DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Tuesday, DisDads!
Here in the Midwest, we don't have hurricanes, so I don't want to pretend to understand what anyone in Irma's path has gone through.
And while there has been flooding, I personally haven't been affected by flooding, so again, I don't pretend to understand.

But significantly less major in the grand scheme of things, I got an email reminding me to customize my magic bands for our trip in October.

Loading up the Minivan for a whirlwind trip. We leave Thursday when school lets out, we'll arrive in Orlando (we drive) at around 9:00 a.m. or so local time after an overnight drive. We're doing MNSSHP, and then sleep. Then Hoop-Dee-Do on Saturday night, then drive home Sunday.

We're crazy. But, I'm posting this note on a message board entirely populated by other Disney fans, so it somehow seems less crazy.

Those 10 hour drives are rough. We did that for the last decade, and it got more difficult each year I was older. We are considering flying this year. MNSSHP and HDDR are fun. Have a great trip.

Mornings Guys,

Another beautiful day up here north of the border. Our Jazz and Blues festival kicks off today, lots of great shows all over the downtown area. Some are free, some are paid shows. Luckily we get invited by one of the sponsors every year for one of the big shows on Friday night, free food and booze makes for an even better festival.

Have a good one.

Morning folks. :hug: for the people down south.
Another beautiful day here. Yesterday we hit 94. Think it was a record.

No, that was Irma.

That's incredible. A great picture of the sheer size of that storm.

St John was my favorite part of our 25th anniversary cruse (you know, the one that I ain't getting written up). It was just drop dead gorgeous, and we'd all but decided that we wanted to go back and stay there specifically at some point. We'll have to wait and see how bad the damage is but being mostly a national park with limited development, I'm hoping that it will recover a bit faster then some of the other islands. There certainly should be a lot less debris and contamination to deal with, so nature might be able to rebuild fairly quick.

I've had some friends who have been there and rave about it. It's always been on the bucket list. Sounds like many of the homes and businesses took it on the chin, though. Hard not to in a storm like that.

Happy Wednesday. Binge watching Walking Dead Season 7 on Netflix. I've struggled the most with it this season. The whole struggle with humanity thing is a lot harder to buy this season. Still, i can't seem to stop watching.

Mornings Guys,

Another beautiful day up here north of the border. Our Jazz and Blues festival kicks off today, lots of great shows all over the downtown area. Some are free, some are paid shows. Luckily we get invited by one of the sponsors every year for one of the big shows on Friday night, free food and booze makes for an even better festival.

Have a good one.

Free food and free booze sound great.

Morning folks. :hug: for the people down south.
Another beautiful day here. Yesterday we hit 94. Think it was a record.

Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? :lmao: We were only in the 70s yesterday. I'm ready for summer weather.

Happy Thursday. 23 days for Fall Break. I can smell the ocean now. Or, maybe that's my lunch. Watched Dr. Strange with DW on Netflix last night. She enjoyed it.

Celsius. Everyone spontaneously burst into flames. It was pretty to see.

That would have been something. Glad you survived. :furious:

A slightly different take of the idea of the Burning Man Festival...

::yes::

It's a nice change from our customary freezing to death.

And, back to the Canadian penguin discussion. :lmao:

We're headed to the coast mid next week for a bit.
Things are probably fine along the Grand Strand but I'll let you know what it looks like when we get down there.
We were down at Ocean Isle this weekend (one of the Southern NC beaches) and it didn't look like they were going to get much. On the southern end of the Strand Charleston was dealing with flooding stuff, but I wouldn't expect that there's much damage in the Grand Strand.

Pirate Princess posted on FB that CJ and the pooch are all good and safe . Some minimal damage but other than now cell or wifi / power they are good.

That's great to hear. I've been worried about him.

I can smell the ocean now. Or, maybe that's my lunch.
Sushi for lunch, then?

Watched Dr. Strange with DW on Netflix last night. She enjoyed it.
A not so ringing endorsement...
Don't know if I'll get to that one or not.

I actually wore..... a leather jacket for most of that day. :laughing:
Got'a get that bike out of the garage while the weather is cooperating.
(even if only just barely)

We were down at Ocean Isle this weekend (one of the Southern NC beaches) and it didn't look like they were going to get much. On the southern end of the Strand Charleston was dealing with flooding stuff, but I wouldn't expect that there's much damage in the Grand Strand.
That's how I figure it as well.
We stay down toward the bottom end of the Strand but I'm sure things are in good shape there.
Though it does look like excursion down to Charleston are probably not the best notion this time around.

After 4 days the power is back on. FPL says everyone should be back up Sunday night at the latest (excluding the Keys). Saw for the first time the devastation in Key West. Incredibly sad. Thinking about everyone in Key Largo, hoping they made it through OK.

After 4 days the power is back on. FPL says everyone should be back up Sunday night at the latest (excluding the Keys). Saw for the first time the devastation in Key West. Incredibly sad. Thinking about everyone in Key Largo, hoping they made it through OK.

Glad to hear from you cj.

Good to know you're okay.
I was really concerned about the keys. I remember all my trips up & down the keys, the highest point I recalled was maybe 10 feet above sea level. After some research, I found out it was 18 feet (hill on key west).. I remember saying before they said it on the news...there is no place in the keys that will be safe. I'm actually very surprised (pleasantly) anyone who didn't evacuate survived. I was actually expecting some of the bridges to be taken out by the storm surge. It's better than I thought it would be, but still far from good.

My apologies for your sufferings caused by the Bears - try being a life long Bears fan - oh for the days of Ditka.
Yep, been following the bears since about 84, so just caught the glory year. I still have my Singletary jersey. I met Coach Ditka in the Nordstrom in Chicago, he was buying a coat. He was pretty friendly, and found it amusing I was from London and supported the bears.
Friday night, free food and booze makes for an even better festival.
Well that works.
After 4 days the power is back on.
nice to hear from you mate. welcome back.

I actually wore..... a leather jacket for most of that day. :laughing:

:laughing:

Leather jackets are good for stopping heat Celsius combustion and cold, penguin winters. :sad2:

Sushi for lunch, then?

A not so ringing endorsement...
Don't know if I'll get to that one or not

It was good. It would have been better on the big screen. She doesn't like most any of the Marvel movies, but humors me by going to see them. I talk to her about inconsistencies in plot lines from the movie and comic books, and she tells me to shut up. I didn't read many Dr Strange comics growing up, maybe only when he made an appearance on another I would read. She didn't like Guardian of Galaxy, which is why she waited to see this one. It does have an infinity stone, if you are following that story line.

Dr. Strange was the actor who played the new Kahn in the Star Trek reboot. He did a really good job. And, my Canadian sweet heart Rachel McAdams is in it, although not long enough and wearing too many clothes. :sad2:

Glad your back. Lots of damage. Hope your friends down there are ok.

Nice to see you back on the boards. Very sad the damage in some parts

Dr. Strange was the actor who played the new Kahn in the Star Trek reboot. He did a really good job. And, my Canadian sweet heart Rachel McAdams is in it, althoughur not long enough and wearing too many clothes. :sad2:
I thought he did a good job playing Dr. Strange, but I didn't enjoy the movie as much as the other Marvel ones. Rachel, yes.

Welcome back Cj, glad to see you are OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter