Drills and Chills - October 2023 Exercise Thread

I'm going to double-up today because there are more movies left in the article than days left in the month! Two were released in 2012 ~

Frankenweenie, on October 5th:
View attachment 806231
Filmgoers know immediately that any production with Tim Burton’s name attached is going to be “different,” and with Frankenweenie, a stop-motion, 3-D black-and-white full-length remake of Burton’s 1984 same-named short feature, viewers will not be disappointed. Both homage to and parody of the iconic 1931 film, Frankenstein, Frankenweenie substitutes a lovable dog (Sparky) for the Boris Karloff monster in this version. Young Victor, the dog’s owner, and aspiring scientist stumbles upon the “life-resurrecting” formula which brings his pet back to life, only to then have his “secret formula” fall into the hands of some less-than-scrupulous profiteers.

and Girl vs. Monster, on October 12th:
View attachment 806232
Disney Channel’s Girl vs. Monster relates the story of 15-year old Skylar (Olivia Holt), an otherwise typical teenager who learns that her family isn’t exactly what she imagined them to be. In fact, the likable teen discovers that she’s actually a fifth-generation monster hunter and her services are needed to confront and vanquish the immortal Deimata (Tracy Dawson) and her group of ghouls. It’s Halloween and Skylar wants nothing more than to be in attendance at the big party taking place at the town’s run-down haunted mansion. Disobeying her parents, Skylar sneaks out, however, and in the process unknowingly frees Deimata from her parent’s basement, where they’d been held captive. This sets off a chain reaction of ghostly occurrences, forcing Skylar to come to grips with her family history.

I haven't seen either of these. - Is one of them a favorite for any of you??
I haven't seen either, but would be interested in watching Frankenweenie one day.

A quick 15 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, so I'm at 580.

The team is only 741 minutes to goal (and a few people have been posting weekly, so may have some minutes stored up). I will check back after the month officially ends and add it all in.

:tigger:🦃 Who would like to host November? 🦃:tigger:

Our last movie is COCO, released November 22, 2017:

1698747402152.png

Though not actually in theaters at Halloween, I'm assuming it's on the list for the Día de los Muertos connection.

1698747774057.png
Here's the description from the article:

Despite his family’s generations-old ban on music, young Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Hector (Gael García Bernal), the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history.

I've never seen this movie, and really should finally watch it!

I’ll take on November.
:thanks:

(PS - "liked" your post because that's how I keep track of what's entered in the spreadsheet - sorry you were sick!)

Congrats to Oneanne, ShannyMcB, Elizabeth Smith, and sophy1996!!
:cheer2: :tigger: :cheer2: :bounce: :cheer2: :bounce: :cheer2: :car: :cheer2:

Will check back tomorrow in case we hear from a couple other, but so far the team is finishing at over 12 thousand minutes. Go team!!! party:

82 minutes to finish the month - 10k run plus warm up, cool down, and stretching. 63 minute actual 10k, so I was really happy with my time. I'm running the virtual wine and dine half tomorrow. Not expecting to maintain that pace, but if I finish around 2.5 hours, I'll be pleased. When I first started this training program, the app predicted a 3 hour 17 minute half finish for me. I have made a lot of improvement!

3192/2400

Thanks for a fun, spooky month, @PollyannaMom!!!

I am proud of myself and I want to thank you because I didn't give up when it was difficult - every day I did Pilates and stretching for 45 minutes, maybe for some people this is a weak result, but for me it was really a challenge

That is excellent!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter