Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Question for POR veterans, do you know if they will hold luggage before check-in? I had posted in the general thread, but we are one night AOA and then off to cape coral for 5 nights.. Wondering if POR will take a large suitcase after we check out of AOA ( 5 nights before check-in?).. Will be Beginning of Sept.. so I would think the luggage rooms wouldnt be that crazy.

Or AOA hold its after check-out?

Has anyone ever been able to order a birthday cake and have it delivered to your room? From what I read over on the cake thread it is possible and you don't have to be in the room but you have to be checked in. Any experience with this?

Has anyone ever been able to order a birthday cake and have it delivered to your room?

I believe you can only have cakes delivered to the Bakery in the food court for collection by yourself, or to any restaurant that you are eating at. I don't think they will leave cakes in the room for you. However the cake thread folks may know more than me on this one, especially if the policy has changed since we last ordered a specialty cake in 2013.

Andre

I believe you can only have cakes delivered to the Bakery in the food court for collection by yourself, or to any restaurant that you are eating at. I don't think they will leave cakes in the room for you. However the cake thread folks may know more than me on this one, especially if the policy has changed since we last ordered a specialty cake in 2013.

Andre
In July 2014 I had a 6 inch chocolate cake/chocolate frosting delivered to the room at CBR. We were not in the room when it was delivered. They left paper plates, plastic forks, knives and a cake spatula with napkins. I also requested a latex balloon (which normally isn't included, but I asked nicely) and we had about 3 balloons. When I ordered the cake I gave a description of the occasion and they choose words/writing on the cake that was perfect. All for $23! Granted this was at CBR, but I would expect POR to be somewhat similar.

In July 2014 I had a 6 inch chocolate cake/chocolate frosting delivered to the room at CBR. We were not in the room when it was delivered. They left paper plates, plastic forks, knives and a cake spatula with napkins. I also requested a latex balloon (which normally isn't included, but I asked nicely) and we had about 3 balloons. When I ordered the cake I gave a description of the occasion and they choose words/writing on the cake that was perfect. All for $23! Granted this was at CBR, but I would expect POR to be somewhat similar.

That sounds great! How did you go about ordering? Did you order through CBR?

Has anyone ever been able to order a birthday cake and have it delivered to your room? From what I read over on the cake thread it is possible and you don't have to be in the room but you have to be checked in. Any experience with this?
We had ours delivered to the bakery in the food court. I picked it up they gave us candles and matches and we had our own little party in the food court. You could also take it back to your room but we just ate it there.

For POR we had to order from boardwalk bakery and they deliver it to the resort for the day you want.

Correct, the Boardwalk supplies the cakes for POR. I can't remember who I called to order it, but I think it was probably the cakeline - 407-934-5824 .

Andre

Last edited:
Correct, the Boardwalk supplies the cakes for POR. I can't remember who I called to order it, but I think it was probably the cakeline - 407-934-5824 .

Andre
Yes, call the cake hot line, then there will be an extensive list of options, "press 1 for contemporary, press 2 for cbr, etc. "

Our last 2 vacations we have stayed at POR and we have thoroughly enjoyed the resort.

One of my favorite things to do is take the boat ride to Downtown Disney and get a chocolate milk shake at Ghiradelli's

FYI folks, I just heard back from someone in river transportation that the direct routing from each resort to DTD trial was so successful and popular with guests that it has already been decided to continue it indefinitely. This applies to boats after 5pm, when Riverside boats will be approx. every 15 minutes and FQ boats every 20 mins.

Andre

We will be checking into POR in just 17 days - our first time at POR and our first moderate resort. We toured this resort during our last WDW trip and were very impressed with it. We got a great passholder discount for the late August trip and super cheap airfare, which makes it really nice. I have a feeling that we will be one of the few guests there who won't be there on a free dining package. :)

We are very excited to see that the 2016 free dining bounce back will be available during our stay, especially since it includes May 31st to June 7th. We will be booking a free dining bounce back for a family trip in June. :)

FYI folks, I just heard back from someone in river transportation that the direct routing from each resort to DTD trial was so successful and popular with guests that it has already been decided to continue it indefinitely. This applies to boats after 5pm, when Riverside boats will be approx. every 15 minutes and FQ boats every 20 mins.

Andre
while this counds great in a way, does this mean we won't be able to take a boat from POR to POFQ? we were planning on doing that to use their food court for some credits (jambalaya, beignets, etc) I hate to have to ride all the way to DTD just to get to FQ

while this counds great in a way, does this mean we won't be able to take a boat from POR to POFQ? we were planning on doing that to use their food court for some credits (jambalaya, beignets, etc) I hate to have to ride all the way to DTD just to get to FQ

It's an easy walk between the two resorts.

What does free dining "bounce back" mean?

Disney resorts will often put a special bounce back deal in their Be Our Guest booklets that are in the resort room. These bounce back deals are usually limited to a free dining offer for the next year or a room discount. The free dining offer usually comes out around mid August and is often only good until the end oc October. The room discount for the next year will come out some time in the second half of October and be good for the next year. This is the current offer that you will find in your resort room if you will staying there through October:

image-jpg.112800

These offers must be booked before you check out of the resort. Resort guests will often take these offers out of the resort room and the housekeeper will forget to replace them. If you don't see a bounce back offer then call extension 8844 from your room phone and ask them about the offer. There will be some value resorts available for the bounce back offer, too. Just call and check.

Whatever you do - don't ask the front desk or the concierge about the current bounce back offer. They will look at you as if you are crazy and say they have never heard of it. You have to call the bounce back number listed in the flyer in order to book the deal. :)

This particular deal has a three day minimum stay and a two day park hopper or water parks ticket as a minimum requirement.

From Andre's awesome portorleans.org

Laundry
<p class='warning'>Please enable Javascript!</p>
The “Laundry on the Levee” room near to the swimming pool at French Quarter

Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $2.50 per load (price was increased from $2.00 on 28 April 2015) and individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now also cost $2.50 per hour.

The French Quarter laundry room has 16 washers and 24 dryers, each of the three Alligator Bayou rooms have 8 washers and 12 dryers, and the two Mangolia Bends rooms have 10 washers and 16 dryers each.

The location of these laundry facilities is very convenient as you can set a machine load going and then take a relaxing dip in the pool while you’re waiting for it to finish. The machines are available 24 hours, but if you’re a night-owl and plan to use the laundry rooms after midnight you’ll need to take your Magic Band to gain access.

Following a successful trial period at French Quarter, as from April 2015 all of the Port Orleans laundry machines now feature cashless terminals which are only able to accept card payments. As Disney is using an off-the-shelf payment processing solution, there is no facility for guests to pay using Magic Bands or even old-style Disney Key to the World cards. However, since no ZIP code or PIN entry is required, most credit, debit or pre-loaded dollar payment cards should work - including internationally issued cards - just as long as there is a magnetic stripe on the back.

The new machines are now also internet connected. Yes, really! You can check on the current status of any of the washers and driers at Port Orleans via the website
www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ using either a computer or a mobile device, which allows you check for available machines and also to see when your own load is finished.

There is also a valet laundry service available weekdays and Saturday for which there should be a large laundry bag in your room. Place your items in the bag and fill out the form and it will be collected and then returned the next day. For express service, drop the bag off at Bell Services before 8:30am and it will be returned by 6:30pm the same day. It might be worth checking the rather expensive price list before you use the facility though!

Thanks! Just bookmarked the site for our visit starting Sunday. They didn't have this last year. Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter