• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So found these snaps from 2005 (Disney's 50th), I didn't take many pictures this trip (our honeymoon) we were only at DLR for 3 days on the way home from Greece. I know we were there on 10/31 but cannot remember if the park shut early for a party or not (I do remember this happening once on our first WDW trip for a Pirates and Princess Party). I didn't take many photos and most of them were really bad but from what I can tell there was no decorations on main street or pumpkins around the partners statue.

And from 2012:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos Mummabear, thank you for sharing those and the Pirates League pics too. I found some pretty nice Captain Jack Sparrow costumes here, its genuine Disney and comes pretty complete for $37, I gather that would be cheaper than buying from DL. I just hope I can convince my boy to go pirate, I think he'd be happier playing a Prince or Knight but those costumes are harder to find...

@Meemoo They do a knights package at BBB, it gives them hair gel and confetti I think plus a sword and shield. If he was happy to be Prince Philip I have seen some pretty cute looking Disney bounding tops created that even my meagre skills could manage (I can sew buttons on *self five*)

mummabear -- There were no Main Street decorations in 2005 -- not like what's there for Halloween Time now. As I detail in the MHP FAQ on page 1, the actual Halloween Time "season" -- as an official season -- did not begin until 2006.

The Halloween party returned (after a 9 year absence) in 2005, and the Halloween Time season was created the following year to give the party some context and bring in people to what would otherwise be an off-season time to visit Disneyland Resort, I suppose.

Haunted Mansion Holiday has been around since 2001, so there have always been decorations on the façade and around the queue, although they have changed a bit over the years.

In 2005, the party was called Mickey's Halloween Treat, and it was held in California Adventure -- not in Disneyland. Also, in 2005 there was apparently no party on Halloween night. The last party took place on 10/30/05.

Thank you Mummabear, I am not sure when he will decide what he wants to wear! I think we've been discussing this trip for so long now he probably feels like its so surreal and never going to happen :rotfl: I was in our local Target today and they had a bunch of Halloween costumes on clearance for only $5 each but they were either too scary or the wrong size! And I thought having a daughter would be hard, but she's like, oh I'll just wear my Mulan costume from last time :thumbsup2 super easy! Another one of our department stores recently opened a whole party section so I am going to check that out on the weekend and see what his thoughts are on various types of costumes. I'm finding with all the ladies costumes they all seem to be on the 'sexy' side and I don't do mini skirts and the like so! Goofy crossed my mind, to grab a Goofy hat when I am there and wear an orange shirt blue pants and vest.

These pictures are fantastic! We are going for my first Halloween time DL trip, and these photos just make it harder to wait for autumn to begin! Thank you!!

If you want to see photos, be sure to check out page 1 of this thread -- I have 3 whole posts full of photos in posts #13, 14 and 15 (the Carnival, the Halloween Tree, Dia de los Muertos, etc.), and in the Disneyland-specific information section (post #5 on page 1), I have links to posts with photos from Bret/mvf-m11c and figment_jii. In fact, I have a previous post of photos from mummabear linked in that section as well, but I'm betting she didn't see it!

If you want to see photos, be sure to check out page 1 of this thread -- I have 3 whole posts full of photos in posts #13, 14 and 15 (the Carnival, the Halloween Tree, Dia de los Muertos, etc.), and in the Disneyland-specific information section (post #5 on page 1), I have links to posts with photos from Bret/mvf-m11c and figment_jii. In fact, I have a previous post of photos from mummabear linked in that section as well, but I'm betting she didn't see it!

Thank you!
I will go there right now!

OK, the Halloween Tree is so cool! Is the plaque there all year? I have walked by or sat near there so many times this year alone and have never noticed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I haven't read the whole thread, but we are considering going to DL from Sunday the 18th-Sunday 25th of October- Sunday the 18th would be a travel day, Sunday the 25th the flight leaves LAX around 6pm. We would buy 5 day hoppers- so I've got it clear- on the nights that there is a halloween party (Mon, Wed, Fri?) , the park will close early for the party? CA would still be open correct?

Hi All,
I haven't read the whole thread, but we are considering going to DL from Sunday the 18th-Sunday 25th of October- Sunday the 18th would be a travel day, Sunday the 25th the flight leaves LAX around 6pm. We would buy 5 day hoppers- so I've got it clear- on the nights that there is a halloween party (Mon, Wed, Fri?) , the [DL] will close early for the party? CA would still be open correct?

That is typical.

Historically, Tuesdays and Fridays are party nights and Wednesdays have been added before. We are all waiting for some sort of confirmation for 2015.

Last edited:
Past schedules would imply not. But no one here knows. We all find out together in the next month or so.

I'm really hoping so since there was one on the Monday before Halloween last year! No matter what we will make it work, but that would be the ideal day for us!

I'm really hoping so since there was one on the Monday before Halloween last year! No matter what we will make it work, but that would be the ideal day for us!

I was not aware of that Monday...maybe they will. Like I said...no one knows (that can say). Myself, I'm hoping for Tuesday after Columbus Day.

Does anyone have an opinion of the likely hood of a party happening on Monday 10/26?
Last year, there were more Monday parties than Tuesday parties (according to the post on page 1). The schedule was either Tuesday-Friday, or Monday-Wednesday-Friday. So from that, chances look good.

However, Sherry posted a link a few posts back that had a rumor that they were going to add a significant number of more parties to the schedule this year. So what happens this year is anyone's guess - you'll probably just have to wait for the schedule.

Hopefully we both get the days we are hoping for! I hate the waiting game. I am very much a planner and this will be husband and sons first trip, which makes the waiting even harder!

Just found this awesome thread!

Fiancé and I are annual passholders and are planning a trip around Halloween this year. It'll be our first trip during Halloween time and we definitely want to do one MHP!

We will be there Sept 29 - Oct 3. Any thoughts on whether there will be a MHP on one of those nights?

yes there should be or two parties during thise nights. I'm almost done with my Electra Cats costume. I will be posting pictures today. I will hopefully be taking a photshoot n the costume on the 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter