• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

No cars available of any type. I zoomed out to see where they were, and the nearest cars were on I-4 and 192. Not very many, either. We used Uber to and from home and the Nashville airport, and it worked both times with no problems.

No cars available of any type. I zoomed out to see where they were, and the nearest cars were on I-4 and 192. Not very many, either. We used Uber to and from home and the Nashville airport, and it worked both times with no problems.
Was this for all car types or what? I can see that if you tried for Family. Hard to believe zero of any type around though. Had to be something else happening to prevent the cars from showing up

Was this for all car types or what? I can see that if you tried for Family. Hard to believe zero of any type around though. Had to be something else happening to prevent the cars from showing up
No cars available for Uber X, Uber Black, Uber XL. I know how to use Uber and I checked, and I'm not lying. I could see cars far away, but none available for WDW the three times that we tried to take it. We would have preferred Uber. The taxis were about $20 - $30 each way from AKL to MK and Epcot area resorts/vice versa, and at different times of the day.

No cars available for Uber X, Uber Black, Uber XL. I know how to use Uber and I checked, and I'm not lying. I could see cars far away, but none available for WDW the three times that we tried to take it. We would have preferred Uber. The taxis were about $20 - $30 each way from AKL to MK and Epcot area resorts/vice versa, and at different times of the day.
I never said you were lying. Just that something else had to be going on. There is just no way there were no cars whatsover on any level of service in all of WDW. No way, at all. Not once and definitely not 3 times. There are just too many drivers. Unless they've had a mass exodus of drivers in the past month. I guess that's possible

Maybe next time try Lyft too?

If I want to take Uber to one of the Disney theme parks (from a hotel or a different park), do I need to know the theme park's address, or is there an easy way to search?

If I want to take Uber to one of the Disney theme parks (from a hotel or a different park), do I need to know the theme park's address, or is there an easy way to search?

You should be able to start typing and have it suggest a destination.

No addresses needed. Just type in the destination by name, parks or resorts. Uber's system will locate each by name. That's all you need

We are headed to Disney for two weeks (4/14-4/28). We (1 adult, 2 kids over 6yo) plan to use Uber exclusively the first week from Saratoga Springs to/from parks/resorts. It being Easter just wondering if anyone can comment if we'll have long waits getting drivers to/from parks/resorts daily. This thread was super helpful in answering most of my questions. Thank you

Hi, few questions I hope someone can answer.

Using uber for whole trip from Easter for 2 weeks, how long in advance will I need to book cars?

Will the tolls and tips be included in the price or if paying over the app will I need to tip in person?

Staying at the sunsol, says about $20 to Disney on the app, would that be about right?

Can you use a Caxton card to pay?

Last question as I've never used it, is it easy enough to get one after the fireworks at Disney?

Thanks

Last edited:
We are headed to Disney for two weeks (4/14-4/28). We (1 adult, 2 kids over 6yo) plan to use Uber exclusively the first week from Saratoga Springs to/from parks/resorts. It being Easter just wondering if anyone can comment if we'll have long waits getting drivers to/from parks/resorts daily. This thread was super helpful in answering most of my questions. Thank you

5-10 minutes is what you can expect to wait. It will tell you when you open the app where nearby cars are located.

Hi, few questions I hope someone can answer.

Using uber for whole trip from Easter for 2 weeks, how long in advance will I need to book cars?

Will the tolls and tips be included in the price or if paying over the app will I need to tip in person?

Staying at the sunsol, says about $20 to Disney on the app, would that be about right?

Can you use a Caxton card to pay?

Last question as I've never used it, is it easy enough to get one after the fireworks at Disney?

Thanks
You need to set up an Uber account on your smart phone in advance, but you don't request a ride until you are ready to go.

Tolls are billed to your account, but Uber does not handle tips. If you would like to tip your drivers, it needs to be done hand-to-hand in cash.

When you set up your Uber account, you will also set up a payment method. Fares are debited from that payment method. Prepaid cards are not an accepted payment method. If you don't have a credit or debit card that you can use, you can link to a PayPal account. I'm not too familiar with PayPal, so I don't know whether you can link that to your prepaid card.

I saw Uber gift cards at Target (although I should mention that I am not in Florida so I can't say if Target stores near Disney World have them). I assume you could link those to your Uber account. I remember thinking that I should mention it to a friend from Europe who had trouble linking her credit card to an Uber account.

I'm flying into Sanford rather than MCO. I would like to use Uber. Can my Uber driver swing by a grocery or convenience store for an additional cost? Of course, I want to be sure they are reimbursed for the additional time.

I'm flying into Sanford rather than MCO. I would like to use Uber. Can my Uber driver swing by a grocery or convenience store for an additional cost? Of course, I want to be sure they are reimbursed for the additional time.
It's up to the driver; Uber doesn't support stops in their app. In an UberX, the driver will get only $.08 a minute for waiting. You might offer the driver a cash tip to wait and keep the trip running, if you need more than 5-10 minutes. Or just go to the hotel and make a separate trip to the market & back.

I used uber this past Saturday for transportation for myself and daughter to MCO. I had a couple of slightly uncomfortable things occur. He was a nice older man and do not want to complain to uber about him and risk his job, but I was under the impression that you pay with the app, then tip upon arrival. When we approached the toll he asked me if I would reimburse him (4.50). I told him I would add it to the tip. I realize this is a small amount, just wondering if this is the norm?

Drivers are automatically reimbursed for tolls. This must have been a new driver. Sorry for that! You should definitely let Uber know so they can educate him.

Does this work when staying offsite? We'll be at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista and would love to swing by, grab our bags, and head to the airport in the late afternoon :) Thanks!
Yep. Not an issue. Just remeber to update to your new destination once you arrive at clarion

I never said you were lying. Just that something else had to be going on. There is just no way there were no cars whatsover on any level of service in all of WDW. No way, at all. Not once and definitely not 3 times. There are just too many drivers. Unless they've had a mass exodus of drivers in the past month. I guess that's possible

Maybe next time try Lyft too?

Theres been no exodus. Angie is right on the ball with this. Although,...if theres a car on 192, or even i4, and thats the closest to wdw..itll send you that car. It has a pretty big radius.

Our scenario:
Our departing flight leaves on a Wednesday at 7pm.
We will be in MK that day.
We want to be picked up by an Uber/Lyft driver and taken back to our resort to pick up our carryons (Pop) and then to the airport.
We have TSA Precheck and we plan to use the Airline check-in at the hotel.

A couple questions:
  • What time should we request the driver?
  • Easier to get picked up at the TTC or at one of the monorail resorts?
  • Someone mentioned the tolls and the driver asking to be reimbursed. Aren't the tolls factored into the price of the ride?
  • If we have the same driver taking us from MK back to our hotel and then on to the airport, how much do we 'tip' him for waiting while we get our carry on luggage? I assume that will take a few minutes.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter