• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

We will need to use Uber to switch hotels. It will be 2 adults with 2 large pieces of luggage, a small carry one, backpacks, and maybe a case of water. Will a regular Uber fit us or should I request something bigger? We are going from the Swan to the Beach Club. We don't want to use Disney to transfer our bags.

Thanks for answering many of my questions...I love Uber...use it every time we travel in major cities with ease. Planning a trip this summer and will need to travel between Caribbean Beach and Orange County Convention center. Can you give me approximate travel times (during peak traffic times and non traffic times) in order to plan rides?

Thanks so much!!

We will need to use Uber to switch hotels. It will be 2 adults with 2 large pieces of luggage, a small carry one, backpacks, and maybe a case of water. Will a regular Uber fit us or should I request something bigger? We are going from the Swan to the Beach Club. We don't want to use Disney to transfer our bags.
You could just walk it. It's very close and a very easy walk. We did it last Oct, on the day Matthew hit actually, going from Swan to Boardwalk.

Swan to the Boardwalk is a much shorter walk than Swan to the Beach Club. The part from the Dolphin to the Yacht Club is kind of a weird route where you have to walk along the Dolphin building rather than a more direct route. I wouldn't be able to walk it with the amount of luggage plus a case of water that PP mentioned. I would think Uber XL would be able to handle it, not sure about Uber X. I found this online, not from Uber:
  • UberX seats 4 passengers. It is the least expensive Uber service. Uber X cars are cars like the Toyota Prius, Honda Accord. Known as UberPop in Europe
  • UberXL seats 6 passengers. UberXL cars are SUVs and minivans. XL costs more than UberX
  • UberSelect is Uber’s entry-level luxury service that seats up to 4 riders. Select cars are brands like BMW, Mercededs, Audi, etc with a leather interior.
  • UberPOOL: Share your Uber with another Uber user and split the cost. Read more about POOL.
  • UberBLACK and UberSUV is Uber’s luxury service. Commercially registered and insured livery vehicles, typically a black SUV or luxury sedan. Black is the most expensive Uber service

Swan to the Boardwalk is a much shorter walk than Swan to the Beach Club. The part from the Dolphin to the Yacht Club is kind of a weird route where you have to walk along the Dolphin building rather than a more direct route. I wouldn't be able to walk it with the amount of luggage plus a case of water that PP mentioned. I would think Uber XL would be able to handle it, not sure about Uber X. I found this online, not from Uber:
  • UberX seats 4 passengers. It is the least expensive Uber service. Uber X cars are cars like the Toyota Prius, Honda Accord. Known as UberPop in Europe
  • UberXL seats 6 passengers. UberXL cars are SUVs and minivans. XL costs more than UberX
  • UberSelect is Uber’s entry-level luxury service that seats up to 4 riders. Select cars are brands like BMW, Mercededs, Audi, etc with a leather interior.
  • UberPOOL: Share your Uber with another Uber user and split the cost. Read more about POOL.
  • UberBLACK and UberSUV is Uber’s luxury service. Commercially registered and insured livery vehicles, typically a black SUV or luxury sedan. Black is the most expensive Uber service
We've walked to Beach Club too. Still think it's super easy, with luggage. Just right along the lake along the boardwalk, not sure what weird route you are thinking about. If anything, getting to Boardwalk is odd since you have to go between JellyRolls and Dance Hall. Nor does it feel much shorter, walk time is pretty even for us.
But, If someone isn't going to walk and have bags, you'll want Uber XL. We never use Uber X with luggage. Some of those cars are way too small. Once you know the car it's a bit too late, I hate to cancel for that reason. We just suck it up and go with XL to eliminate the worry.

We've walked to Beach Club too. Still think it's super easy, with luggage. Just right along the lake along the boardwalk, not sure what weird route you are thinking about. If anything, getting to Boardwalk is odd since you have to go between JellyRolls and Dance Hall. Nor does it feel much shorter, walk time is pretty even for us.
But, If someone isn't going to walk and have bags, you'll want Uber XL. We never use Uber X with luggage. Some of those cars are way too small. Once you know the car it's a bit too late, I hate to cancel for that reason. We just suck it up and go with XL to eliminate the worry.

Did you walk Swan to Boardwalk to Beach Club? Or Swan to Dolphin to Yacht Club to Beach Club? If you walk the Dolphin to Yacht Club part, you wrap around the Dolphin itself.

Did you walk Swan to Boardwalk to Beach Club? Or Swan to Dolphin to Yacht Club to Beach Club? If you walk the Dolphin to Yacht Club part, you wrap around the Dolphin itself.
Yes, I've walked between all resorts at the Boardwalk. To and from, both directions. We stay there a lot. They are very easy to walk between.
See Robo's map
The turquoise route from Swan/Dolphin up to where you can then separate out to either YC/BC or Boardwalk. So I'm not sure what you are talking about to wrap around Dolphin. Maybe there's a 2nd route but we take the one shown here, turning left or right depending on where we are headed. BC lobby takes maybe 2, 3 more minutes than Boardwalk lobby

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

Last edited:
Our scenario:
Our departing flight leaves on a Wednesday at 7pm.
We will be in MK that day.
We want to be picked up by an Uber/Lyft driver and taken back to our resort to pick up our carryons (Pop) and then to the airport.
We have TSA Precheck and we plan to use the Airline check-in at the hotel.

A couple questions:
  • What time should we request the driver?
  • Easier to get picked up at the TTC or at one of the monorail resorts?
  • Someone mentioned the tolls and the driver asking to be reimbursed. Aren't the tolls factored into the price of the ride?
  • If we have the same driver taking us from MK back to our hotel and then on to the airport, how much do we 'tip' him for waiting while we get our carry on luggage? I assume that will take a few minutes.
Thanks!

I feel like it'd be easier and faster for you to take a Disney bus from MK to Pop than it would be to take a monorail (or boat) and then get an Uber/Lyft. I simply wouldn't trust the monorail on a day I need to get back to an airport.

I'd plan to be leaving Pop 2 hrs before your flight, so 5pm. (request Uber/Lyft 10 min before)

For timing, I'd err on everything taking longer than expected. I'd plan to be at a bus stop by 3:30, bus could be there when you get there or could be a wait, and you gotta allow for travel time to Pop. If you get there earlier than expected, good! Get your bags and find someplace to sit and relax for a bit or go ahead and request an Uber or Lyft to the airport.

Tolls are supposed to be part of the fare.

blank

Last edited:
20-30 min from Swan to Beach Club? Do what? Maybe on camel back. Not in a car, no way. I think you may have the destination or origin mixed up

Look at the map I posted, both resorts are marked, you can see how close they are

Ugh, I quoted the wrong post.

Thanks for answering many of my questions...I love Uber...use it every time we travel in major cities with ease. Planning a trip this summer and will need to travel between Caribbean Beach and Orange County Convention center. Can you give me approximate travel times (during peak traffic times and non traffic times) in order to plan rides?

Thanks so much!!

Google Maps says 20 to 30 minutes: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/dis...eec9271ed22c5b!2m2!1d-81.4695163!2d28.4246526

Yes, I've walked between all resorts at the Boardwalk. To and from, both directions. We stay there a lot. They are very easy to walk between.
See Robo's map
The turquoise route from Swan/Dolphin up to where you can then separate out to either YC/BC or Boardwalk. So I'm not sure what you are talking about to wrap around Dolphin. Maybe there's a 2nd route but we take the one shown here, turning left or right depending on where we are headed. BC lobby takes maybe 2, 3 more minutes than Boardwalk lobby

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

Thanks all for the info! We may try to walk it depending on how much stuff we had. I am nervous about walking it after falling at the Boardwalk a few years ago and spraining my ankle while wheeling luggage along the sidewalk.

Thanks all for the info! We may try to walk it depending on how much stuff we had. I am nervous about walking it after falling at the Boardwalk a few years ago and spraining my ankle while wheeling luggage along the sidewalk.
Scary. I don't blame you one bit for being a bit gun shy.

There is also a boat service from Swan/Dolphin to Beach Club. I would walk it if I didn't have a lot of bags, with a lot of bags I would take the boat.

This may be somewhere in the 50 pages...we will need to get from AK to ESPN for race packet pick up. Then from ESPN to Disney Springs. Any idea on travel times for each leg? Also, where is the pick up location at ESPN? Thanks for the great info so far!

This may be somewhere in the 50 pages...we will need to get from AK to ESPN for race packet pick up. Then from ESPN to Disney Springs. Any idea on travel times for each leg? Also, where is the pick up location at ESPN? Thanks for the great info so far!
AK to EWWS: 10 min.
EWWS to DS: 15 min.

I don't think there's a designated pickup spot for EWWS. It would probably depend on how they're directing traffic, which can vary by event and expected crowd level. Just assume the place you're dropped off is the place you'll be picked up. If it changes, you can call the driver from within the app to coordinate.

AK to EWWS: 10 min.
EWWS to DS: 15 min.

I don't think there's a designated pickup spot for EWWS. It would probably depend on how they're directing traffic, which can vary by event and expected crowd level. Just assume the place you're dropped off is the place you'll be picked up. If it changes, you can call the driver from within the app to coordinate.
Thanks! Much quicker then Disney transportation so worth every penny to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter