Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

We drove to Austin, TX this weekend to visit our son. We passed 3 on the way there. We stopped at the one in Baytown, outside of Houston on the drive there. It's really big. We stopped at one in Waller, Tx on the way home. It was big, but not as big as Baytown. We make a point of stopping at one in Alabama when we go that way. The gas is prices well too.

Rumors are we may get one in Louisiana and one is being built in Mississippi.
Gonna go out on a limb and guess we’re probably not going to get one here.

:rolleyes:

My next Disney trip is approaching fast. We're 34 sleeps away.

This is a girls trip with my friend/co-worker that I went with in September. She has a time share at Bonnet Creek and has NEVER stayed in the bubble. We were both talking awhile back and agreed we NEEDED a trip for Flower and Garden. We both also agreed it needed to be a cost conscious trip too. We got Danielle to book us a room at Sports with her discount and staying in the room with us. She had limited options to use the full 50% off so Sports it is. I warned my friend this is the least expensive Disney resort but it has been recently updated and comes with the normal Disney resort benefits. She's just happy to finally stay on grounds. I can't wait to show her how much nicer it is to take Disney transportation to the Magic Kingdom and not have to park and take the monorail or boat.

We both booked flights on Southwest. My friend only works 3 days a week so she has Thursday and Fridays off most weeks and works from home. I work one week in the office and one week at home. We are encouraged to use the week we work from home for vacation time but if we're covered in the office we can use some time on our office week. I was trying to maximize using a weekend and my work from home week so we booked flights late Thursday night going down and then coming back on Tuesday late afternoon. I will be able to work on Thursday, take Friday off and be back Tuesday. When we come back I'll be working from home which will make it much easier to recuperate and do laundry. My friend will have the option to work her 3 days after we get back.

I'm just going to refer to my friend as R. She used Southwest points and I paid for my flight using some credits I had from previous savings. I was still out of pocket about $138 for the round trip. The round trip was right under $211. I have since saved so much that the round trip is right under $113. R has also recouped some of her points. It pays to keep checking your flights with Southwest.

We'll be arriving about midnight on Thursday night and I have secured transportation from the airport and back. I have booked with Danielle. I'm sure it will cost me some gas money.🤣

She got her vacation approval yesterday so she should be with us for the entire time. :banana::banana::banana:

Our current plans are to go to Epcot on Friday for Flower and Garden. I'm sure we won't make rope drop. No ADRs since we'll be getting all the food we can from the food booths. I'm hoping we run into @amazingact21 and her DH this day.

Saturday is Magic Kingdom day and another day with out ADRs. I want as much time as possible to play. We're all crossing our fingers that Tianna's has cast member previews when we come. We've been really lucky to get some on previous trips. We did Remy in 2021 and Moana last year.

Sunday is Studios day. We have an Oga's ADR and dinner at Mama Melrosa's. R likes Tony's but has never had Mama's. We just did Tony's in December and skipped Mama's last year so I'm ready for it again. This is another day we may cross paths with @amazingact21, but running races is her first priority. I'm hoping we get to squeeze some Dis time in.

Monday is AK and I just realized this week it's also going to be it's 26th anniversary and Earth Day. We just missed the 25th anniversary last year. I'm hoping for interesting snacks and rare characters. We have an ADR for Beaches and Cream and I'm playing with the idea of doing MK afterhours event.

Tuesday is the day we head home. 😭 We have a late breakfast at Kona's. Danielle and I have done Kona's for lunch (when Michelle got married), I've done Kona for dinner years ago but none of us have done breakfast. I'm really happy to get a new meal in that we've all never done. I would like to hit up MK afterwards but we will most likely go to Springs.

R and I are so much alike. We both end up trying to please the people we're with when we go to Disney so we're looking forward to keeping it simple and doing the things we don't normally get to do. I see a ride on Peter Pan in my future.

Staying on Disney property for the first time is something special. Like you said, that bus ride to the MK is such a game changer when you're used to traveling from the TTC! I stayed at Sports my first time, too, it's a nice place when you are going to be busy in the parks and just need a place to sleep and shower.

Had to laugh at the airport transportation. I'm the same way with my sister in-law, only it costs me a dinner. :laughing:

Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the F&G booths together that Friday.

Fingers crossed you get to ride Peter Pan on Saturday! There's so much to do in the MK, I don't blame you for skipping an ADR this day.

I forgot about Earth Day until you mentioned it. Awesome!

The last time I did a Kona breakfast was 2017, so it's been a longgg while, but I remember it being really good! The macadamia nut pancakes were delicious.

Personally, I think when everyone in the travel party is a "make everyone else happy" group, it allows for some really laid back, easy going trips. I hope this is the case here, and wow! April is sneaking up on us already! It'll be here so soon.

Loving all your plans for your upcoming trip. Delighted Danielle got her leave approved and will get to spend the whole trip with you. I’m excited for you😊

I’m here and excited to comment this time!

How nice that you were able to visit Danielle during the holiday season. My husband had several holidays alone during his residency and was not a fan - but sometimes it’s what you have to do.

I love the Dumbo ornament!

YAY for your upcoming trip! It will be here before you know it!

I have booked with Danielle. I'm sure it will cost me some gas money.🤣

:rotfl: That sounds perfect!

I love your plans for your trip! I think maximizing time at the food booths sounds like a great plan. I’ll cross my fingers that something fun comes up at AK and that you cross paths with Alicia.

You will LOVE breakfast at Kona! I’m actually quite sad we won’t be able to fit in a Kona breakfast on our trip - we’re doing ‘Ohana instead as M is VERY excited to meet Lilo and Stitch. I’ve been to Kona for breakfast three times and eaten something different each time. My favorite is the macadamia nut pancakes - highly recommended! I also always get both the liliko’i juice and the Kona pressed pot coffee. The coffee is DELICIOUS and worth the cost (especially if you can share!).

You realize you’re ruining your friend’s future trips after you introduce her to staying onsite, right? ;) I hope you have an amazing time and enjoy the time with Danielle. I’m thrilled her leave was approved!

One doesn’t really need an excuse, does one?

No one does not!

Staying on Disney property for the first time is something special. Like you said, that bus ride to the MK is such a game changer when you're used to traveling from the TTC! I stayed at Sports my first time, too, it's a nice place when you are going to be busy in the parks and just need a place to sleep and shower.

I'm sure we won't be in the room much at all. This will give her a taste of the on property benefits and if we stay in a Moderate or Deluxe in the future then her expectations can only go up.

Had to laugh at the airport transportation. I'm the same way with my sister in-law, only it costs me a dinner. :laughing:

I'm sure we'll be buying some meals too.

Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the F&G booths together that Friday.

We need to plan on this. I have an update to my park days and it looks like my Saturday and Sunday will be changing.

Fingers crossed you get to ride Peter Pan on Saturday! There's so much to do in the MK, I don't blame you for skipping an ADR this day.

Magic Kingdom is my favorite and there is too much to do.

I forgot about Earth Day until you mentioned it. Awesome!

I had totally forgot about it.

The last time I did a Kona breakfast was 2017, so it's been a longgg while, but I remember it being really good! The macadamia nut pancakes were delicious.

One vote for the macadamia Nut pancakes.

Personally, I think when everyone in the travel party is a "make everyone else happy" group, it allows for some really laid back, easy going trips. I hope this is the case here, and wow! April is sneaking up on us already! It'll be here so soon.

I like this plan too, but when you're a people pleaser it's too easy to do what someone else wants instead of sticking up for yourself when you need to.

Our trips are getting really close. How is training going?

Sounds like you have a great time planned!

Thank you! Just being there with Danielle will make it great.

Loving all your plans for your upcoming trip. Delighted Danielle got her leave approved and will get to spend the whole trip with you. I’m excited for you

I'm excited to spend some mother/daughter time. When she came here in February she spent a lot of time with Dennis and her friends so I'm looking forward to having time with her.

Great plans. I hope your trip goes great. I know you will love all the time with Danielle.

Being with Danielle is the best part.

I’m here and excited to comment this time!

:welcome:

I'm so happy you're jumping in!

How nice that you were able to visit Danielle during the holiday season. My husband had several holidays alone during his residency and was not a fan - but sometimes it’s what you have to do.

That is sad. Danielle has had to celebrate her birthdays and Thanksgiving with friends. I'm sure we'll eventually hit a Christmas we can't come too. She does go back and forth with staying there and moving back home.

:rotfl: That sounds perfect!

I thought about you and and lots of others that have to figure out transportation every trip. We're lucky for now and can get Danielle or one of her friends to pick us up. If we were to fly with Michelle and the kids that might be different since we'll need car seats. :eek:

I love your plans for your trip! I think maximizing time at the food booths sounds like a great plan. I’ll cross my fingers that something fun comes up at AK and that you cross paths with Alicia.

I'll be looking for Alicia and Alex. The more people buying food the more we get to all try.

You will LOVE breakfast at Kona! I’m actually quite sad we won’t be able to fit in a Kona breakfast on our trip - we’re doing ‘Ohana instead as M is VERY excited to meet Lilo and Stitch. I’ve been to Kona for breakfast three times and eaten something different each time. My favorite is the macadamia nut pancakes - highly recommended! I also always get both the liliko’i juice and the Kona pressed pot coffee. The coffee is DELICIOUS and worth the cost (especially if you can share!).

M is going to like the 'Ohana breakfast. We took JP to it on his first trip.

Another vote for the pancakes. I'm not a big coffee person, but I need some every morning. R needs her coffee too so I'm sure we can share some.

You realize you’re ruining your friend’s future trips after you introduce her to staying onsite, right? ;) I hope you have an amazing time and enjoy the time with Danielle. I’m thrilled her leave was approved!

She's going to love being on property. She just got her very first Magic Band. She's never going to see parking at the TTC in the same light again. I will say her timeshare has lots more room that any regular Disney resort room.

Spring Trip Changes-already

I can not believe I have already made 2 rookie mistakes.

First I didn't realize that we would be there for Earth Day and AK's birthday. I was lucky that I had already planned to be in AK that day.

I found out my second rookie mistake on Saturday Night. I did not realize that we would be there for Spring Dapper Days.

Dapper Days

How could I miss this? I had plans on going to a Dapper Day when we originally planned out Holiday 2021 trip. I had even put an outfit together. When we had to change our dates the outfit went back to back of the closet. I can finally take that outfit out and wear it. But can I make some changes to make this happen?

I talked to Danielle and she was just as excited as I was. She has never been to Dapper Days since she is usually working, now she has that weekend off. I don't want to do both days and I don't want to be in Epcot on a weekend during a festival. So, of course we need to do Magic Kingdom on Sunday. I'm sorry Alicia but we won't be in Studios on Sunday, we'll be there Saturday instead. We'll work extra hard to meet up on Friday at Epcot. I can't remember right now where you are on Saturday. I know we can't go to Epcot at all on Sunday since Danielle is blocked out.

R is good with switching up. She has never done any type of dressing up but is willing to try. I had no problem switching up our Mama's and Oga's ADR to Saturday.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all the outfits. I still can't believe we lucked into this without even planning.

32 more sleeps!

We have been for Earth Day and Dapper Days. We didn’t realize it was happening until we were in the park so just normal clothes for us.
It was really fun to see all the very dapper people! Some go all out!
I’m glad you have an outfit and will be joining in the fun!

You??? How is this possible?

I know!

Excellent! I have done that once. And it was so much fun. :)

Care to share any photos?

Sounds like great plans for your girls trip!

Thank you!

Dapper Days will be so fun!

I hope so. I'm looking forward to seeing all the outfits.

We have been for Earth Day and Dapper Days. We didn’t realize it was happening until we were in the park so just normal clothes for us.

Good to know I'm not the only one who misses such excitement.

It was really fun to see all the very dapper people! Some go all out!
I’m glad you have an outfit and will be joining in the fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the outfits. I would have been real upset to get there and realize I had missed out on finally using my outfit. It' a little to dressy for everyday park touring.

I can't remember right now where you are on Saturday.

We'll probably be in DHS on Saturday, as well. This is the park Alex wants to spend the most time in.
I think I might try and convince him to hop over to DAK on Monday, too, for Earth Day.

I had no problem switching up our Mama's and Oga's ADR to Saturday.

That's awesome that you were able to switch both ADRs so close to the trip. It was meant to be!

I'm so looking forward to seeing all the outfits. I still can't believe we lucked into this without even planning.

My SIL was in the parks on the last Dapper Day and she had so much fun seeing all the outfits. Some people went all out.

Looking forward to seeing your outfits and hearing about how fun it is to be in the MK on that day

We'll probably be in DHS on Saturday, as well. This is the park Alex wants to spend the most time in.

I went back and looked over your post on your upcoming trip after I posted this. I'm so happy you'll be there too. I still have an ADR for 6 guests at Olg's.

I think I might try and convince him to hop over to DAK on Monday, too, for Earth Day.

You need to do this. Surely he can't say no to Earth Day.

That's awesome that you were able to switch both ADRs so close to the trip. It was meant to be!

I was surprised. I hope it means it won't be too busy that day. When I was making my park plans, I asked Danielle was the least crowded day at Studios and she said Tuesday. Well, that wasn't going to work, but she did say Sunday is the second least crowded day.

My SIL was in the parks on the last Dapper Day and she had so much fun seeing all the outfits. Some people went all out.

I can't wait to see all the outfits!

Looking forward to seeing your outfits and hearing about how fun it is to be in the MK on that day

Mine will be plain compared to some but I'm comfortable in it. I was thinking of getting fancy shoes, but I think I'll stick with my comfy shoes. Too much walking for fancy.

Earth Day in AK and Dapper Day will be wonderful additions to your trip! How fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter