DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

We aren't on a perpetual vacation down here. It's also end of the school year for many with kids. Locals are actually at a disadvantage as we are trying to mix in life with everyone coming down. while I do agree that most of these official events had nothing to do with contracts from disney and should have been listed months ago, at least all you need to do is shift around some existing plans. We need to do things like change work schedules, or just miss entirely because life comes first.

I think it's hard for everyone. People outside Orlando had to make hotel, plane and vacation arrangements without sign ups or updates.
But I can't believe that for those of us cross country we can sign up now for an event and that those in Orlando are at some "disadvantage."
Respectfully, that isn't so. We have every work, school and life complication you do but 6 days' notice and 2,000 miles to overcome!
It and the criteria for Patreon should have been forthcoming months ago.

Last edited:
Link to Pirates Movie sign-up and Grand I auction have been added to first post. These forms will not go 'live' until Monday 5/22/2017 10PM Eastern time but the links are available now. Emails will still be sent to all registrants.

Thanks for this. Now to stay up until 10:00 PM... :)

I 10,000% agree with you.

I think it's hard for everyone. People outside Orlando had to make hotel, plane and vacation arrangements without sign ups or updates.
But I can't believe that for those of cross country we can sign up now for an event and that those in Orlando are at some "disadvantage."
Respectfully, that isn't so. We have every work, school and life complication you do but 6 days' notice and 2,000 miles to overcome!

I agree it's hard for everyone for different reasons. I think saying locals have nothing but advantages is an overstatement and I get your frustration right now. We both have challenges and different advantages and disadvantages and I think that's a fair way to put it. Local doesn't make it easier, especially with how much of this economy comes from tourism and it's opening week of summer season at the same time.

I'll be more than happy to buy the first round somewhere when your hear to chat more if you have a spot that it might fit.

Last edited:
So glad to see everything coming together!

@WebmasterJohn I have a couple of questions if you have a minute to spare! :)

Are credentials only specifically required for the party event? Or would we need them if we manage to snag a spot for the PotC screening? We won't be arriving on property until the 30th, and if credential pick up started at 9 we'd gladly make the pit stop over by the Boardwalk after cabbing to CBR from Intl Driveway, but as it starts at 10 AM and the movie meet up is at 9:30 AM, well, I think you can see where I'm going with that ;)

Also, if I registered myself and my wife together for the event, will using the registration ID code I received be sufficient to sign us up for two spots in one shot or will we need to grab the spots one at a time?

I can't believe how lucky you all are!! Since I am a teacher, and from NY...our school year does not end until the end of June. There is no way I could make this event and it seems to be gaining momentum and getting better each week! To all have fun and enjoy! Sounds like a total blast...I will be reviewing with my students for the Regents and the Biology SAT II exam. :crazy2:

Enjoy:cloud9:...now to start figuring out how I can retire early so I don't miss events like this in the future!

Question about watching the Happily Ever After show... if we are in Town Square, do you think we will be able to see the castle projections?

On the "un"official thread and the related Facebook group there have been some carpooling being arranged for after the party so I got in one of those cars. (here is the link to the Facebook group if you want to join and then there is a file for "transportation" that has the car pooling ..... https://www.facebook.com/groups/441752162840820/)

Thanks for the info. I seemed to have forgotten all about getting transportation after the event. and it;s all closed now. Hopefully someone in the group has a solution for us.

Thanks for the info. I seemed to have forgotten all about getting transportation after the event. and it;s all closed now. Hopefully someone in the group has a solution for us.

If you check the group I bet you can find something - what resort are you staying at?

Worse case scenario you could exit out of the International Gateway and walk to a resort there and get an Uber from there

If you check the group I bet you can find something - what resort are you staying at?

Worse case scenario you could exit out of the International Gateway and walk to a resort there and get an Uber from there

We'll be at POR. And yeah, that was my fallback plan, trudging to Boardwalk and getting a cab or Uber.

FYI, last night during the Disneyland Podcast, Tom mentioned that the DL team was looking to do an official meet up on Wednesday, the 31st. Tom indicated it would probably be in the morning, but he didn't indicate the location or specific time.
Here ya go if you hadn't already seen this.
Just added the Disneyland team meet-up.
Maybe I'll see you there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter