Dining plan split stay

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are going this summer with my family, including myself, DH, DD7 and DS9.
It’s our last time before our 9yo is considered a Disney adult so we are going to be doing a lot of character meals.
We are thinking of getting the dining plan for the first two legs of our triple split stay (3 nights beach club, 3 nights poly, 2 nights Boardwalk; we are DVC and wanted to try different resorts)
we did the math and it works 😜

We are thinking of doing Hollywood and Vine lunch or dinner with Fantasmic dining package on the second night, CRT dinner on the third (2 credits) then Ohana or 1900 park fare breakfast on the 4th morning (resort switch day).

Assuming we get all those reservations, will we be able to use the dining plan sit down credit from our second reservation for breakfast and then the quick service dining plan fron our first resetvation for dinner?

otherwise, we might just switch the second dinner to Garden Grill and do CRT (2 credits) on the second leg of our stay…

i dont know if it makes any sense, but I would love to hear your thoughts on this split stay situation and couldnt find the answer anywhere else!

No, You wont able to use any credit from your second reservation until you’ve used EVERY credit from the first one (snacks and meal credits)

Excuse me if I understood you wrong, but you don't get the DDP credits added to your account until you check in to each resort and the credits from each individual booking expire at midnight on the day you check out. In theory you can use the first reservation's credit for dinner on check out day, but I don't believe your second stay's credit are activated at breakfast time on the day of check in.

No, You wont able to use any credit from your second reservation until you’ve used EVERY credit from the first one (snacks and meal credits)
OP excuse me for hijacking your thread but wanted to ask HairyChest a question if possible. We have free dining plan with our frist resort (8 night POR) but not on our second resort on rented DVC (5 nights Poly). I had planned to use the last of the dining credits in the evening of POR check out day as they are valid until midnight. Is this still okay after Poly check in at 4pm?

TIA

OP excuse me for hijacking your thread but wanted to ask HairyChest a question if possible. We have free dining plan with our frist resort (8 night POR) but not on our second resort on rented DVC (5 nights Poly). I had planned to use the last of the dining credits in the evening of POR check out day as they are valid until midnight. Is this still okay after Poly check in at 4pm?

TIA
Yes you will be able to use the credits
You may not be able to see them in your account but they are still there and can be used up till midnight

TIA
And if you don't see the credits and are asked to pay, make sure you put the charges on your magicband, NOT a credit card. Then stop at the front desk at Poly that evening and have them handle it.

TIA
Yes you will be able to use the credits
You may not be able to see them in your account but they are still there and can be used up till midnight

And if you don't see the credits and are asked to pay, make sure you put the charges on your magicband, NOT a credit card. Then stop at the front desk at Poly that evening and have them handle it.
Answered beautifully 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter