Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to make it through the pages of recent posts, but I saw some major problems going on with people and PayPal accounts a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what PPDG is, but it has me all scared to even use PayPal! I'm not even trying to churn gift cards or even get discounts, but I have a few programs (like ibotta, receipt hog, and one of my survey sites) that use PayPal as a redemption option. All I want to do is redeem my rewards as PayPal money, then use PayPal as a method of payment to buy Disney GCs through Target. We are only talking $50-$100 here. Am I going to have any trouble doing that? I hate just requesting money transferred from PP into my bank account, because then DH just uses it for random bills or whatever instead of it going to our Disney fund!
I don't think you should have any problems. PPDG is Paypal Digital Gifts, which is Paypal's own gift card store. That entity is being very persnickety about accepting ebay gift cards, even though they are selling their cards on ebay. It is those transactions that we have been talking about when there have been issues with Paypal. Since you are not dealing with PPDG, I think you should be OK.

I just got an email from paypal saying my account has been limited and they want me to provide some information. I haven't tried to use paypal in several weeks. I'm at the beach this week with no computer and spotty internet/phone access. My immediate concern is will this affect me using my eBucks? My plan was to buy gas cards. Any advice?

I just got an email from paypal saying my account has been limited and they want me to provide some information. I haven't tried to use paypal in several weeks. I'm at the beach this week with no computer and spotty internet/phone access. My immediate concern is will this affect me using my eBucks? My plan was to buy gas cards. Any advice?
I would provide them with nothing. If your PayPal is attached to eBay separate it. After getting home or as soon as possible attempt to use your ebucks and cash out so you don't lose what you've built using another PayPal u may have or someone else's you can use when checking out. Id even go to the lengths of using another IP address.

Stay away from PPDG. Hopefully you can do that and then call them. Some ppl have reported getting the email, giving info - which I think is a part scam on PP part to get you in their system more thoroughly to block you, then getting permanently banned.

I would provide them with nothing. If your PayPal is attached to eBay separate it. After getting home or as soon as possible attempt to use your ebucks and cash out so you don't lose what you've built using another PayPal u may have or someone else's you can use when checking out. Id even go to the lengths of using another IP address.

Stay away from PPDG. Hopefully you can do that and then call them. Some ppl have reported getting the email, giving info - which I think is a part scam on PP part to get you in their system more thoroughly to block you, then getting permanently banned.
I agree don't provide info that's how I got blocked permanantly.

I just spent my eBucks and all but $1.12 of my remaining eBay GC on Disney GCs from private sellers. I "lost" about $22 of value in the process, but since I was looking to get out of the eBay game, I was willing to take the hit. I know that I'm taking a gamble with private sellers, but since it's all "found" money, I won't be as upset as I would be if I had wasted money from a paycheck on them if they don't work out.

There's no way that I would touch PPDG at this point.

I just spent my eBucks and all but $1.12 of my remaining eBay GC on Disney GCs from private sellers. I "lost" about $22 of value in the process, but since I was looking to get out of the eBay game, I was willing to take the hit. I know that I'm taking a gamble with private sellers, but since it's all "found" money, I won't be as upset as I would be if I had wasted money from a paycheck on them if they don't work out.

There's no way that I would touch PPDG at this point.

I did the exact same thing this morning with ebucks. Used them on cardency Yard House gift cards and some other places for the siblings bdays and Xmas coming up. I've already put my shopping cash I have for gifts to vacation funds. As soon as a company starts wanting copies of bills, ssn, drivers license - no Bueno.

Did you receive a shipment confirmation? I ordered one $50 Disney GC and a small pencil bag yesterday, I received shipment email this morning.
No. Ordered Sunday. Got nothing until today. Then I got an email saying all 15 items were delayed???

BAD NEWS for GS!!!

I went today and to get some eBay cards. I did this in Friday at this store no problem. The employee even remember me. Well went I try to pay with a GC the system wouldn't allow it. He was surprised he even told the other employees and everyone was very surprised. Because he remember me, what he did for me was we made a purchase he return it as "cash" and then he loaded the eBay GC and "paid" with that cash. Obviously this was a one time thing.

So it seems that unfortunately the loop was closed for GS. It was a physical GC.
I just bought $500 on Monday at GS in the New England area. No questions, sideways glances, and no hesitation.

Your account is toast. As soon as you provide them with your personal info. They will permanently limit you and never delete your info. Don't believe the BS line that they want to prove that it is you. It is just a ploy to get your personal identifying information.

I'm thinking that this might actually be a scam and not a PPDG scam, since you haven't used your account in a while.

I'm thinking that this might actually be a scam and not a PPDG scam, since you haven't used your account in a while.
Yes! Check the email address of the sender. You can also forward the email to spoof@paypal .com to confirm whether it's a phishing email or authentic.

After reading about the recent issues with GS. I found these posts on the Gamestop reddit posted by managers:

This can vary by region, due to fraud and/or local/state laws (pawn) some locations may have to be more strict on posa cards. By the way Amazon cards were pulled and tossed as of last Friday's posa planogram update.

it will say in GSO that you absolutely cannot sell visa, gas, eBay/Amazon gift cards with trade credit, Gamestop gift cards, or any kind of credit card, not even the Gamestop one. if they want to purchase these, they must cash out or pay separately with cash/debit.

Can somebody answer how many Disney gift card you can buy in one transaction online at target? Thanks

I just bought $500 on Monday at GS in the New England area. No questions, sideways glances, and no hesitation.

I live in the south east and it was only a problem yesterday and because of the system not the employee.

After reading about the recent issues with GS. I found these posts on the Gamestop reddit posted by managers:

This can vary by region, due to fraud and/or local/state laws (pawn) some locations may have to be more strict on posa cards. By the way Amazon cards were pulled and tossed as of last Friday's posa planogram update.

it will say in GSO that you absolutely cannot sell visa, gas, eBay/Amazon gift cards with trade credit, Gamestop gift cards, or any kind of credit card, not even the Gamestop one. if they want to purchase these, they must cash out or pay separately with cash/debit.

I would imagine that if it was local laws this would have never been allowed. I truly believe they are updating the system little by little.

Can somebody answer how many Disney gift card you can buy in one transaction online at target? Thanks

It used to be 3x$100 and 4x$50 in one transaction, but Target's been redesigning its website and some people have reported being able to buy more (like 10x$100?).

I'm planning on buying some Disney GCs soon. I'm holding off because Ebates is currently giving no cash back at Target. Some people have reported recently getting cash back from Ebates on the value of the GC plus add-on item(s) again so I'm giving it a few days to see if the "trick" is back or will be removed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter