. Now it's all done and should receive the cards in 2-4 weeks. My youngest son (16), didn't get his approval email and his status didn't change on the GOES website. I had to call the next day and the officer looked up his account. The person who interviewed him, did not check the approved box, so the officer checked it and was approved within minutes. So make sure you receive an email stating that your account status has changed and that you are approved. Mistakes can happen.

We applied on May 18, got conditional approval on June 6. The earliest interview appointment in Halifax was for the last week of August. We went yesterday and were in and out in 20 minutes. We received the approval email before we had left the airport. Hopefully the cards come quickly in the mail. We are 2 weeks away from our trip to Diseyland.
Our cards arrived today just in time for our trip, nine business days after our interview.

We all received our Nexus cards in the mail as of today. So from sending the application, going to the interview and then getting the cards in the mail, it took 15 weeks. The original interview dates that were available were mid December, but I waited until people cancelled their appointments and we were all able to get an appointment within the same week, otherwise, it would have been 6 months in total!

Note to everyone who has a unit/suite/apartment number.

Make sure that the approval letter does not contain any of those words.
Mine was delayed 8 weeks due to "unit" being included in my address.

If this happens call CBSA/ search for Canadian processing centre and find your province, give them a call, if you don't receive your card in 10/12 business days.

You will need to verify the address on Nexus site as well, and obtain the email for the nexus processing centre.

We all received our Nexus cards in the mail as of today. So from sending the application, going to the interview and then getting the cards in the mail, it took 15 weeks. The original interview dates that were available were mid December, but I waited until people cancelled their appointments and we were all able to get an appointment within the same week, otherwise, it would have been 6 months in total!
Soooo happy you got all your cards! Now... To a way smoother travel time

Soooo happy you got all your cards! Now... To a way smoother travel time
Thanks Shumshine. I didn't realize at the beginning of this whole process that it would take this long. When it's time for renewal, I'll have to remember this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter