Finally decide to join the fun

I was a lurker for a long time too. I still don't post or answer much, but really do enjoy these forums. Just wanted to let you know we traveled cross country for a few months with a dog, a cat, and a yellow nape amazon parrot. They got along fine in our permanent home (which was up north at that time), and they adjusted to the smaller quarters of our motorhome just a well. It can be fun traveling with the animal family. Looking forward to your trip report and pics.

I was a lurker for a long time too. I still don't post or answer much, but really do enjoy these forums. Just wanted to let you know we traveled cross country for a few months with a dog, a cat, and a yellow nape amazon parrot. They got along fine in our permanent home (which was up north at that time), and they adjusted to the smaller quarters of our motorhome just a well. It can be fun traveling with the animal family. Looking forward to your trip report and pics.
Thanks Nan. Ours get along great as well. The only problem is the parrot is a mimicker, so sometimes she'll repeat the noises she hears in the coach. We've spent hours looking for noises that don't exist. LOL

. . . I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago so I'm fully aware of crazy weather . . .

1) Ah, yes.
2) I, too, remember Chicago, and sloshing through the snow to the Equitable Building, were we had our headquarters.
3) Yes, memories, not just fond ones.
4) Today, it is 83º and Sunny at WDW.
5) NOW, I remember why I retired/moved to Florida!

1) Ah, yes.
2) I, too, remember Chicago, and sloshing through the snow to the Equitable Building, were we had our headquarters.
3) Yes, memories, not just fond ones.
4) Today, it is 83º and Sunny at WDW.
5) NOW, I remember why I retired/moved to Florida!
So you're saying you don't miss winters up here? You know we have a saying, if ya don't like the weather just wait a day.
-6 on Friday morning, 50 and sunny on Saturday. Just finishing out my time til I can retire down there with ya.

Welcome Tigger92662. Hope you enjoy our little community here. Feel free to jump in and ask questions or give advice if you have any. You can tell by my avatar that I like Tigger a little.

Welcome Tigger92662. Hope you enjoy our little community here. Feel free to jump in and ask questions or give advice if you have any. You can tell by my avatar that I like Tigger a little.
Thanks Flametamr. I've always enjoyed the community and I'm glad I finally stepped into it. Wait, that doesn't quite right. There has been many a trip report and photos that have helped us through when it's been tooooo long between trips. I see you're next trip is Halloween. We've been to MNSSHP twice, and for me, the Headless Horsemen is the BEST. My kids never stop talking about.

I'm glad I finally stepped into it. Wait, that doesn't quite right.
:-) I know what you mean. Good news is that there isn't much of it to step in on the Camping forum. Some of the other forums on DIS? Just make sure you have your boots on. :rotfl:

j

:-) I know what you mean. Good news is that there isn't much of it to step in on the Camping forum. Some of the other forums on DIS? Just make sure you have your boots on. :rotfl:

j
I know what you mean. I've looked at a couple others. I'll Stay right here with you guys thank you very much

:welcome: party:

You only have 5 more post to go. And I was a long time lurker as well. I think my first post was like 1.5 years after I joined. Trip reports are always fun for us lurkers to read. I'll be down there in just 2 days.

:dancer:

Well enjoy your trip down there, we left the warm weather behind for you.

Hey Joe, here is a cool picture I captured as the Headless Horseman was going by.

That's a great one! The 1st time we went, I had no idea. I couldn't get the camera to focus fast enough.

It was a lucky shot. My camera was a little slow so I just followed him until it flashed. You definately have to know he is coming and be ready. I don't think we'll attend the party this trip. We arrive late on Oct 30th and will be busy doing Fort stuff on Halloween. It's going to be a busy 10 days. Have to fit in the water parks and Universal this trip. Then hopefully Hollywood Studios at the end of the trip for the Osborne Lights.

Understood. Now that my kids are older, we'll be doing Universal this trip as well

So you're saying you don't miss winters up here? You know we have a saying, if ya don't like the weather just wait a day. -6 on Friday morning, 50 and sunny on Saturday. Just finishing out my time til I can retire down there with ya.

1) I understand.
2) At least down here, I don't have to worry about the -6 days.
3) As far as your own retirement, we will hold a space open for you.

20150307_203317_zpsvd8eokvh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Joe, howdy.

Easy to post pix from Photobucket. With this new forum software it looks like you have the option to upload a file but then it's a mini-shadow thumbnail which you have to click on to open in full view. I still prefer to see pix from hosting sites like photobucket.

Set up an account in photobucket and set up a folder/library for each wdw trip (at least that's what I do). Upload your pictures to that folder. Each picture has a set of links associated with it. You want the IMG link - copy and paste it AS IS into your DIS reply panel. It's that simple. We covered it last year here.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/help-with-photos-and-ticker.3260807/#post-51147594 see post #8

Bama Ed
I think I got this photo thing figured out.Thanks for your help Bama ED!
20150307_203317_zpsvd8eokvh.jpg

Apparently I need to figure out how to size the pics properly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter