Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can no longer get Ebates cash back from target .com on the excluded items, such as GCs, in your order even if your order contains other qualifying items that are eligible for cash back.

You also cannot use Target GCs to pay for any order containing third-party GCs on target .com, even if you have other non-GC items in the order. These orders are returned cancelled in minutes. So as far as GCs are concerned, this means you can no longer stack Target GCs you might've bought at a discount from a reseller site, gotten for free from a rewards program or app, or from a Target promotion with your REDcard set as default payment for an additional 5% discount.

You can still use your REDcard online or in store to pay for GCs and receive 5% off the actual amount charged onto the REDcard. A 5% discount is nice, but only you can judge whether it's your "best bet."

Appreciate this info!

for people that still have gamestop gift cards, i was able to buy a southwest gift card and paid with a gamestop gift card. So i guess you can buy some gift cards still.
They also allow Disney! The problem was that they no longer allow you to buy ebay - or amazon.

I haven't been keeping up too well (so many messages on this thread!), but I wanted to confirm: I will no longer be able to buy Target e-gift cards from Cardpool/Raise and then use them on Target.com to buy Disney gift cards. Correct? I just want to make sure, as I don't want to end up with a bunch of Target cards that I don't need :-)

If this is true, then the only "easy" method that still works would be getting 5% off with the Red Card, either online or in-store. Right?

Thank you!

I haven't been keeping up too well (so many messages on this thread!), but I wanted to confirm: I will no longer be able to buy Target e-gift cards from Cardpool/Raise and then use them on Target.com to buy Disney gift cards. Correct?

Correct. You will not be able to use those Target eGCs to buy Disney GCs on target .com.

I just want to make sure, as I don't want to end up with a bunch of Target cards that I don't need :-)

You can still use discounted Target eGCs from Raise et al., Target GCs you get from Target promos, Swagbucks, Shopkicks, etc. to purchase Disney GCs in store. If you can buy Target eGCs for better than 5% off or earn Target GCs for free, spending those in store might still be better options than using your REDcard.

ETA: What I'm adding is well known, but we still see a lot of questions and posts about this. In stores, you cannot and have never been able to get an additional 5% off on purchases or that portion of a purchase paid for with GCs just because you have a REDcard. Your REDcard is not a 5% off coupon that you can wave and apply to your entire purchase. In stores, a GC and your REDcard do not stack; they are two different forms of payment. You only get 5% off that amount from your purchase that actually gets charged on your REDcard. If you use a GC in conjunction with your REDcard in stores, the GC will apply first and any excess balance not covered by the GC will be charged to the REDcard, and you only get 5% off that remaining balance.

If this is true, then the only "easy" method that still works would be getting 5% off with the Red Card, either online or in-store. Right?

Thank you!

Using the REDcard still works to get you a 5% discount on GCs online and in-store.

Last edited:

Another "easy" 5% off is if you have a Discover card right now they are offering 5% cashback at home improvement stores. Home Depot and Lowe's both usually carry Disney cards. (Have to register for the offer on your account but it's not a bad deal if you aren't close to a Target or don't want a RedCard.)

Following up on what @duffybear32830 posted...

I forgot to mention that Amex has a "Stock Up & Save" offer until 8/31/16 for a 5% statement credit on purchases of $100 or more at Home Depot, as well as another offer until 9/30/16 for a $60 statement credit after you spend $400 or more in one or more transactions in-store at Home Depot. These two offers are stackable, but I've read that the latter offer is highly targeted. It's always worth looking at your Amex offers. My Amex Gold Premier Rewards card received both, and I added both offers to my wife's AU card. We each bought $400 in Disney GCs (Home Depot sells $25 and $50 denominations) to maximize the discount at effectively 20% off. We got email confirmations that we redeemed the two offers almost immediately after leaving checkout.

Another "easy" 5% off is if you have a Discover card right now they are offering 5% cashback at home improvement stores. Home Depot and Lowe's both usually carry Disney cards. (Have to register for the offer on your account but it's not a bad deal if you aren't close to a Target or don't want a RedCard.)

Discover is also offering 5% back next quarter at Sams Club, who sells Disney gift cards at approximately 5% off - so that would be 10% total. Sams is also listed on the Discover deals portal, but terms say no cash back on gift card purchases. I think I'd try it anyway. Anyone know of a portal that pays out on Disney gift cards purchased online at Sams?

If you're a new Discover cardholder, all cash back gets doubled for your first year, so a decent deal.

Thanks everyone! Target is close by...Sam's is not. I will check my Amex offers, as I didn't realize Home Depot had Disney cards.

Discover is also offering 5% back next quarter at Sams Club, who sells Disney gift cards at approximately 5% off - so that would be 10% total. Sams is also listed on the Discover deals portal, but terms say no cash back on gift card purchases. I think I'd try it anyway. Anyone know of a portal that pays out on Disney gift cards purchased online at Sams?

If you're a new Discover cardholder, all cash back gets doubled for your first year, so a decent deal.

Right now, and I believe next quarter the Chase Freedom credit card is offering 5% rewards at Sams Club (in store) for an almost 10% discount total on the Disney cards. I don't think they exclude gift cards, but they do on petrol and alcohol.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Disney cards at Michaels craft stores, using a Michaels gift card/store credit?

OT alert:

I just feel like this thread contains most of my DIS family. I have followed and posted on this thread for going on five years....more so than any other on this forum...and I have learned so much and saved so much! It is due to my family here that I am able to take my kiddos on the most amazing trip. I have saved a ton and I thank each and every one of you who shared tips and helped me save! My dh works for a nonprofit (read: lowpay) and I stay home to homeschool 4 kids. We don't have a lot of extra income but the things I have learned over the years here, and especially in the last year, have made dream vacations possible. So thank you all!!!

We leave on Thursday and are scheduled to arrive at MCO at 6:50pm. For anyone following the weather, you know a tropical storm is also supposed to be crossing FL at the same time. Please keep us in your thoughts (and prayers) that all would be OK with the weather and that we can get in safely. I am not terribly concerned about the rain once we are there but our first couple of days were to be pool days only so that would be a huge bummer. Again, I just want to be able to get there though without too many problems.

Thanks again! I am looking forward to whatever our next savings scenarios look like. They will look different, that is for sure, but we will find a way to save and I am ready to jump in as soon as I get back :)

Last edited:
They also allow Disney! The problem was that they no longer allow you to buy ebay - or amazon.
None of the 5 GS's I visited carried Disney, that would have been great! They laughed when I asked at a couple of the stores, thinking that was odd. But, they pretty much quit allowing gc for gc purchases for most things. Couldn't do Ebay, Amazon, Southwest, or even any gas cards, which was where I was thinking I was gonna have to go but once I finally decided that they said nope, no more. Something about 'vanilla' cards could no longer be bought that way. Worked out though, as I got full value thru the amazing game trading I did for a week, lol, which was better than having to get help spending $1000 in gas over some months! Otherwise they just had various food gc's, itunes, maybe a few others but nothing I found 'useful'.

Wonder if any stores anywhere across the country are allowing any of the gc purchases 'banned' here.

@wendow
I'm excited for you! I'm wishing you very safe travels, and praying the storm weakens and doesn't impact you all too much after all the planning and looking forward to your magical trip! Hopefully you can still get in some good pool time, and have magical days in the parks! Lots of pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

To stay on topic, hopefully we'll discover some new ways of saving for our trips! I think we're going to try to buy gas cards to get some ebucks and ebates, certainly won't be as lucrative as past deals like our Target days, but still something. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out some other avenues as well! And you are right, wendow, this all definitely makes it possible to continue with our trips and always appreciate reading others thoughts on ways to make that happen!

OT alert:

I just feel like this thread contains most of my DIS family. I have followed and posted on this thread for going on five years....more so than any other on this forum...and I have learned so much and saved so much! It is due to my family here that I am able to take my kiddos on the most amazing trip. I have saved a ton and I thank each and every one of you who shared tips and helped me save! My dh works for a nonprofit (read: lowpay) and I stay home to homeschool 4 kids. We don't have a lot of extra income but the things I have learned over the years here, and especially in the last year, have made dream vacations possible. So thank you all!!!

We leave on Thursday and are scheduled to arrive at MCO at 6:50pm. For anyone following the weather, you know a tropical storm is also supposed to be crossing FL at the same time. Please keep us in your thoughts (and prayers) that all would be OK with the weather and that we can get in safely. I am not terribly concerned about the rain once we are there but our first couple of days were to be pool days only so that would be a huge bummer. Again, I just want to be able to get there though without too many problems.

Thanks again! I am looking forward to whatever our next savings scenarios look like. They will look different, that is for sure, but we will find a way to save and I am ready to jump in as soon as I get back :)
I'm leaving on Thursday, too! I've been closely following the weather forecasts and hoping for a smooth landing. Like you, we are prepared to deal with rain every day. It won't matter because we're in Disney! Have a safe and happy trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter