Does DVC ever upgrade for free?

We had an “upgrade” of sorts when there was a maintenance issue with our room. We were on our way to the resort when we received a phone call that our studio at GFV had a maintenance issue and would we mind being moved to a club level hotel room at Grand Floridian. It was definitely an experience we would never have been able to afford on our own and we saved a lot of money on food that trip. The rooms were about the same in terms of amenities but the club level food options were amazing! We were so grateful for the experience.

In June of 2022 we arrived at BLT much later than anticipated (9 PM) for our 2 Bed Theme Park View reservation. We got up to our room and found ourselves in a 3 Bed Theme Park View GV! We were there for 2 nights before going to AKL. It was awesome! We had a party of 4 adults and 3 children. The reservation for BLT was made with rented DVC points.

Last edited:
In June of 2022 we arrived at BLT much later than anticipated (9 PM) for our 2 Bed Theme Park View reservation. We got up to our room and found ourselves in a 3 Bed Theme Park View GV! We were there for 2 nights before going to AKL. It was awesome! We had a party of 4 adults and 3 children. The reservation for BLT was made with rented DVC points.
AMAZEBALLS

They may upgrade due to a problem and we had a weird problem on our last trip.

We had BLT booked for a week starting on a Saturday night. We started our 22 mile drive on Thursday right after I got out of work and DH ended up driving the entire night without stopping so when I woke the next morning we knew we would be in WDW by about 2pm that afternoon so I called DVC to see if any rooms were available for that evening. I could get AKL DVC savannah room which was great.

We got to AKL around 1:30pm that afternoon and were issued our room keys. DH and DD5 headed to the room while I waited for Bell Services to load up a cart with our luggage and I followed them to our room. Our room key didnt work and DH was no where to be found.

DH called me to say that there was a mix up on the room and the room we got was apparently occupied.no, he didnt walk in on anyone, his key just didnt work, thankfully. They issued him new keys and told me to meet him at another room number so Bell Services and I started heading there. Not even a minute later, I get another call that there was another mix up and they were sending us to concierge for a two bedroom suite.

Bell Services and I met DH and DD at concierge and they issue us new keys and we finally had a really nice, non-DVC two bedroom suite that was on a corner so that the master bedroom had a balcony onto one part of the savannah and the second bedroom had a balcony looking out onto another part of the savannah. We had three bathrooms for just the three of us and the master bath was huge. The shower could be its own room. We didnt have much time to enjoy it or the concierge lounge.

This was the first time we have ever had anything quite like this happen. On occasion, we have had one or both keys not work and we would have to go down and have them fixed but this time the first two rooms were still occupied.

On Saturday, we moved to BLT without a problem and had a wonderful trip.
I think it might be time for a new car if you started your 22 mile drive on a Thursday afternoon and didn't get to WDW until Saturday ~ 2pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter