Disney 100 Years of Wonder March 2023 Exercise Thread

The TEAM is a tiny fraction of a percent away from Minnie Red!

At Walt Disney World, they're wrapping up the MK's 50th celebration. But later this year, WDW will also take part in the Disney100 celebration. Just a few days ago, on March 15, Disney confirmed that EPCOT will be the center of festivities at WDW.

Starting April 3, EPCOT will retire Harmonious and bring back Epcot Forever while they work on a new nighttime spectacular. That new show will debut sometime in the fall.

The celebration at EPCOT is scheduled to begin in "late fall 2023," and there aren't many more details. Excitingly, though, it looks like EPCOT will not be so much of a construction zone, with Journey of Water and the World Celebration neighborhood opening!

Reportedly, as the 50th celebration decorations start to come down, Disney100 decorations are going up. Recently four Disney100 displays were spotted at the Creations shop in EPCOT.

+ 165 since last post... due largely to another brutal hike with the walking group yesterday. The hike was around a lake at a county park and I had envisioned relatively flat grassy lawns with picnic tables and swings but no it was in the deep woods and constant ups and downs. A great workout with 74 zone minutes in a 90 minute walk, but I was beat the rest of the day.

1105/930... 119%

Congratulations to livih99 for turning Daisy Pink, and to me and the TEAM for turning Minnie Red!

Also at WDW, the D23 Expo scheduled for September 8-10, 2023, will celebrate 100 years of Disney. Here's D23's preliminary list of the planned events. The summary? "See Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, Cast Members, Disney Legends and luminaries in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney—and beyond!"
But I hope you already made your plans if you want to go, because tickets sold out almost immediately.

I'm thinking about getting a treadmill. Does anyone have any brand suggestions or features to look for/avoid?

Also, I have quite a few minutes to post, but I will have to return with those once I've added them up.

I'm thinking about getting a treadmill. Does anyone have any brand suggestions or features to look for/avoid?

Also, I have quite a few minutes to post, but I will have to return with those once I've added them up.
I can't recommend a brand, but I recently got a small at-your-desk walking style without the handle (because I thought I wouldn't be holding on to it if I was working) and I didn't like it at all. Too narrow and didn't feel safe. The handle may have helped.

Last edited:
Wed-3/22 - 15
Thu-3/23 - 20
Fri-3/24 - 20
Sat-3/25 - 0
Sun-3/26 - 20
Mon-3/27 - 20
----------------------
total new minutes = 95

new cumulative total = 805/840

We have a Horizon. But I really don't have a comparison to any other brands, as it's the only one we've had. I'm definitely glad we got it, though! I enjoy walking outside when the weather's nice, and I have someone to go with, but the treadmill greatly increases my odds of walking on all the other days. :rotfl2:

The features I like best are adjustable speed and incline, and that it counts the minutes and miles for me. (When I finish walking, I just snap a pic on my phone of the display, then pop the numbers into my spreadsheet/post them when I have time.)

Since we bought the treadmill, I've participated in the "walk to Disney" thread here on the DIS, so I post my treadmill minutes there as well as well as here, and I know I've walked 587 miles since we got it.

We have a NordicTrack. We got in the fall of 2020. It is the only one we have had so I don't have anything to compare it to. You can hook into their version of what Peloton does but you don't need to. We do not us that feature. I like that I can control my speed and if I want the incline.

Wow! Elizabeth Smith turns Daisy Pink, PollyannaMom turns Minnie Red, I turn Mickey Green, and the TEAM as a whole turns Mickey Green! With two days left in the month, the TEAM is already at 111% of goal!!

The overseas parks are celebrating Disney's 100th birthday as well.

Tokyo Disney Resort is focused on its own 40th anniversary celebration, which starts in April. But TDR will offer special Disney100 merchandise, and a limited-time pop-up shop called "Disney100 The Market" will tour the country.

In Hong Kong, they introduced the characters in their 100th anniversary outfits at the new Mickey & Friends Street Celebration parade (in which you can also see Oswald and Duffy and his friends!). In addition, HKDR plans to unveil a statue of Walt and Mickey seated on a bench near the carousel, to commemorate Walt's idea for a park while watching his daughters ride the carousel in Griffith Park. And of course HKDR will also offer plenty of merchandise.

Edited to add: backtracking to the U.S. parks, I just found this new guide to the Disney100 celebration at WDW. Of note, Dreamers Point in the World Celebration garden will feature a new statue of Walt Disney.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter