• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this as well! I had this available on two of mine so did my first order and hoping I have better luck than @Marionnette (yikes!). I think some of the websites are hammered and clearly can't keep up with everything.

Thanks again,
Heather

Quoted myself to add so far I have received both of my Amex confirmations for the offer and I did purposely wait for the first one to come through, before placing the second order. Hopefully they both ship and no issues.

Thanks,
Heather

One of my two Amex cards had a $15 off $35 purchase at Walmart.com. It does not exclude gift cards. I got a $50 vanilla mastercard for $38.94.
I just checked. My DH's Amex has the offer but mine doesn't. Thanks for the heads up. Will try but maybe not for gift cards - just incase. Also, we got the dunkin donuts offer on Amex. Anyone know if thst would work to reload gift card?

That's not "working" though. That's resolving the issue with a manager, which is a confrontational step that some won't want to go through just to get $5.
Yep. It doesn't automatically come up. After seeing only some gift cards with the sale sign, I asked at customer service and was told it was only for those gift cards. I think the ad is misleading but I'm not arguing with them about it.

At the physical Target Store, could you use Target GC to buy the Disney GC? Not trying to get the additional 5% Target Red Card discount, just wanted to convert it.

That's not "working" though. That's resolving the issue with a manager, which is a confrontational step that some won't want to go through just to get $5.
It was not a "confrontational step" in any way :teeth:. When I went to check out and said I wanted to check to see if the 2 $25 Disney cards worked for the free gift card. When it didn't I said that I was confused because I thought the ad said it was on any two gift cards $25 or more. The clerk called the manager on her own without any prompting from me. The manager and she looked at the ad and said "that's weird" and "I don't see any restrictions on the type of card" and gave me the gift cards.

I guess if you're too shy to ask for clarification at the check-out because you feel it's "confrontational" then that's too bad for you.

Also, we got the dunkin donuts offer on Amex. Anyone know if thst would work to reload gift card?
I got that one too and am wondering the same thing. There's nothing in the wording that excludes gift cards, just that it's valid in store and online, but I'm not sure if reloading via the DD app counts as "online." I'll probably just try it since it's only $10 that I'd end up spending eventually anyway.

ETA: Thanks @kidsfirsttrip for letting us know this works!

It was not a "confrontational step" in any way :teeth:. When I went to check out and said I wanted to check to see if the 2 $25 Disney cards worked for the free gift card. When it didn't I said that I was confused because I thought the ad said it was on any two gift cards $25 or more. The clerk called the manager on her own without any prompting from me. The manager and she looked at the ad and said "that's weird" and "I don't see any restrictions on the type of card" and gave me the gift cards.

I guess if you're too shy to ask for clarification at the check-out because you feel it's "confrontational" then that's too bad for you.

It's obviously not too much for Budget Boarders, as most of us would spend hours researching how to save $5. Quick question ... does your Target sell $25 Disney Gift Cards?

It's obviously not too much for Budget Boarders, as most of us would spend hours researching how to save $5. Quick question ... does your Target sell $25 Disney Gift Cards?
We have 4 Targets nearby. One had $25 Disney gift cards, one did not. I'm going to another one tonight when I pick up my new TV and Roku Stick I bought online today using the CYBER15 Code and my Target gift cards from yesterday's Disney cards (plus my RedCard, I didn't get THAT many cards!). They TV came with *another* $20 gift card making it $151 after all discounts.

I got that one too and am wondering the same thing. There's nothing in the wording that excludes gift cards, just that it's valid in store and online, but I'm not sure if reloading via the DD app counts as "online." I'll probably just try it since it's only $10 that I'd end up spending eventually anyway.

ETA: Thanks @kidsfirsttrip for letting us know this works!
I am going to try to reload through the website and not the app.

I asked for clarification and was told it only worked for the cards listed. The register isn't prompting the cashier to give a gift card. I believe Target screwed up one way or another but once I was told that, I wasn't going to pursue it.

I'm tight on time. Snagged a Target card with the $10 off at Raise. Went to buy the Disney gc online and the estimated delivery was 2 weeks (yikes!). I tried the lowest expedited shipping and it added $22 to the total (ouch!) As much as I would like to save the extra 5% I think I will have to go to the physical store and buy my cards.

I'm tight on time. Snagged a Target card with the $10 off at Raise. Went to buy the Disney gc online and the estimated delivery was 2 weeks (yikes!). I tried the lowest expedited shipping and it added $22 to the total (ouch!) As much as I would like to save the extra 5% I think I will have to go to the physical store and buy my cards.
The Disney cards I ordered today have already shipped.

The Disney cards I ordered today have already shipped.

I went back and tried again and got this message
there's a line for this item.
So sorry for the delay, but you can save your place in line by staying on this page & trying again to add the item to your cart.

Thank you for your patience!

I have a bad feeling that they are going to run out and that is why the shipping showed so long when I tried earlier

I went back and tried again and got this message
there's a line for this item.
So sorry for the delay, but you can save your place in line by staying on this page & trying again to add the item to your cart.

Thank you for your patience!

I have a bad feeling that they are going to run out and that is why the shipping showed so long when I tried earlier
Very possible!

Thanks!!!! I just order that Vanilla Mastercard and I immediately got the email from Amex saying I used the offer.

I asked for clarification and was told it only worked for the cards listed. The register isn't prompting the cashier to give a gift card. I believe Target screwed up one way or another but once I was told that, I wasn't going to pursue it.
If I had been told that I would have not insisted or thrown a fit. I would have tried another store, LOL. I just picked up 8 more cards tonight at a different store by simply asking the same thing and pointing out the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter