HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

:rotfl2:
Yes, it is common place here. I’m sure I’ve uttered it as an adult. Now and again, it’s more along line of being accused having a potty mouth

We’ve never stayed at the airport Hyatt. Had plans to do so until informed by DiL they locked down the balcony doors after an unfortunate, sad event

Now, tempted to give it a whirl for a drink & light dinner. Can’t say I’ve ever noticed how one gets up there :scratchin

lol......it does seem to be very popular among women talking to their families....I try not to smile when I hear it, but sometimes......well, you know.....:duck:

There are escalators and elevators to get up, got this from Google, elevators are behind the screens in the centre of the pic. The restaurant is to the far right.

i-gsGGGVx-S.jpg

I remember that incident, our friend Raymond was there as he was flying out, horrible. It`s a hotel we`ve never considered staying at but some friends have used it for a day room, they enjoyed the pool as they waited for their flight late at night. It does look lovely.

I can however recommend the restaurant, they do a very nice sushi menu from 5pm onwards, but never been brave enough before an overnight flight to try it lol.....food is always lovely though.

I get in some weird food anxiety thing flying back to the US that I have to eat a big meal in the airport, then eat EVERYTHING in sight on the flight. Wall of Goodies? It stands no chance with me.

I am so glad you guys had another great trip and always love following along!

When is your next trip back?

Thank you so much for taking such time to write such great and detailed trip reports. You and Tom need your own travel show!

That wall of goodies is such a lovely touch on the flights in Premium and Upper, don`t blame you for indulging. But I have an irrational fear of being hungry on the flight (never gonna happen) so we do always enjoy a nice meal.....just in case!!

We did have a wonderful trip, and glad you enjoyed it. Next trip is later in the year, we have a lot going on in April/May, all good things I have to say, and we don`t want to go for shorter trips, so we`ll countdown to late summer till we get back.

lol.....not sure about the travel show.....I can talk to Australia and back about Florida, after that we might be a bit stuck as it`s a long time since we travelled to mainland Europe and no desire to go back to be honest, so might be a bit limited in content, but thank you for the compliment ☺️

That chowder looks delicious! What a shame to have that meal marred by the weird server. It absolutely seems like a scam was afoot. I’m glad they gave up when the realized you weren’t just going to go along with it.

It doesn’t happen often, but I do enjoy sitting in the airport and relaxing before a flight. It’s such a thing to just get there, and feel like now I need to put my “travel” face on ☺️

I will share that if I asked Mr, Worfiedoodles or Son of Worfiedoodles if they had to go potty it would not be well-received 😳🤣

I am also sad we are winding down. I enjoy coming along for your travels and really appreciate all the details and fantastic photos! 🎉🌈🥰

That chowder looks delicious! What a shame to have that meal marred by the weird server. It absolutely seems like a scam was afoot. I’m glad they gave up when the realized you weren’t just going to go along with it.

It doesn’t happen often, but I do enjoy sitting in the airport and relaxing before a flight. It’s such a thing to just get there, and feel like now I need to put my “travel” face on ☺️

I will share that if I asked Mr, Worfiedoodles or Son of Worfiedoodles if they had to go potty it would not be well-received 😳🤣

I am also sad we are winding down. I enjoy coming along for your travels and really appreciate all the details and fantastic photos! 🎉🌈🥰

It really was Maria, I thought of you and Mr Worfie who are used to the best of chowders, I think you`d both like it, very intense flavour, gorgeous. Yes, I`m not quite sure what she was up to, but it was something shifty.

It is very civilised to just sit and enjoy the airport in nice surroundings away from the hustle and bustle of the noise and crowds down there before we go airside and the food is very good up there.

lol....I`ve never heard anyone in the UK use that term which is why I think I began noticing it, here the only time a potty is referred to is when someone is potty training their little ones or yes, potty mouthed is a term some will say.

Thank you Maria, always appreciate your lovely comments along the way and always glad to know you enjoyed it, I know you`ve been incredibly busy, so it is always lovely to see you post on here ☺️

After we finished and paid, we visited the bathroom and then headed down to go through security, with Global Entry we automatically have TSA Precheck and although the general lines weren`t too bad we were glad of going through with not a single person in front of us and we had a very friendly officer tonight who chatted briefly as we walked through. It is nice when they can do that, I understand their job is not always conducive to making light conversations, but we enjoy it when they can show their more human side.

We don`t have to take shoes and belts off nor do we have to bring out all electronics and into another tray which is just easier and less stressful as we go through, the general line can be like a rugby scrum at times so this is nicer and I don`t get a secondary check as I go through the scanner this time, neither does Tom but he very rarely does anyway.

The little mini monorail is pulling in as we walk down, it`s just not the same going this way and we feel a little glum!!

Once through the other side we head into Duty Free and purchase 2 bottles of my favourite gin, they don`t always have it, but they did today so we got it and as always, we pick it up before we get on the plane. We have a wander round and pick up some water for the flight and a snack for breakfast in case the offering is dreadful. Even if the food is decent going home, the breakfast is usually inedible, so a couple of muffins would be ideal.

Then we wait. The seats at the airport could not be more uncomfortable if they tried, but we have some time to wait as is usual, it normally passes fairly quickly with lots going on, people watching is one of our things to do here, like everyone else.

Our flight was due to take off at 10pm, but they announced a slight delay which wasn`t too bad at all.

Virgin in the last year have started doing boarding groups which works well, although there are still the odd ones who try and blag their way on first. Like other airlines, they load people who need assistance, then Upper, Premium and then economy. They tell everyone to remain seated till their group is called.....again, there are always the ones who insist on gathering where folks will go through before them. Ground crew are very good at reminding them to move back.

We really do enjoy flying VA, they have never let us down and CC are always exceptional. Some don`t like them which is fair enough, we all have our preferences, but they were brilliant throughout Covid and made it really easy for us to defer flights each time one set were cancelled, so we`ll stick with them for as long as we can. We like direct flights too which is what they offer to us, so yes, we like them a lot.

We are the second group to board and go forward where despite the facial recognition machines being there, we still need our passports tonight, no issue but they brought those machines in to avoid passport checks.

Tom stops on the way to the plane at the lady who has the duty free, shows her his receipt and picks up our gin, we do hope the bottles we have carefully wrapped and double wrapped survives the journey, they usually do but we never know.

I pop my hand luggage and Tom`s up in the overhead storage, then he pops the gin in fairly securely and that one is now full. A man comes in and immediately tries to reorganise our stuff......there really is no room for any more as the lady to the side of us had popped a small bag in there too, and we ask him not to try and squeeze something in where there is no room....cheeky beggar! He had already filled the overhead above him and thought he would move our stuff around, one of the cabin crew asked him to put it under the seat in front of him which he was not happy about, she then offered to take it and store it which he objected to as well, she reminded him there are size limits for a reason, good for her. There`s always one.

We settled down and got our glass of fizzy to begin the journey home with....I wondered why I had taken this myself, but Tom was chatting to the woman beside us who was bemoaning about the rude man with the luggage, she was very vocal too....lol

i-6ZLRHTR-X2.jpg

We love these seats, the back row of Premium seats are ideal as they have a lot of recline and you have no one behind you, we don`t always manage to get them but it`s nice when we do. Regular Premium seats are all decent with plenty of legroom and decent sized screens for movie watching and plenty of butt room for those of us with more than ample ones, much better than the seats we had coming out!!

We pull back from the gate very soon tonight and we took off around 10.25pm which isn`t too bad and tonight we took a slightly different flight path and I looked out and could see the Orlando Eye out the window a few moments after take off, but swiftly we turned and headed back up the seaboard which is more our usual direction if we don`t head straight across the Atlantic.

Levelling off we have complete darkness out the window before too long and we see the flight path is going to take us up the Eastern Seaboard, so we`ll be seeing darkness for most of the flight as we are on the right side of the plane.

Cabin Crew come round with their first drinks service, I take a red wine and Tom goes for their beer and we are offered the menu with their offerings for this flight. We had the email a week ago and had already chosen our dishes so no surprises there and it is nice pre-ordering, it makes certain we don`t end up with the vegetarian option.

I had started watching one of the hundreds of movies on offer, I picked the new Indiana Jones one despite the bad reviews, Tom was already plugged into some sci fi movie of which there seemed to be loads to pick from....I can`t wait till we get a load of good movies to watch again on flights.

I don`t think I`ll ever get used to seeing wine in a can, but it`s drinkable.

i-wkrJJL2-X2.jpg

i-n4RBSKc-X2.jpg

i-kjBV4zM-X2.jpg

i-vkGmHbH-X2.jpg

i-xmsxNxj-X2.jpg

i-kVJNtj7-X2.jpg

I tend to flick between the movie and the skymap, I always enjoy seeing exactly where we are and how long we have to go till we land.

i-d5KqBsD-X2.jpg

i-jB5hpPf-X2.jpg

About now they began serving food which was surprisingly edible, so although we weren`t overly hungry we picked at the best of the dishes although not overly fussed on the little salad appetiser. We both asked for red wine with the meal too which again, despite being in a can is alright.

i-h4K7sng-X2.jpg

It`s hard to tell from the picture but Tom had ordered the teriyaki chicken and it was very nice indeed.

i-GjSkQwt-X2.jpg

I had the pulled pork which came with mashed potato and again, it was very nice and I completely ignored the vile green beans in the dish, Tom laughs as he loves them, but never gets them as I won`t cook them for him.....he`s so deprived!!!

i-vxPkS47-X2.jpg

We did enjoy the little cheese plate on offer tonight, I got Tom`s Brie and he got the dried apricots...yep, I don`t really like them so not a bad switch, but the cheese was nice with the crackers.

i-rHvW8cq-X2.jpg

Everything was nice, the dessert was especially tasty too and we both ate what we felt like before they came round with another drinks service, if anything I can guess we would sleep well once the lights went down.

Once everything was cleared away we visited the bathroom and planned to settle down for hopefully a couple of hours sleep. There was one woman coughing and I think we all knew she was coughing for the entire flight, can`t be helped and we did feel sorry for her as we`d all hate to be the one disturbing everyone else.

i-THjFDS3-X2.jpg

i-d5KqBsD-X2.jpg

It was just before NY they turned the cabin lights down and everything did go fairly quiet, except for the coughing lady who did try her best to stop, but I fully reclined the seat, pulled the blanket over me, neck pillow under the chin, eye mask on and headphones on listening to Whitney Houston songs, I think Tom was already asleep at this point.

I slept till around being level with Iceland, opened the blinds slightly and managed to see some of the sunrise, but as sleeping beauty was still out for the count I pulled the blind back down and snoozed a little more.

i-zrPRsPz-X2.jpg

i-bjx2n47-X2.jpg

i-tM8nbjN-X2.jpg

i-Hr5pqqR-X2.jpg

I took my time waking up and once Tom was awake I went to the bathroom before breakfast arrived and I was ready for a cuppa. Not the best cuppa but very welcome after a few hours sleep and it is in a real cup which is nice.

i-J7LHnMG-X2.jpg

I have to admit, I wasn`t expecting much from the breakfast especially from the egg which sounded as if it would be completely dreadful, but to be fair, it was all very nice, including the alarmingly out of proportion sausage that seemed to overpower the rest of the dish and we both did enjoy this for a change to the usual dreadful oatmeal or some hard bagel we had been offered in the past.

i-5jkLV5m-X2.jpg

We did both try the yoghurt which won the award for the worst tasting yoghurt we had both ever tried!

i-cjmfvKW-X2.jpg

The last hour always seems to drag a little, now everyone just wants to be home, but soon we are descending into what seems to be the heaviest thickest cloud we have ever gone through, it was a little rough to say the least and we were all glad to land and as always it`s a good landing, but the weather looks dreadful out the window, yep we were back in the UK.

The pilot had made up 30 minutes so the flight took only 7hrs 30mins, and we were off quickly as Premium get off first due to where the doors are and we ambled the 53 mile walk back down to Passport control which is unmanned for the most part unless you have issues, but we got through in seconds and headed down to retrieve our luggage, I hoped it wouldn`t be too long as I was exhausted and Tom wasn`t looking too awake either.

This is a hit or miss with how long you wait for luggage, despite having priority on them sometimes you can still wait, but today the luck was with us and ours were all out fairly quickly and we headed out.

The car service was around 20 minutes away due to traffic delays for her, so we stopped in at Pret a Manger and had semi decent cup of tea. We did look at another place, but it was beside the door and wow the cold draught when it slid open would cut you in two, so we moved along a few places.

Our driver called us 10 minutes later to say she was there, so we walked outside and it was very cold which wasn`t very nice only having a hoodie on, but where the pick up point is was only a few moments walk, we got in the car which was lovely and warm and we set off the drive home. I think I was asleep before we even left the airport this morning and woke up about 20 minutes from home, I did open my eyes a few times along the way but went back over, Tom said he didn`t open his eyes once.

Once home as we had slept a fair bit, we put the kettle on, very important of course, first cup of good old real tea again, unpacked and got the laundry started, also very important, then both had the best of showers!! The weather was foul but the house was lovely and warm and we were also really glad we had got all the decorations and trees up before we left, it was very cosy indeed.

We ordered Chinese take out and by 10pm we were shattered so headed for bed, weirdly I think we both slept for about an hour then we were both wide awake! Jet lag is awful when it hits and this trip I think it took us almost a full week before we got back to normal. Thankfully being retired we don`t need to get back to work, we can sleep when we need to, but it`s worth it.

Another trip over and it was an absolute blast

And all our alcohol survived in both the suitcases and our overhead bins and everyone loves the size of the Tequila and Aviation Gin bottles!!!

i-NJ3F5ST-X2.jpg

There are so many highlights of this trip I can`t even begin to say how much we enjoyed everything and everyone we met up with.

The hotels and staff again were amazing, they look after everyone so well and we always feel very spoiled when we stay in either Royal or Sapphire. Everyone, from the moment you walk in look after you so well and they are just the nicest people, some, we are thrilled and delighted to call friends.

The lovely Marian and Andrea especially deserve our thanks, they spoil us with kindness throughout our trips and we are so thankful for them in our life, they are the nicest of ladies. And so many others who are incredibly special to us including Samuel, Tory, Raphael, Kelly, Aspen, Jen, Trish, Egle, Milton, Rob, Shellonda, Colby and many more I should name along with Mr Beiderman who is very special to us too, he is always so kind and takes great interest in his guests and staff alike. We very much enjoyed doing the volunteering with him early in the trip, such a lovely man.

Strong Water is probably our second home while we are here, we spend a lot of time in there with good reason, it`s prefect. Food, drink and service are simply the best, especially service, they are the nicest and kindest people you will ever meet and like all the folks we do know well, we adore them all. Fernando, Maggie, Demi, Lenny, Chef Carlos and so many others all add to make our times there very special indeed.

We enjoy everything they have to offer and we did live up to our trip report title.......🍹

i-c45QzdM-M.jpg

We met up with some lovely folks, our friends mr and mrs keishashadow who we always enjoy seeing on as many trips as we can, we always have such a lovely time with them and this trip included a very nice evening with them.

Spending time with our lovely friend Raymond is always a highlight, he may not work for Loews any longer but keeping in touch with him and meeting up is always amazing, one of my favourite people in the whole world.

The lovely Ruth (disneyseniors) and her daughter was also a lovely evening together, we had been chatting for a long time by email so it was splendid to finally meet up and we got on like a house on fire and chatted the night away, both her and her daughter are lovely and very alike!!!

Meeting up with a lovely family we had heard so much about over the years. They are also long term guests, they`ve been staying at RP since it opened and like us they stay often and we had been told we would absolutely love them if we ever got to meet then. We were looking forward to our trips crossing over this time and finally got to meet the famous JP family and again, we got on really well and were so glad to finally meet them. And we keep in touch which is always nice.

Our friends D&J, we had a short meet this time due to timings, but we`ll rectify that next trip. We were very lucky when we met D way back, we have become very good friends and always look forward to the next trip we can meet up and as D travels down regularly she can make it whenever we are there.

Finally catching up with S & C (saskdw) for a chat, it was so lovely meeting up with him and his wife at last, we had a nice time chatting and wished it could have been longer, but we do now know each other which is nice too.

Some other folks we met very briefly in the Club Lounge were Llama Mama, Laura and Bill who were so lovely, I wish they had been staying longer as they were a lot of fun.

The Club Lounge is a wonderful place to spend some time, people tend to chat and pass the time with one another and the staff look after everyone amazingly well.

We enjoyed several things offsite including the amazing Hamburger Mary`s, maybe not for everyone but it`s right up our street and we`ll go back again for sure next trip.

The parks were fabulous, we got to do everything we wanted to do and then some depsite never spending a whole day in them, we covered a lot. EP helped many days as I don`t really think there is such a thing as a quiet time anymore, maybe quieter but not quiet.

I think we`ve done the Holidays now, I can`t see us coming back at that time of year again, not that we didn`t enjoy it, but that was our fifth Christmas visit and I think that`s enough. It was boiling hot some days towards the end of our trip but we did have a few days we would have preferred it to be warmer, more like the September temps we love so much.

We have done Mardi Gras in the past a few times too, but those were enough for us so we have no plans to go back for that either, it was fun, but when you`ve seen it once or twice, that`s plenty, I think our last time there we were rather bored by it and opted to miss the parade more often than not.

Which leaves us with August/Sept/Oct, those months and May are our favourite times to go, this May we have a lot going on, all good things, but it means we`re missing that trip this year, so late August into September is our next trip this year, but at the risk of sounding like we`re completely bored with everything Universal has to offer which we`re not, we`re just being realistic.

Since 2007 we have enjoyed the jewel in their crown for paid for events, HHN. And we have loved it over those years, but....there`s always a but isn`t there, last few years have showed us we are done with going to that event too.

2022 we were shocked at the crowds, genuinely shocked at how busy it was and I have never been so nervous in crowds as I was that visit. They are letting too many people in while seemingly cutting back on so many things that once made HHN the wonderful event it used to be. We were also surprised when some SA we have known for years all told us they weren`t coming back for the next year.

One of their complaints was they can`t do their job properly as there was no room to scare people the way they have done for years and in surveys folks were complaining the scares weren`t the same as they used to be, everyone loses. So we will be there during HHN but have no intentions of going this year and I don`t think we`ll miss it as many folks we know well have been saying the same thing and last year was just as bad as 2022. They have just been cutting back on too many things and it`s very obvious to those of us who have been going forever.

But, we do plan to go to Howl o Scream for one night so we`ll get our scare quota in doing that event.

Overall we had a spendid trip, we enjoyed some lovely food and drink in many places, we enjoyed the parks and we enjoyed our offsite time too, something I think we`ll do a lot more of next trip as we do enjoy driving around Florida.

I think it`s definitely time to finish this trip report off, it seems a lifetime ago since I started it and it`s now April, far too long really.

So, with that, thank you so much for coming along this long trip report and staying with it. Your comments are all very much appreciated and it`s nice not to be talking to myself, although I am good at that too apparently!!!

But it has been lovely chatting along the way with all of you.....💜

Till next time.......

i-Xh8mLRR-S.gif

Thank you Carole. Again I loved your trip reports and pictures. I also love your positive attitudes you and Tom always have. You both love life and it shows! I love that you go off property to where the locals go. Thank you again , I will be waiting for the next trip report.
Kim

After we finished and paid, we visited the bathroom and then headed down to go through security, with Global Entry we automatically have TSA Precheck and although the general lines weren`t too bad we were glad of going through with not a single person in front of us and we had a very friendly officer tonight who chatted briefly as we walked through. It is nice when they can do that, I understand their job is not always conducive to making light conversations, but we enjoy it when they can show their more human side.

We don`t have to take shoes and belts off nor do we have to bring out all electronics and into another tray which is just easier and less stressful as we go through, the general line can be like a rugby scrum at times so this is nicer and I don`t get a secondary check as I go through the scanner this time, neither does Tom but he very rarely does anyway.

The little mini monorail is pulling in as we walk down, it`s just not the same going this way and we feel a little glum!!

Once through the other side we head into Duty Free and purchase 2 bottles of my favourite gin, they don`t always have it, but they did today so we got it and as always, we pick it up before we get on the plane. We have a wander round and pick up some water for the flight and a snack for breakfast in case the offering is dreadful. Even if the food is decent going home, the breakfast is usually inedible, so a couple of muffins would be ideal.

Then we wait. The seats at the airport could not be more uncomfortable if they tried, but we have some time to wait as is usual, it normally passes fairly quickly with lots going on, people watching is one of our things to do here, like everyone else.

Our flight was due to take off at 10pm, but they announced a slight delay which wasn`t too bad at all.

Virgin in the last year have started doing boarding groups which works well, although there are still the odd ones who try and blag their way on first. Like other airlines, they load people who need assistance, then Upper, Premium and then economy. They tell everyone to remain seated till their group is called.....again, there are always the ones who insist on gathering where folks will go through before them. Ground crew are very good at reminding them to move back.

We really do enjoy flying VA, they have never let us down and CC are always exceptional. Some don`t like them which is fair enough, we all have our preferences, but they were brilliant throughout Covid and made it really easy for us to defer flights each time one set were cancelled, so we`ll stick with them for as long as we can. We like direct flights too which is what they offer to us, so yes, we like them a lot.

We are the second group to board and go forward where despite the facial recognition machines being there, we still need our passports tonight, no issue but they brought those machines in to avoid passport checks.

Tom stops on the way to the plane at the lady who has the duty free, shows her his receipt and picks up our gin, we do hope the bottles we have carefully wrapped and double wrapped survives the journey, they usually do but we never know.

I pop my hand luggage and Tom`s up in the overhead storage, then he pops the gin in fairly securely and that one is now full. A man comes in and immediately tries to reorganise our stuff......there really is no room for any more as the lady to the side of us had popped a small bag in there too, and we ask him not to try and squeeze something in where there is no room....cheeky beggar! He had already filled the overhead above him and thought he would move our stuff around, one of the cabin crew asked him to put it under the seat in front of him which he was not happy about, she then offered to take it and store it which he objected to as well, she reminded him there are size limits for a reason, good for her. There`s always one.

We settled down and got our glass of fizzy to begin the journey home with....I wondered why I had taken this myself, but Tom was chatting to the woman beside us who was bemoaning about the rude man with the luggage, she was very vocal too....lol

i-6ZLRHTR-X2.jpg

We love these seats, the back row of Premium seats are ideal as they have a lot of recline and you have no one behind you, we don`t always manage to get them but it`s nice when we do. Regular Premium seats are all decent with plenty of legroom and decent sized screens for movie watching and plenty of butt room for those of us with more than ample ones, much better than the seats we had coming out!!

We pull back from the gate very soon tonight and we took off around 10.25pm which isn`t too bad and tonight we took a slightly different flight path and I looked out and could see the Orlando Eye out the window a few moments after take off, but swiftly we turned and headed back up the seaboard which is more our usual direction if we don`t head straight across the Atlantic.

Levelling off we have complete darkness out the window before too long and we see the flight path is going to take us up the Eastern Seaboard, so we`ll be seeing darkness for most of the flight as we are on the right side of the plane.

Cabin Crew come round with their first drinks service, I take a red wine and Tom goes for their beer and we are offered the menu with their offerings for this flight. We had the email a week ago and had already chosen our dishes so no surprises there and it is nice pre-ordering, it makes certain we don`t end up with the vegetarian option.

I had started watching one of the hundreds of movies on offer, I picked the new Indiana Jones one despite the bad reviews, Tom was already plugged into some sci fi movie of which there seemed to be loads to pick from....I can`t wait till we get a load of good movies to watch again on flights.

I don`t think I`ll ever get used to seeing wine in a can, but it`s drinkable.

i-wkrJJL2-X2.jpg

i-n4RBSKc-X2.jpg

i-kjBV4zM-X2.jpg

i-vkGmHbH-X2.jpg

i-xmsxNxj-X2.jpg

i-kVJNtj7-X2.jpg

I tend to flick between the movie and the skymap, I always enjoy seeing exactly where we are and how long we have to go till we land.

i-d5KqBsD-X2.jpg

i-jB5hpPf-X2.jpg

About now they began serving food which was surprisingly edible, so although we weren`t overly hungry we picked at the best of the dishes although not overly fussed on the little salad appetiser. We both asked for red wine with the meal too which again, despite being in a can is alright.

i-h4K7sng-X2.jpg

It`s hard to tell from the picture but Tom had ordered the teriyaki chicken and it was very nice indeed.

i-GjSkQwt-X2.jpg

I had the pulled pork which came with mashed potato and again, it was very nice and I completely ignored the vile green beans in the dish, Tom laughs as he loves them, but never gets them as I won`t cook them for him.....he`s so deprived!!!

i-vxPkS47-X2.jpg

We did enjoy the little cheese plate on offer tonight, I got Tom`s Brie and he got the dried apricots...yep, I don`t really like them so not a bad switch, but the cheese was nice with the crackers.

i-rHvW8cq-X2.jpg

Everything was nice, the dessert was especially tasty too and we both ate what we felt like before they came round with another drinks service, if anything I can guess we would sleep well once the lights went down.

Once everything was cleared away we visited the bathroom and planned to settle down for hopefully a couple of hours sleep. There was one woman coughing and I think we all knew she was coughing for the entire flight, can`t be helped and we did feel sorry for her as we`d all hate to be the one disturbing everyone else.

i-THjFDS3-X2.jpg

i-d5KqBsD-X2.jpg

It was just before NY they turned the cabin lights down and everything did go fairly quiet, except for the coughing lady who did try her best to stop, but I fully reclined the seat, pulled the blanket over me, neck pillow under the chin, eye mask on and headphones on listening to Whitney Houston songs, I think Tom was already asleep at this point.

I slept till around being level with Iceland, opened the blinds slightly and managed to see some of the sunrise, but as sleeping beauty was still out for the count I pulled the blind back down and snoozed a little more.

i-zrPRsPz-X2.jpg

i-bjx2n47-X2.jpg

i-tM8nbjN-X2.jpg

i-Hr5pqqR-X2.jpg

I took my time waking up and once Tom was awake I went to the bathroom before breakfast arrived and I was ready for a cuppa. Not the best cuppa but very welcome after a few hours sleep and it is in a real cup which is nice.

i-J7LHnMG-X2.jpg

I have to admit, I wasn`t expecting much from the breakfast especially from the egg which sounded as if it would be completely dreadful, but to be fair, it was all very nice, including the alarmingly out of proportion sausage that seemed to overpower the rest of the dish and we both did enjoy this for a change to the usual dreadful oatmeal or some hard bagel we had been offered in the past.

i-5jkLV5m-X2.jpg

We did both try the yoghurt which won the award for the worst tasting yoghurt we had both ever tried!

i-cjmfvKW-X2.jpg

The last hour always seems to drag a little, now everyone just wants to be home, but soon we are descending into what seems to be the heaviest thickest cloud we have ever gone through, it was a little rough to say the least and we were all glad to land and as always it`s a good landing, but the weather looks dreadful out the window, yep we were back in the UK.

The pilot had made up 30 minutes so the flight took only 7hrs 30mins, and we were off quickly as Premium get off first due to where the doors are and we ambled the 53 mile walk back down to Passport control which is unmanned for the most part unless you have issues, but we got through in seconds and headed down to retrieve our luggage, I hoped it wouldn`t be too long as I was exhausted and Tom wasn`t looking too awake either.

This is a hit or miss with how long you wait for luggage, despite having priority on them sometimes you can still wait, but today the luck was with us and ours were all out fairly quickly and we headed out.

The car service was around 20 minutes away due to traffic delays for her, so we stopped in at Pret a Manger and had semi decent cup of tea. We did look at another place, but it was beside the door and wow the cold draught when it slid open would cut you in two, so we moved along a few places.

Our driver called us 10 minutes later to say she was there, so we walked outside and it was very cold which wasn`t very nice only having a hoodie on, but where the pick up point is was only a few moments walk, we got in the car which was lovely and warm and we set off the drive home. I think I was asleep before we even left the airport this morning and woke up about 20 minutes from home, I did open my eyes a few times along the way but went back over, Tom said he didn`t open his eyes once.

Once home as we had slept a fair bit, we put the kettle on, very important of course, first cup of good old real tea again, unpacked and got the laundry started, also very important, then both had the best of showers!! The weather was foul but the house was lovely and warm and we were also really glad we had got all the decorations and trees up before we left, it was very cosy indeed.

We ordered Chinese take out and by 10pm we were shattered so headed for bed, weirdly I think we both slept for about an hour then we were both wide awake! Jet lag is awful when it hits and this trip I think it took us almost a full week before we got back to normal. Thankfully being retired we don`t need to get back to work, we can sleep when we need to, but it`s worth it.

Another trip over and it was an absolute blast

And all our alcohol survived in both the suitcases and our overhead bins and everyone loves the size of the Tequila and Aviation Gin bottles!!!

i-NJ3F5ST-X2.jpg

There are so many highlights of this trip I can`t even begin to say how much we enjoyed everything and everyone we met up with.

The hotels and staff again were amazing, they look after everyone so well and we always feel very spoiled when we stay in either Royal or Sapphire. Everyone, from the moment you walk in look after you so well and they are just the nicest people, some, we are thrilled and delighted to call friends.

The lovely Marian and Andrea especially deserve our thanks, they spoil us with kindness throughout our trips and we are so thankful for them in our life, they are the nicest of ladies. And so many others who are incredibly special to us including Samuel, Tory, Raphael, Kelly, Aspen, Jen, Trish, Egle, Milton, Rob, Shellonda, Colby and many more I should name along with Mr Beiderman who is very special to us too, he is always so kind and takes great interest in his guests and staff alike. We very much enjoyed doing the volunteering with him early in the trip, such a lovely man.

Strong Water is probably our second home while we are here, we spend a lot of time in there with good reason, it`s prefect. Food, drink and service are simply the best, especially service, they are the nicest and kindest people you will ever meet and like all the folks we do know well, we adore them all. Fernando, Maggie, Demi, Lenny, Chef Carlos and so many others all add to make our times there very special indeed.

We enjoy everything they have to offer and we did live up to our trip report title.......🍹

i-c45QzdM-M.jpg

We met up with some lovely folks, our friends mr and mrs keishashadow who we always enjoy seeing on as many trips as we can, we always have such a lovely time with them and this trip included a very nice evening with them.

Spending time with our lovely friend Raymond is always a highlight, he may not work for Loews any longer but keeping in touch with him and meeting up is always amazing, one of my favourite people in the whole world.

The lovely Ruth (disneyseniors) and her daughter was also a lovely evening together, we had been chatting for a long time by email so it was splendid to finally meet up and we got on like a house on fire and chatted the night away, both her and her daughter are lovely and very alike!!!

Meeting up with a lovely family we had heard so much about over the years. They are also long term guests, they`ve been staying at RP since it opened and like us they stay often and we had been told we would absolutely love them if we ever got to meet then. We were looking forward to our trips crossing over this time and finally got to meet the famous JP family and again, we got on really well and were so glad to finally meet them. And we keep in touch which is always nice.

Our friends D&J, we had a short meet this time due to timings, but we`ll rectify that next trip. We were very lucky when we met D way back, we have become very good friends and always look forward to the next trip we can meet up and as D travels down regularly she can make it whenever we are there.

Finally catching up with S & C (saskdw) for a chat, it was so lovely meeting up with him and his wife at last, we had a nice time chatting and wished it could have been longer, but we do now know each other which is nice too.

Some other folks we met very briefly in the Club Lounge were Llama Mama, Laura and Bill who were so lovely, I wish they had been staying longer as they were a lot of fun.

The Club Lounge is a wonderful place to spend some time, people tend to chat and pass the time with one another and the staff look after everyone amazingly well.

We enjoyed several things offsite including the amazing Hamburger Mary`s, maybe not for everyone but it`s right up our street and we`ll go back again for sure next trip.

The parks were fabulous, we got to do everything we wanted to do and then some depsite never spending a whole day in them, we covered a lot. EP helped many days as I don`t really think there is such a thing as a quiet time anymore, maybe quieter but not quiet.

I think we`ve done the Holidays now, I can`t see us coming back at that time of year again, not that we didn`t enjoy it, but that was our fifth Christmas visit and I think that`s enough. It was boiling hot some days towards the end of our trip but we did have a few days we would have preferred it to be warmer, more like the September temps we love so much.

We have done Mardi Gras in the past a few times too, but those were enough for us so we have no plans to go back for that either, it was fun, but when you`ve seen it once or twice, that`s plenty, I think our last time there we were rather bored by it and opted to miss the parade more often than not.

Which leaves us with August/Sept/Oct, those months and May are our favourite times to go, this May we have a lot going on, all good things, but it means we`re missing that trip this year, so late August into September is our next trip this year, but at the risk of sounding like we`re completely bored with everything Universal has to offer which we`re not, we`re just being realistic.

Since 2007 we have enjoyed the jewel in their crown for paid for events, HHN. And we have loved it over those years, but....there`s always a but isn`t there, last few years have showed us we are done with going to that event too.

2022 we were shocked at the crowds, genuinely shocked at how busy it was and I have never been so nervous in crowds as I was that visit. They are letting too many people in while seemingly cutting back on so many things that once made HHN the wonderful event it used to be. We were also surprised when some SA we have known for years all told us they weren`t coming back for the next year.

One of their complaints was they can`t do their job properly as there was no room to scare people the way they have done for years and in surveys folks were complaining the scares weren`t the same as they used to be, everyone loses. So we will be there during HHN but have no intentions of going this year and I don`t think we`ll miss it as many folks we know well have been saying the same thing and last year was just as bad as 2022. They have just been cutting back on too many things and it`s very obvious to those of us who have been going forever.

But, we do plan to go to Howl o Scream for one night so we`ll get our scare quota in doing that event.

Overall we had a spendid trip, we enjoyed some lovely food and drink in many places, we enjoyed the parks and we enjoyed our offsite time too, something I think we`ll do a lot more of next trip as we do enjoy driving around Florida.

I think it`s definitely time to finish this trip report off, it seems a lifetime ago since I started it and it`s now April, far too long really.

So, with that, thank you so much for coming along this long trip report and staying with it. Your comments are all very much appreciated and it`s nice not to be talking to myself, although I am good at that too apparently!!!

But it has been lovely chatting along the way with all of you.....💜

Till next time.......

i-Xh8mLRR-S.gif
And thank you Carole for taking us along on another great adventure/trip report! Such a wonderful read. 😀
Happy Easter 🐣
Brenda

It's so sad to see it's over, but instead of being sad, I'm going to adjust to being happy we were able to experience it with you! :hug:

Your trip home seems like other than "Mr. My Luggage is More Important Than Yours," it was a good experience.
I know you were so happy to have those showers and relax. It just feels good to be home and done traveling. And then you had the holidays to look forward to, so the best of both worlds for sure.

I can see where you would be done with various events. We've done Christmas twice and not done Mardi Gras yet. I think we'll do Christmas this year and Mardi Gras 2025, of course, subject to what else comes up :D

I admit I am really enjoying all the reveals for the new lands at Epic, and I'm already looking forward to experiencing most of it. I have never seen any of the "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise, but I'm happy to check one out before we can go. We did that with Transformers, and seeing one was plenty to get the ride 😉

But back to your amazing TR -- Thanks So Much for bringing us along on your travels! It has been a blast, and I love seeing all the gorgeous Christmas decor 🎄🎅🤶

You are the Trip Report Writer Extraordinaire, and we are so lucky to enjoy all the details of your fabulous adventures! :thanks:

Thank you Carole. Again I loved your trip reports and pictures. I also love your positive attitudes you and Tom always have. You both love life and it shows! I love that you go off property to where the locals go. Thank you again , I will be waiting for the next trip report.
Kim

Thank you so much!!

Your comments are very much appreciated and yes, we do love everything about our trips and I`m so lucky to have my "photographer" taking such good pictures for me, he is a gem!!!

Again, thank you, I`m so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time to post about the TR too.....:wave2:

It's so sad to see it's over, but instead of being sad, I'm going to adjust to being happy we were able to experience it with you! :hug:

Your trip home seems like other than "Mr. My Luggage is More Important Than Yours," it was a good experience.
I know you were so happy to have those showers and relax. It just feels good to be home and done traveling. And then you had the holidays to look forward to, so the best of both worlds for sure.

I can see where you would be done with various events. We've done Christmas twice and not done Mardi Gras yet. I think we'll do Christmas this year and Mardi Gras 2025, of course, subject to what else comes up :D

I admit I am really enjoying all the reveals for the new lands at Epic, and I'm already looking forward to experiencing most of it. I have never seen any of the "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise, but I'm happy to check one out before we can go. We did that with Transformers, and seeing one was plenty to get the ride 😉

But back to your amazing TR -- Thanks So Much for bringing us along on your travels! It has been a blast, and I love seeing all the gorgeous Christmas decor 🎄🎅🤶

You are the Trip Report Writer Extraordinaire, and we are so lucky to enjoy all the details of your fabulous adventures! :thanks:

You have me blushing Maria lol.....thank you, you`re so sweet 🥰

I know nothing about the how to train your dragon movies and I doubt we`ll watch them to be honest, so I`m sure we`ll still enjoy it with knowing nothing, I always tell folks they can enjoy Potter while knowing nothing but knowing a little helps....hmm. Maybe we do need to at least know the premise. But, we are excited to see everything the new park has to offer, it looks incredible!!!

Yes coming home was lovely especially with the house and outdoors already being decorated for Christmas, that was a good decision getting all the trees and decor up before we left. That jetlag really kicked our butts this time!!

I would always recommend visiting for MG at least once to see if you like it and you will, it`s a lot of fun.....for us our two, two week trips there were enough for us. I do hope you enjoy it when you do go.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments now and along the way, I always love to hear you enjoyed reading....:wave2:

Carole, thank you for another wonderful trip report:)
Our trip was made more special because we got to spend some time with you and Tom. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with you guys. The night just flew by:)
I'm glad you had a decent flight back home, and can't wait for your next trip report.

Good to see you back BH!! Wondered if you were busy with the new job.

Sounds good, and you sing too!!! Very talented, but sounds like a fun experience, hope it goes well when it does open.

Glad you got caught up though, yes that chowder was beautiful I`d go to MCO for that alone. Yes the holidays are lovely but I think after 5 visits we`ve done all we can there, we much prefer guaranteed warmer temps.

I`m always sad to finish a report, well, I`m almost done.....but glad you enjoyed it and a very Happy Easter to you too.....see you soon hopefully and good luck with the show :)
Thank you!

Yes the new job has taken up a lot of time but its going good!

The show goes up next week thank every deity because we still have a lot to fix.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Im sad this trip report is over, but do let us know about the next one!

Until next time-BH5

A man comes in and immediately tries to reorganise our stuff......there really is no room for any more as the lady to the side of us had popped a small bag in there too, and we ask him not to try and squeeze something in where there is no room....cheeky beggar!
It’s universal, who knew? Lol
Jet lag is awful when it hits and this trip I think it took us almost a full week before we got back to normal. Thankfully being retired we don`t need to get back to work, we can sleep when we need to, but it`s worth it.
No idea how you manage to do it so well.

Carole - thank you for yet another entertaining TR! We are always happy when you make the effort to spend time with us, knowing you have a very full schedule on your trips.

Loews should bottle you up :) as I can’t think of a better goodwill ambassador for them. You always manage to post something that makes me rethink the parks, whether it’s a picture of something new (or a forgotten feature) or just one of your on-point observations…how long do we have to wait for the next edition?

Carole, thank you for another wonderful trip report:)
Our trip was made more special because we got to spend some time with you and Tom. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with you guys. The night just flew by:)
I'm glad you had a decent flight back home, and can't wait for your next trip report.

Aw thank you Ruth. We had a really lovely evening with you and your daughter and being able to meet up with friends is always a bonus!

I`m so glad you enjoyed the TR and so nice for us that you were part of it this time too.

Thank you again for all your lovely comments along the way :wave2:

Thank you!

Yes the new job has taken up a lot of time but its going good!

The show goes up next week thank every deity because we still have a lot to fix.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Im sad this trip report is over, but do let us know about the next one!

Until next time-BH5

After covid shutdowns I`m sure you`re just happy to be working and busy too, always a good thing.

Thank you, I`m glad you enjoyed it and it was nice having you reading and commenting along the way, and good luck with the show, hope it`s a huge success :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter