Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Well, I'm happily back! We were originally booked for a long weekend for MNSSHP, but then the hurricane came so we cancelled. We moved our trip to Thanksgiving week, extended it a bit, and decided to stay at CBR. I wasn't 100% sold on that, so I kept playing around with the dates, and now we have 3 nights at POR followed by 3 nights CR -TPV! So we will be at CR Nov. 22-25. Yay!

I just did my online check in and noticed Odd or Even wasn't an option.

It's official! We are booked for 8 nts at CR, so now my signature is correct :)

There's truly no rush, but the next time you update the log-o-rail (or maybe the 10th or 20th time ;) ), you can add that we will be there, TPV, Jan 20-28, 2018.

We were there Oct 2 - 9th.

Our original plan was to stay at BLT for 5 nights then AKL for 2. I'll skip all of our trip up to Wednesday night. I left my family back at BLT and scooted to MK for EMH. I rode pirates (which broke down for 30 min, I was by the pirate trying to give the cats some rum..lol...that was a long 30 minutes). I rode HM till park close (1AM) then went to City Hall. I got a refund for our thursday MNSSHP, which was a good choice since the cancelled Friday's too. We didn't get to do that party at all. We did get our money back but lost money on the costumes we had bought. I also cancelled my star wars dessert part for friday night. The nice guy at city hall threw some FP+ into my account for Saturday.

We did AK Thursday since we still had several things there to do (not our orignal plan, but called this as a audible) and had a wonderful time (no fastpasses needed), we left around 1pm as it started to get rainy and windy and had done most of what we wanted to do. I went by the front desk of contemporary to see what we needed to do about changing resorts on Friday since by now we knew that everything was closing and there would be no transportation running. This was quite a chore but there was a wonderful CM named Amber that assured us that she would help us stay either in BLT or the Contemporary. I think by that time in the afternoon the DVC office had closed and they could not verify if we could stay in our same rooms.

So it wasn't until Friday after our checkout time that we got squared away. Amber was able to put us in a 2 bedroom villa Theme park view at BLT. It was like a dream come true! Of course the weather was not bad and the bridge between the two buildings stayed open and people were walking around outside all day. There were activities w/ characters all day at the Contemporary. We ate at Chef Mickey's sans characters with a reduced menu. Sometime earlier in the week a disney agent contacted my via text, I continued to use this text number for arrange FP+. Since I had lost my Party FP+ and Friday FP+ they were able to give me an anytime set at HS for Saturday and another set at MK for Saturday. Amber also arranged a credit $300 since we had missed dining opportunities and had left over credits. We also were credited a 1 day ticket with park hopper for the missed day. All in all it worked out ok, we were all ready for a rest by friday but it would have been nicer to lay by the pool instead.

Thanks so much for posting about your Hurricane Matthew experience @HatboxHaint. I so wish that character dining locations would always offer at least one meal per day sans character. It would definitely bring me back to places that we've already done with characters.

Thirty minutes of "Here, Ki-tty, ki-tty," is a long time indeed. I bet you were wishing you had some rum after a few minutes.

You
certainly had a unique vacation experience with lots of modifications. I'm sure your next stay will be much less "exciting":)

Well, I'm happily back! We were originally booked for a long weekend for MNSSHP, but then the hurricane came so we cancelled. We moved our trip to Thanksgiving week, extended it a bit, and decided to stay at CBR. I wasn't 100% sold on that, so I kept playing around with the dates, and now we have 3 nights at POR followed by 3 nights CR -TPV! So we will be at CR Nov. 22-25. Yay!

I just did my online check in and noticed Odd or Even wasn't an option.

Glad you got your 3 nights and I'll get them logged. Sounds like they've modified the OCI room choices. You can always have any requests directly added to your reservation by calling the WDTC or your TA.

It's official! We are booked for 8 nts at CR, so now my signature is correct :)

There's truly no rush, but the next time you update the log-o-rail (or maybe the 10th or 20th time ;) ), you can add that we will be there, TPV, Jan 20-28, 2018.

No problem adding the first 2018 date to the log - congratulations!

Glad you got your 3 nights and I'll get them logged. Sounds like they've modified the OCI room choices. You can always have any requests directly added to your reservation by calling the WDTC or your TA.

Thanks! The odd/even thing doesn't really matter to me that much. I did notice that one of the options was "balcony." Don't all tower rooms have balconies?

Thanks! The odd/even thing doesn't really matter to me that much. I did notice that one of the options was "balcony." Don't all tower rooms have balconies?

Yes, further proof that the options during Online Check In make no sense and are useless the majority of the time. It's been the main reason I always phone in our room requests. At least then I can request exactly what I want.

Hello to the thread! I've never stayed at Contempo before, but was curious about their themepark view rooms; do they ever have offers that discount these rooms? I know many of the UOC codes don't cover them, does bounceback or AP rates ever include the themepark views at Contemporary?

Yes, further proof that the options during Online Check In make no sense and are useless the majority of the time. It's been the main reason I always phone in our room requests. At least then I can request exactly what I want.

Absolutely and just expanding a bit for @skuttle...In the case of CR, the OCI request options are identical whether you're staying in a Garden Wing or Tower. All Tower rooms have a balcony and none of the Garden Wing rooms do, so the "balcony" OCI option is totally worthless. The only thing that comes close would be a patio request in the Garden Wing.

Hello to the thread! I've never stayed at Contempo before, but was curious about their themepark view rooms; do they ever have offers that discount these rooms? I know many of the UOC codes don't cover them, does bounceback or AP rates ever include the themepark views at Contemporary?

Welcome, @Mome Rath!

All categories of rooms have been included in general public discounts as well as with the military, AP, and BB rate. However, lately, I've noticed more and more resort and category exceptions in the general discount fine print.

Welcome, @Mome Rath!

All categories of rooms have been included in general public discounts as well as with the military, AP, and BB rate. However, lately, I've noticed more and more resort and category exceptions in the general discount fine print.

Thanks 'Kook, yeah, my latest code doesn't apply to themepark views at any resort, but I'm holding out hope for the other discounts! Hopefully soon I can add Contempo to my resort list!

Just checked into BLT and got what we requested...north tower even number room ( view of lake to the right and MK to the left; DVC calls lake view 1 BD) so can't wait for Halloween fireworks tonight! Room ready text didn't work for us and CM said they have had problems with that today. Looking forward to a magical week I all the parks !:yay:

So we rented points at BLT two weeks ago...two lakeview studios. We mainly wanted rooms together. Thru the rental company, the renter was supposed to enter requests onto his DVC account. I basically wanted one of our lakeviews on the north side so we had a partial fireworks view and the other unit was more negotiable but I wanted it close by. I also did the fax thing through touring plans and indicated in the notes that co-located studios was the main preference. When we went to check-in we did get basically one of the rooms we wanted. I think it was 7708, but the other room was 7725, 12 doors down. Seemed like a huge gap at the time since we were used to having adjoining rooms at moderates and values in the past. BUT it worked out fine in the end. The CM at the check-in said that the over-riding factor was the the DVC member who booked our rooms also booked four others and they were trying to keep them all together since they thought it was one big party....not sure why they ignored my co-located rooms requests in order to try and group all of the member's rooms together...seemed curious to me.

Hello all! So excited my mom just booked our stay at BLT May 13-21st. This is our first time staying at a monorail hotel and we're so excited! I'm the planner in our group so I'm looking forward to reading though the pages of this thread. I have a few questions I'm hoping one of the experts here can help me out with. My parents are DVC members so we're staying on their points. We have a group of 7 in a two bedroom (me, DH, DS 2 and my parents) and a deluxe studio (my sister and BIL) mom has booked all in Lake view rooms and wanted the rooms to be close together. We would love to be able to see fireworks from one of our rooms if that's possible. are there any rooms/floors in particular we should request (and where should I send the request) Sorry, for all the questions, I'm not used to being so close to MK and we're all so excited to be able to walk there!
thanks in advance!!!

For solo travelers who stay past closing at MK - how lonely is that walk from MK to CR after park close? I've done it during the day but not late at night.

Hello all! So excited my mom just booked our stay at BLT May 13-21st. This is our first time staying at a monorail hotel and we're so excited! I'm the planner in our group so I'm looking forward to reading though the pages of this thread. I have a few questions I'm hoping one of the experts here can help me out with. My parents are DVC members so we're staying on their points. We have a group of 7 in a two bedroom (me, DH, DS 2 and my parents) and a deluxe studio (my sister and BIL) mom has booked all in Lake view rooms and wanted the rooms to be close together. We would love to be able to see fireworks from one of our rooms if that's possible. are there any rooms/floors in particular we should request (and where should I send the request) Sorry, for all the questions, I'm not used to being so close to MK and we're all so excited to be able to walk there!
thanks in advance!!!

This thread should help you understand which rooms face which direction:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

In a nutshell for lake view with a chance of fireworks you are looking for even number room in north part of building. For studios these are rooms ending in 06, 08 and 14. For dedicated 2 bedroom it would be rooms ending in 02 or 12.

For solo travelers who stay past closing at MK - how lonely is that walk from MK to CR after park close? I've done it during the day but not late at night.
DD21 and I walk it often. We are never alone. You will pass others along the way in both directions. (we walk fast and usually do the "passing").
Also the busses are coming and going so you feel like you not isolated.

I have not batted an eye once about walking at anytime, even at midnight!

If anxious do what I taught my kids, wait for someone you think look safe and follow them.

We enjoy that walk. Seeing BLT and Cr in the distance is a lovely view when leaving the park at night.

Just curious if anyone has ever experienced this....at CR last weekend, in the garden wing, and not a single one of our magic bands would open the external door once it was locked after 11 pm. All worked on our room no problem, but would not allow us into the building. Huge inconvenience coming back from MNSSHP with 2 tired kiddos....

Just checked into BLT and got what we requested...north tower even number room ( view of lake to the right and MK to the left; DVC calls lake view 1 BD) so can't wait for Halloween fireworks tonight! Room ready text didn't work for us and CM said they have had problems with that today. Looking forward to a magical week I all the parks !:yay:

That's great and I hope you're still having a magical stay. Those room alerts are hit or miss, mostly miss.

So we rented points at BLT two weeks ago...two lakeview studios. We mainly wanted rooms together. Thru the rental company, the renter was supposed to enter requests onto his DVC account. I basically wanted one of our lakeviews on the north side so we had a partial fireworks view and the other unit was more negotiable but I wanted it close by. I also did the fax thing through touring plans and indicated in the notes that co-located studios was the main preference. When we went to check-in we did get basically one of the rooms we wanted. I think it was 7708, but the other room was 7725, 12 doors down. Seemed like a huge gap at the time since we were used to having adjoining rooms at moderates and values in the past. BUT it worked out fine in the end. The CM at the check-in said that the over-riding factor was the the DVC member who booked our rooms also booked four others and they were trying to keep them all together since they thought it was one big party....not sure why they ignored my co-located rooms requests in order to try and group all of the member's rooms together...seemed curious to me.

Thanks for posting about your experience. Would you do anything with your request differently next time?

thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to the thread, @Tinkerbell7479! I'll log your dates. You're going to love being so close to the MK and monorail.

Some of the outer LV villas on the north side have a partial MKV off to the left. I think someone posted the BLT Room View/Number thread link for you:)

Just curious if anyone has ever experienced this....at CR last weekend, in the garden wing, and not a single one of our magic bands would open the external door once it was locked after 11 pm. All worked on our room no problem, but would not allow us into the building. Huge inconvenience coming back from MNSSHP with 2 tired kiddos....

Each MB or KTTW card holder's account has to be enabled for "common door access". If they aren't, everything besides your room door, like exterior building doors, gym doors, pool gates, etc...won't work. Someone didn't get the common door access permission into your account correctly. This has happened to us at WL.

Thinking of changing my ressie for next year to CR, if I were to stay in a garden room, to access the main tower, do I have to go outside or is the resort all connected with interior hallways?

Thinking of changing my ressie for next year to CR, if I were to stay in a garden room, to access the main tower, do I have to go outside or is the resort all connected with interior hallways?
You have to go outside, with a covered walkway to the main building.

That's great and I hope you're still having a magical stay. Those room alerts are hit or miss, mostly miss.

Thanks for posting about your experience. Would you do anything with your request differently next time?

Welcome to the thread, @Tinkerbell7479! I'll log your dates. You're going to love being so close to the MK and monorail.

Some of the outer LV villas on the north side have a partial MKV off to the left. I think someone posted the BLT Room View/Number thread link for you:)

Each MB or KTTW card holder's account has to be enabled for "common door access". If they aren't, everything besides your room door, like exterior building doors, gym doors, pool gates, etc...won't work. Someone didn't get the common door access permission into your account correctly. This has happened to us at WL.

Hey Kook! We might shell out more money for the 1-bedroom and Studio since they connect. I guess renting, that might be cheaper than 2-bedroom? I think we would have more success in getting them co-located... But with frontdesk CM's comment, which didn't really make sense to me..."basically same DVC owner so we put them close together but you are still 12-doors down." I guess anything is possible in the wacky world or room assignment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter