Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at POFQ four years ago right after the refurb. I'm excited to stay here again in July. I loved how small and compact the resort was, as well as the proximity to DS.

We're staying at FQ July 1st-10th. Really appreciate all the information on this thread, I've read back the last 10+ pages (and the first page). This is our first time staying at Port Orleans, looking forward to checking out the resorts and boat to DS.

We are going next month and want to order water and snacks. We have used garden grocer in the past. Has anyone used them lately or is there another place to order?
Thank you!!

We are going next month and want to order water and snacks. We have used garden grocer in the past. Has anyone used them lately or is there another place to order?
Thank you!!
Safeway has been getting g good reviews as of late but GG is still up there

As much as I'd love to be there after the referb, I hope they're not working on it while we are there in November! o_O

We were there the last time ( when they were redoing the beds sink etc.) and it had no effect on our trip. They had a good portion if not all of building 7 blocked off. We were in another building (5 or 6) & other than workers around we didn't notice anything.

We were there also during the last refurb and other than seeing a parking lot being used for trucks and supplies, it had no impact on us either.

Well... I know this may make me sound a bit high maintenance but...If I check in and feel like my room hasnt been well cleaned I wont hesitate to call mousekeeping and ask to have it redone.

Yep, I'll be branded that guest but I need to keep happy with my resort and feel like the horrible gobs of money I am spending are worth it.

It's likely that the person working my room might just be having an off day-I have them at work sometimes. you know that day when you dont feel good or are so tired that its a stretch to give 50% let alone 100%. So I would be understanding but I would still need my problem fixed.

I haven't had an issue at POFQ, but I had an issue at BC once - so it happens even at deluxes. It was like the housekeeper was interrupted in the middle of cleaning the room, and never made it back. There was a huge bag of trash in the middle of the floor, and M&Ms on the floor (which told me they didn't vacuum either). We just called and went out on the balcony while they finished cleaning the room.

POFQ is rare for discounts. That being said, I have gotten discounts in the past. I am going next month with no discount for AP, but when I was there in August last year I was able to get an AP discount. It is my favorite place to stay.

I was able to book my stay next month at POFQ with a Bounceback discount. They are few and far between, but I can usually manage to find something.

French Quarter is our 'home' resort per-say,
I quite like the layout and feel of the resort it self. The Laundry is located near the hot tub and pool /pool lounge. :) last time I was there they seem to have updated the pool area with a splash zone. A nice addition to the pool. Everything was in walking distance :) including the updated decor of the Restaurant/Cafeteria :P No more large creepy faces stare at you while you eat :) The mini store is always stocked with fun and interesting things, and the always must have of a Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy treat.

I only had an issue once. - Tried to call down to Front desk / Maintenance to have them look at our A/C as it wasnt getting cold. When I called, the phone kept on ringing and ringing with no one picking up on the other end. I ended up going down to the lobby/ check-in area and the GSA (Guest Service Agent) stated that the phone system goes to an off-site call centre instead of the front desk and apologized. All and All we had maintenance come and fix the A/C. I'll chalk it up to being a minor hiccup. They unfortunately don't have a business centre, but the lovely GSA's will be able to print Boarding passes at the front desk during the night / who arent part of the Disney Luggage service stuff. :)

I cannot wait to go back in a month or so!!!
:smickey:

Right, it really looks like FD at POR just isn't going to free up (it went so quickly, I was on when it opened up, but by the time I pushed buy, it was gone!), so we are going to stick with our PORFQ reservation. I am excited about it, it seems like a lovely resort.

You lucky duck. I have never been able to take advantage of a bounceback offer.

I booked it on my trip in early December, so not too long after the bounceback for 2017 came out. That may, or may not, have made a difference. POFQ is one of the resorts that I tend to book more frequently through third party sites also, if I can find one matching a Disney GP sale and also offering a coupon or code on top. Even if POFQ isn't included in the Disney sale (which can happen), sometimes the third party code/coupon is enough of a discount to make me content with my choice. I try to never pay rack if I can possibly help it - most times I would change resorts before I would pay rack.

Heading in for a long weekend trip this Thursday! I was thinking in my mind about why I love POFQ a bit more than Riverside. I really enjoy them both but feel a general preference for POFQ except for the dinning hall. I love the one in Riverside. During my family's last trip we would even take the walk from POFQ just to to dine at Riverside!

I had no idea the one at POFQ had undergone any changes until I logged onto this thread. Now I can wait to see what's been done!

Heading in for a long weekend trip this Thursday! I was thinking in my mind about why I love POFQ a bit more than Riverside. I really enjoy them both but feel a general preference for POFQ except for the dinning hall. I love the one in Riverside. During my family's last trip we would even take the walk from POFQ just to to dine at Riverside!

I had no idea the one at POFQ had undergone any changes until I logged onto this thread. Now I can wait to see what's been done!

The newly remodeled Sassagoula Floatworks menu is great! We just returned from our stay, where we ate breakfast there several of the days. The new menus have some really good food!

We had:
  • Mickey waffles (of course!)
  • The Po' Boy
  • Shrimp and grits
  • custom omelets (spinach, tomato, feta, etc.)
  • breakfast sandwiches and tater tots
  • beignets
All of our food was very good! We used to do the same: travel to Riverside or another resort for breakfast instead of POFQ... but now we don't have to. :)

We will be at POFQ next week (yippee skippee!) and we have a breakfast reservation at BOG at 8.10am. Will we be OK catching a bus or should we order a cab? If the advice is use the bus, what time do you suggest we arrive at the bus stop? Many thanks in advance :)

We will be at POFQ next week (yippee skippee!) and we have a breakfast reservation at BOG at 8.10am. Will we be OK catching a bus or should we order a cab? If the advice is use the bus, what time do you suggest we arrive at the bus stop? Many thanks in advance :)

Be at the bus stop at about 7am to allow plenty of time (you'll probably be early, but better that than late)

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter