Floats in the pool?

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
Did I read that pool floats are prohibited?
I have one that I bring on vacation that is like a "Hammock" or sort of a chair. It has two inflatable tubes, about 24" long, strung together with a mesh. I am trying to add a pic here, so we'll see if this works!

Anyway, I would love to just sit in this in a quiet pool during our mid day break. Is it allowed? It isn't a toy. 1714668114441.png

1714668114441.png

Lifeguards generally seem to mostly be concerned with things that can interfere with their ability to see, and this might be too large. That being said, the quiet pools do not have lifeguards, so I think you will be fine.

It is not allowed. Quiet pools are not guarded all the time, however the guards do make rounds and check on the quiet pools. Be prepared for them to tell you to take it out of the water. I'm a rule follower, so I wouldn't bother bringing it. Most of the pools have signs about personal flotation devices not being allowed (yes, this tends to mean more life vests, but floats are included).

We've used one at the quiet pool at OKW and no-one stopped us. There was a staff member tidying up and we were ready to remove it but he didn't say anything. No one else was in the pool with us, or we would have removed it, or asked them if it was okay. I guess it's about respecting others if you're bending the rules a bit.

Last edited:
I have one that I bring on vacation that is like a "Hammock" or sort of a chair. It has two inflatable tubes, about 24" long, strung together with a mesh. I am trying to add a pic here, so we'll see if this works!

Anyway, I would love to just sit in this in a quiet pool during our mid day break. Is it allowed? It isn't a toy. View attachment 856466

View attachment 856466
Disney does not allow floats. Certain hotels on Disney property do, like Bonnet Creek.

Anyway, I would love to just sit in this in a quiet pool during our mid day break. Is it allowed? It isn't a toy.
As @Mle8308 and others have posted this type of flotation device is not allowed under the Posted Disney Pool Rules. Will you be told to remove it from a Quiet Pool? Unlikely that any staff CM will ask you to remove it but a lifeguard may depending on the number of guests in the pool.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter