This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Well, they’ve added Galaxy’s Edge and Avenger’s Campus since 2017, wouldn’t that change things?
And the update to Toontown, which might not impact anything but you never know with RD these days, last year they made two big changes to race maps. If I have this right they could just decide to ignore GE (which is what the WDW had been doing… until recently), however I think AC is on top of the old course route? If that’s the case then something has to give, they can run through it if it’s feasible or bypass it somehow. I don’t know if a GE loop is doable over there, the loop at WDW is dicey but they figured out a way to pull it off.

Why? Why wouldn't they just do the same thing they did last time? I very much doubt they are reinventing the wheel here. It ran smoothly every year they did it here. We attended almost every DL race weekend.
Based on recent performance, I've lost faith in their commitment and ability to plan and deliver on what worked well in the past. I hope I'm wrong and they knock it out of the park. :-)

Last edited:
Well, they’ve added Galaxy’s Edge and Avenger’s Campus since 2017, wouldn’t that change things?

No. The races didn't go through GE area. Although I guess they could reroute them through the new land so they can add character spots. But they wouldn't HAVE to include GE. They might just to avoid doing that u turn by Pirates.

And the update to Toontown, which might not impact anything but you never know with RD these days, last year they made two big changes to race maps. If I have this right they could just decide to ignore GE (which is what the WDW had been doing… until recently), however I think AC is on top of the old course route? If that’s the case then something has to give, they can run through it if it’s feasible or bypass it somehow. I don’t know if a GE loop is doable over there, the loop at WDW is dicey but they figured out a way to pull it off.

It did run through Bugs Land which is now AC. They didn't do anything to change the traffic flow through that area. They build around the already existing pathways, so the old courses would still work fine.

I really want to do that weekend, but it coincides with getting back to school AND I’m a Floridian so:( I guess virtual for me

After running the marathon yesterday I will be soo happy to run a half!!
Right!?! I've never run a half and thought, well that was easy - ready for twice this distance tomorrow! To be fair, I wasn't running hard, and I'm sure that helped but my endurance fitness is just so much better after marathon training. It made for a truly nice HM experience.

Since I recently moved back to SoCal, I am 100% in, if I can get registered. I think that’s going to be a very big if, though, so I’m not allowing myself to get excited yet.

Same thinking with me...the hardest part isn't going to be the running, it's going to be securing a bib! :crazy: I'm interested in the 10k, and I think that will be a popular distance. It's been a hot minute since I last ran a rundisney. Other options are charity bibs? Whenever the website lists the approved charities, I wonder if there is a certain one that has a lower minimum fundraising amount? I wonder if it's better to try to get a charity bib before the registration date or wait until after? I'm willing to donate about $500 ish or so comfortably.

Is there anyone else here who was caught up in the 2018 Star Wars Light Side Half mess? This was where some of us registered early for the race and Disney held our money with basically no communication and rumors swirling for 9 months before cancelling. It was pretty brutal. Here's the old thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...side-half-marathon-weekend-cancelled.3572881/ Anyway, I just wrote RunDisney an email asking for early registration for those of us caught up in the mess. I'm sure the # can't be that many. Not holding out much hope, but thought it was worth the effort :)

Is there anyone else here who was caught up in the 2018 Star Wars Light Side Half mess? This was where some of us registered early for the race and Disney held our money with basically no communication and rumors swirling for 9 months before cancelling. It was pretty brutal. Here's the old thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...side-half-marathon-weekend-cancelled.3572881/ Anyway, I just wrote RunDisney an email asking for early registration for those of us caught up in the mess. I'm sure the # can't be that many. Not holding out much hope, but thought it was worth the effort :)

I was not, but that's a great idea! Can't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter