England & France: Cities of Knights & Lights (London & Paris) Meets Thread

They start at the Landmark London now which by far had the most amazing breakfasts! It kind of got progressively worse but I was content with croissants and Nutella lol! They did have the egg station but it was so crowded while we were there.

Our guide said it hasn't changed much except in name FYI for those who stayed while it was still a hilton - for those weary, it didn't feel like a hilton inside to me at all. Definitely has some personality and those restrooms downstairs!!

Omigosh yes!! The landmark breakfasts were the best! I had a brioche french toast there that ruined all other french toasts for me! :)

The french hotel is gorgeous-- as you said, those bathrooms downstairs! And having a champagne reception in the garden was fantastic. I wasn't impressed with the food or the size of the rooms though. But it's definitely a good location and atmosphere and I'd probably stay there again.

Husband and I are booked on the September 28th Adults only trip. We have a pre-night, and two post nights with admission for three days @ DLP.

Husband and I are booked on the September 28th Adults only trip. We have a pre-night, and two post nights with admission for three days @ DLP.
I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post!

Sayhello

Hi all!

We are booked for our first ever ABD on June 19. It will be myself and my son - he will be 18. This is his high school graduation trip. We are so excited and have no idea what to expect. I have traveled Europe before, but this will be his first European trip.

I'm sure I'll have questions for the experts as we get closer!

Hi all!

We are booked for our first ever ABD on June 19. It will be myself and my son - he will be 18. This is his high school graduation trip. We are so excited and have no idea what to expect. I have traveled Europe before, but this will be his first European trip.

I'm sure I'll have questions for the experts as we get closer!
Congrats on booking your first ABD! What a fabulous graduation present!

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this Thread.

Do beware: ABD's are highly addictive! It likely won't be your last one! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Is there any way to meet folks going on your ABD? I know we have here, but this is luck of the draw, so to speak, and no one seems to be finding their way here for our trip.

Is there any way to meet folks going on your ABD? I know we have here, but this is luck of the draw, so to speak, and no one seems to be finding their way here for our trip.
Not that I'm aware of. I, too, wish ABD would do something so we could meet ahead of time (I once even suggested it to one of their execs) but nothing ever came of it. They used to have a "forum" of their own, but it was not very popular, and got very little traffic.

ABD *does* have a facebook page. I don't know if they'd allow you to post there & ask if anyone else is on your trip.

Sayhello

Going with my DD (15) to England/France on July 3- 10 with a DLP add-on at the end. It is a special trip for her 16th birthday and a first-time to Europe for both of us! Our vacationista told us how many people were signed up and that there were some kids around her age, but it would be great to "meet up" on here in advance.

Going with my DD (15) to England/France on July 3- 10 with a DLP add-on at the end. It is a special trip for her 16th birthday and a first-time to Europe for both of us! Our vacationista told us how many people were signed up and that there were some kids around her age, but it would be great to "meet up" on here in advance.
Congrats! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. What a wonderful birthday present!

Sayhello

We are 33 days from our trip! I called to confirm a few things and found out we only have 24 guests on our trip. They, also, told me there is another 18 yo boy, a 17 yo boy and a 17 yo girl on our trip. I couldn't have asked for a better mix! I have our tickets for the WB Studios tour on one of our pre-days and we plan on hitting the Sherlock museum, as well. Just had to share our excitement! :D

We are 33 days from our trip! I called to confirm a few things and found out we only have 24 guests on our trip. They, also, told me there is another 18 yo boy, a 17 yo boy and a 17 yo girl on our trip. I couldn't have asked for a better mix! I have our tickets for the WB Studios tour on one of our pre-days and we plan on hitting the Sherlock museum, as well. Just had to share our excitement! :D
Sounds wonderful! And if you're even the slightest bit a Harry Potter fan, you're going to love the WB Studios tour! I haven't made it to the Sherlock Holmes museum yet, but it's on the list for August! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

We are huge Harry Potter fans! We are also going to go to the Who Shop, which has a Doctor Who museum.

Harry Potter set tour is a must. Sayhello, do let us know if the Holmes museum is worth it.

Last edited:
We considered Cardiff, too. Next time we go through The UK, that is on the list! The Who Shop - www.thewhoshop.com - is in London on Barking Road. Having public transport right outside the hotel is turning out to be awesome!

Sounds wonderful! And if you're even the slightest bit a Harry Potter fan, you're going to love the WB Studios tour! I haven't made it to the Sherlock Holmes museum yet, but it's on the list for August! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

DD enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes museum when she lived in London a semester. Her roommate was a big fan. And they LOVED their day at Harry Potter!

Is there a hairdryer in the room at Landmark? I've looked on their website and it doesn't say! At least not on the mobile site.

And does anyone remember what internet cost? Not seeing that info on their webpage, either.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Found the hairdryer answer - yes they do.

Next question - do we travel from London to the Foxhills by bus or train? Just curious, but haven't seen it mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter