Disney 100 Years of Wonder March 2023 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to Oneanne on turning Pluto Purple!

It wouldn't be a Disney celebration without special merchandise, and for this celebration Disney has delivered big time, offering not one, but several special collections.

There's an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit collection, "The Eras" collection (which looks like it features Mickey Mouse), the Platinum Celebration collection, and the Disney100 Decades collections (which started with the 1920s, and presumably will release different merchandise going forward for succeeding decades).

I saw a really cute zip-up cardigan/jacket that I would have bought, but even though we were at DLR only a week after the celebration started, they only had XS and S. I hope they bring it back!

We did pick up a little something:

EDD54D98-3501-49E5-92B8-E070E41D265C.jpeg

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Goofy Orange and the TEAM for turning Pluto Purple!

On January 27, 2023, the kick-off of the Disney100 celebration at DLR, Disneyland park debuted its newest ride: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Although the ride itself is nearly (but not exactly) the same as the DHS version, the building and the queue are quite different.

MMRR is part of Disneyland's Toon Town. Thus, the ride is located inside the "El Capitoon" theater.

6BCA7568-076E-44E0-8BA3-D59290A06955.jpeg

Also, the queue is much expanded, with lots of fun stuff to see.

1C621C02-8F7B-4616-9960-63027E2B2D44.jpeg7A779DDE-C8DD-40E4-8613-4B09504C1D29.jpegC59FB298-8F3F-4CF9-8BB2-071D7AD93BC4.jpeg

Here's an article with more pictures and descriptions of the queue and ride.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Goofy Orange and the TEAM for turning Pluto Purple!

On January 27, 2023, the kick-off of the Disney100 celebration at DLR, Disneyland park debuted its newest ride: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Although the ride itself is nearly (but not exactly) the same as the DHS version, the building and the queue are quite different.

MMRR is part of Disneyland's Toon Town. Thus, the ride is located inside the "El Capitoon" theater.

View attachment 746899

Also, the queue is much expanded, with lots of fun stuff to see.

View attachment 746900View attachment 746901View attachment 746902

Here's an article with more pictures and descriptions of the queue and ride.
Okay, my jaw dropped when I saw the queue pics. This is one of our favorite rides at HS, but the queue is not this fun. Need to try this one someday!

Congratulations to Oneanne on turning Pluto Purple!

It wouldn't be a Disney celebration without special merchandise, and for this celebration Disney has delivered big time, offering not one, but several special collections.

There's an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit collection, "The Eras" collection (which looks like it features Mickey Mouse), the Platinum Celebration collection, and the Disney100 Decades collections (which started with the 1920s, and presumably will release different merchandise going forward for succeeding decades).

I saw a really cute zip-up cardigan/jacket that I would have bought, but even though we were at DLR only a week after the celebration started, they only had XS and S. I hope they bring it back!

We did pick up a little something:

View attachment 746312
Love this ornament!

Congratulations to me for turning Pluto Purple and to Twilight Sparkle for skipping pink and jumping right to Minnie Red!

Minnie Mouse made her debut in 1928, first in Plane Crazy and then in Steamboat Willie. That means she and Mickey are exactly the same age. In Steamboat Willie, her voice was provided by Walt Disney himself!

At DLR, it may not be precisely FOR the Disney100 Celebration, but the reimagined Mickey's Toontown opens today! And just a few weeks ago the Disneyland park brought back the Magic Happens parade, which only showed for about two weeks before the COVID closure started in March 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter