England & France: Cities of Knights & Lights (London & Paris) Meets Thread

Thanks, @Rapunzellover! I was thinking it probably would be, but I am in full blown obsession, now. ;)

I even emailed the hotels to ask about their prices for laundry. Ha!

June 10, 2016. Kids will be ages 11 and 8 (turning 9 later in month). FIRST ABD!!

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to England & France (London/Paris) with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the England & France Cities of Knights & Lights ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the England & France ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Current
  • Jun 19 - 26, 2015 - im4kycats & son (18)
  • Jul 3 - 10, 2015 - Leenies & DD (15)
  • Sep 28 - Oct 5, 2015 - GoGoJulie & Husband
Previous
  • May 20 - 27, 2013
    • - AZ Mom, DH, DS1 (20), and DS2 (18)
    • - hdry and DH
  • May 31 - Jun 7, 2013
    • - mouthdoc & family
    • - oLora (Lora) & Mike & Nina (9)
  • Jun 7 - 14, 2013
    • - DW, DH (one of these is AJMlovesRLM, I assume) & DS11
    • - old_faithful, DH, DS(15) & DD(13)
  • Jun 28 - Jul 5, 2013 - TexasMouseFan & ?
  • Sep 20 - 27, 2013
    • - GSLand & DH
    • - WorknFires (Cheryl) & DH (both 45), Dmom & Daunt (mid to late 60's)
  • Sep 30 - Oct 7, 2013 - monkeyknuckler, DW & DD
  • Jul 25 - Aug 1, 2014 - JRM815, wife, & twins (15)
  • Sep 19 - 26, 2014 - calypso726 & DH Wally (W@LL-E)
  • Dec 26, 2014 - Jan 2, 2015 - acndis, DH, DS (7), and acndis' dad

June 10, 2016. Kids will be ages 11 and 8 (turning 9 later in month). FIRST ABD!!
Congrats on booking your first ABD! I've added you to the Roll Call. If you'd like to give me the details of your traveling party (unless it's just you & the kids) I can update your entry.

Sayhello

Me and spouse, with kids (11 and 8)

Thanks for tips on Potter. Def going to do the day before. Has anyone added Disneyland Paris after the trip? Would you recommend booking through ABD when available or doing on own? Thanks.

We are doing the DLP add on when we go (in two weeks!!) I'll let you know how it goes! It was pricey, but since we're only there two days (and those are Friday & Saturday during the busy summer) I like that it came with VIP fastpasses. We chose the Disneyland Hotel which is right at the park entrance. Also, with the add on, ABD transports you to DLP and to the airport when you leave.

We are doing the DLP add on when we go (in two weeks!!) I'll let you know how it goes! It was pricey, but since we're only there two days (and those are Friday & Saturday during the busy summer) I like that it came with VIP fastpasses. We chose the Disneyland Hotel which is right at the park entrance. Also, with the add on, ABD transports you to DLP and to the airport when you leave.
I'm curious, if you don't mind, how much are they charging for the DLP add-on these days?

Thanks!
Sayhello

I'm on board for Knights and lights may 15-23 2016 as a graduation present if all goes well (crossing my fingers). I will traveling with my mom. Very excited to hear how everyone's upcoming trips go. This is my first abd and I am sure I will be hooked after the first trip. Only 328 more days!

I'm on board for Knights and lights may 15-23 2016 as a graduation present if all goes well (crossing my fingers). I will traveling with my mom. Very excited to hear how everyone's upcoming trips go. This is my first abd and I am sure I will be hooked after the first trip. Only 328 more days!
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. Congrats on booking your first ABD, and yes, they are QUITE addictive! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Just booked our first ABD for September 26, 2016. Looking forward to it. It will be myself, DH and daughter so far.:)

My husband and I are booked for July 11-18, 2016. It will be our second wedding anniversary trip. We won the trip via a contest on Good Morning America! We've been to Paris before (my husband has been there twice), but London is new for us.

My husband and I are booked for July 11-18, 2016. It will be our second wedding anniversary trip. We won the trip via a contest on Good Morning America! We've been to Paris before (my husband has been there twice), but London is new for us.

Wow!! Congratulations. That is awesome. What a fun thing to win and a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

We are 33 days from our trip! I called to confirm a few things and found out we only have 24 guests on our trip. They, also, told me there is another 18 yo boy, a 17 yo boy and a 17 yo girl on our trip. I couldn't have asked for a better mix! I have our tickets for the WB Studios tour on one of our pre-days and we plan on hitting the Sherlock museum, as well. Just had to share our excitement! :D

Hi.....I'd love to hear about both the WB Studio tour and the Sherlock museum. My kids (10 and 8 now) are planning a trip to London hopefully next year and those are on our list of places to visit. I'm interested to know if you liked them, how you got there from your hotel etc! Hope you had a fantastic trip!!

Hi.....I'd love to hear about both the WB Studio tour and the Sherlock museum. My kids (10 and 8 now) are planning a trip to London hopefully next year and those are on our list of places to visit. I'm interested to know if you liked them, how you got there from your hotel etc! Hope you had a fantastic trip!!

DD just chimed in about these two spots, which she visited while studying in London. She wanted to point out the WB Studio tour is an all day affair, since it is quite a ride from London. She says it was TOTALLY worth it for all Harry Potter fans! The Sherlock Museum, however, wasn't on her top ten list. She said it was ok, but she is not a fan of Sherlock Holmes.

There are some companies where you can book a tour and you get entry and transportation. I've researched it for a friend who is going to London in October. They also have some walking tours around London; if you're interested. I'm going to London with a friend in 2017 and we've already talked about our Harry Potter day, which will include the new Harry Potter theatre show that will begin in 2016 :-)

It's really pretty easy to get to the WB Harry Potter Studios tour. You take the train from London Euston station to Watford Junction (about 20 minutes). They then have buses that shuttle you from Watford Junction to the Studios (I think it's like £2 roundtrip) that takes about 15 minutes.

It's an all day affair because you can spend HOURS there if you're a huge fan! :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter