Here now new lounge chair policy

200_s.gif

I like to be up early and just sit and enjoy the quiet .... Will you be allowed do that?

I believe the rule is regarding the people who leave items unattended on chairs before 8am. Seriously as early as 6:30! It was resulting in people needing to get up early on vacation just to get a seat for the day. I'm so glad to hear they are implementing this rule.

I think if you're actually using the chairs they won't ask you to leave. :)

It would also go a long way to put up some lockers that you can use your room key to open so people who don't need chairs have a place to leave their stuff. My family of four rarely uses chairs except for one to keep our stuff on. Lockers would eliminate that!

It would also go a long way to put up some lockers that you can use your room key to open so people who don't need chairs have a place to leave their stuff. My family of four rarely uses chairs except for one to keep our stuff on. Lockers would eliminate that!

My husband and I were just talking about this last night. We go on our first trip in July, but were saying it would be nice to have each room assigned a locker that their room key will open. Great idea!!

Last edited:

We go on May 20 for the fourth time. I was always the one up about 7 to get chairs. I will probably still go early,get coffee and sit down in a chair until I can reserve the four we will need all day in the spot that we like. I like the change and I do hope they patrol it. But I also hope this doesn't mean there will be a stampede at 8 am. Those chairs in the fromt, which we never like, are prime for some people and those tended to be the ones grabbed up first.

I have a question - does everyone try to get a chair for each member of their party or just one or two? I didn't want to be a chair hog esp since there are only 2 adults and 2 kids in our party and thought we would only need 1 or 2 chairs. I've been to resorts where guests lay something on 4-5 chairs to hold the chairs but hardly ever use all of them (especially when they have kids who can share with the adults).

We always only got 2 seats for the 4 of us as the kids rarely stayed at the chairs. I am sure that many families get one per person though.

So let me ask this, I understand the new rule includes removing things at the 1/2 hour mark...if I'm in the pool or lazy river, should I expect my stuff to be gone if I'm not back to my chair in that 30 min?

I had the same exact thought after our visit in April! We rarely sit down but need a spot for shoes, lotion, etc. If they had lockers I am certain the chair policy would be alleviated. They could put them at the ground floor of the towers. It really seems like an easy solution.

So let me ask this, I understand the new rule includes removing things at the 1/2 hour mark...if I'm in the pool or lazy river, should I expect my stuff to be gone if I'm not back to my chair in that 30 min?

I would love to know this too!

I have a question - does everyone try to get a chair for each member of their party or just one or two? I didn't want to be a chair hog esp since there are only 2 adults and 2 kids in our party and thought we would only need 1 or 2 chairs. I've been to resorts where guests lay something on 4-5 chairs to hold the chairs but hardly ever use all of them (especially when they have kids who can share with the adults).

We always only got 2 seats for the 4 of us as the kids rarely stayed at the chairs. I am sure that many families get one per person though.

We are a family of 5 and get 2 chairs. I've never tried to get more than 2 chairs. My girls are younger though. 9,8,4 years old. Maybe family with older kids get more chairs??

We are a family of 4 and also just get 2. DD 14 just started hanging in the chair more often than the pool. Even so we only had everyone there at the same time to eat

Lockers are a most excellent idea!

Yeah same as the old hour mark, it'll be at the towel station for you.

We are a family of 5 and get 2 chairs. I've never tried to get more than 2 chairs. My girls are younger though. 9,8,4 years old. Maybe family with older kids get more chairs??
It seems to be a known fact that people are spending money for this vacation and if there are 5 people in their party then they want 5 lounges. Seriously? I have a family of 4 and we get two lounges for us parents. Kids rarely wanted to be there. And don't get me started on leaving towels when they are done for the day. Don't you know that they are spending money for this vacation and do you really expect them to clean up and remove towels? That is crazy talk. They must figure there are attendants that are PAID to do this. Hah! But when the shoe is on the other foot, well then they complain that the attendants don't clean up fast enough. Been there done that. Seriously, the last time we were at Aulani, we tried to get down early to get lounges, but didn't worry about it too much. The attendants were happy to help you locate some. Be nice to them. You'll see them every day of your vacation. We ended up in front of Ama Ama, by the firepit, by an entrance to the lazy river and one time to the left of the Menehune Bridge. All were nice. We actually ended up oceanside one monrning by luck. Couldn't get one with an umbrella though. Next time we do plan on getting a cabana toward the end of the trip. BTW the casabellas on the beach were nice. We did that one day.

We are flying to Aulani tomorrow (5/7) and will be interested to see if the new policy has an impact. Overall, I'm not sure it matters a lot if somebody "reserves" a bunch of chairs at 8:05 instead of 5:00 am.

We are flying to Aulani tomorrow (5/7) and will be interested to see if the new policy has an impact. Overall, I'm not sure it matters a lot if somebody "reserves" a bunch of chairs at 8:05 instead of 5:00 am.

Safe and easy travels tomorrow. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter