Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it say in your MDE?? Does it say Free Dining Plan?

It says MYW Pkg+Dining in MDE.

I know I priced out room discount vs free dining and it is almost spot on what FD would be (about a $6 difference which is probably me figuring tax too high by rounding up).

Wow. Just checking whats available for my dates and now CBR and CSR have nothing. I know the site can be "Glitchy" but I have been tracking this for weeks and it hasn't changed. Guess people assume Disney is going to be so kind as to extend the offer to them even though the resort is already booked solid. Hope they are right.

I know what you mean! Lou when do you plan on going?

I have seen lots of comments where people state they they are lucky they have their room choice and they will just "add" free dining. It might be slim pickings this year.

I currently have a RO reservation. Should I go ahead and order my passes before the FD is announced? Might be one less step I have to worry about when modifying?

If it goes live at midnight…is this for online booking only? The phone lines aren't open then right?

Wow. Just checking whats available for my dates and now CBR and CSR have nothing. I know the site can be "Glitchy" but I have been tracking this for weeks and it hasn't changed. Guess people assume Disney is going to be so kind as to extend the offer to them even though the resort is already booked solid. Hope they are right.

...or it could be that the rooms have been taken out of inventory for FD. Fingers crossed.

I currently have a RO reservation. Should I go ahead and order my passes before the FD is announced? Might be one less step I have to worry about when modifying?

If you order passes separately they won't count towards the tickets for FD. You need to cancel and rebook a package.

:dogdance:I have confirmation! An amazing rep just let it slip on the phone.. I called in to proactively to add Park Hopper to my base tickets and told her just in case it is required for FD.. The rep let a bunch of information fly....

"You are also able to add Water Parks if you would like to take advantage of the Free Dining offer this year"

She caught herself and then for the rest of our call used the phrase "historically" I'll bold what the rep said to me

She Stated "Historically if you have a modify button then midnight of the day a new discount is released you can do it online. I'm going to be looking at mine in about an hour"

"For your dates I am comfortable switching you to the POR and you will be able to take advantage of the FD offer"

I'm going 9/9 - 9/14

I asked if my current 4 day ticket with added PH would be enough for free dining because there was a rumor about a minimum of 6 nights and she laughed and stated

"That would be a little excessive and you can rest assured that your current ticket will allow you to take advantage of the offer... Historically it has been 3 nights"

She was obviously using the word "historically" as a wink wink

If you have a modify button I'd check my res in about an hour, if you don't Id be prepared to call bright and early. I normally don't say things are definite, but she gave me every hint she could without saying "Yes i'ts here and call tomorrow"

I know what you mean! Lou when do you plan on going?

I have seen lots of comments where people state they they are lucky they have their room choice and they will just "add" free dining. It might be slim pickings this year.
Planning on 10/29 to 11/10. If all else fails I'm just booking AKL and just paying for the dining plan, and take advantage of the RO discount if it's available

This post will probably get lost quickly, but I just want to remind everyone that you MUST do the math once the room discounts are released. Take free dining now if it works for you, but if any other discount comes out, make absolutely certain you have the best deal, especially if park hoppers are not your thing. Free dining is a GREAT thing, but it is not always the best deal. It depends on your resort level, your party size, their ages, how you like to eat, and now it looks like it also depends on how you like to tour. Run the numbers when everything is out there to make sure you're comfortable with what you have booked. :)

I have never booked online. I need 2 rooms. It that gonna be an easy thing to do?

I just spent my entire weekend planning and pricing my current POR reservation for Aug 13-25 to relocate my family to a Cabin instead of cramming into a small room. Free dining would have made this a reality... I shouldn't have put so much faith in a rumor!

I can't be the only one with a notebook next to me with the order of our choices 1-6. Hoping I don't have to go all the way to number 6 (which is moving up to a deluxe). We're going no matter what, but FD is the best deal for our family and the way we like to do Disney (and we already were staying 7 nights and getting Park Hoppers). But, there are 5 of us, so our choices are pretty limited. I too feel like I'm 7 and it's Christmas Eve!

The lead person on the new bounce back reservation must be on the current reservation. So, if both you and your hubby were on the trip together this year, one of you could book a bounce back under your name with new guests on the new reservation WITH you. Or, you could each book a bounce back room. You cannot book a bounce back for someone who is not currently in the room though. So, sadly, the answer is no.

That's not sad, that just means my husband and I will have to take a special trip with our youngest child, I can't see how that would be a bad thing. Especially since it would only make sense that I need to go to Disney again and I am the best at organizing us, plus my husband hates long drive sad I don't mind. See it will be awesome ;)

We are staying at POR sept 26-October 2. We currently have the DDP. And we have made all of our ADRs. So, if we call and get the FDP do we
A.) loose our ADRs?
B.) pay the upgraded difference so we can keep the DDP?
C.) would we save even more $ if we wait for any 30% Room discount instead?
There are 2 adults and 1 child in a royal room

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter