DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon chaps from a overcast London. Had Ribs marinated and ready to smoke, but its far too cold and drizzly, so off to the oven they go. Looking forward to the first Sunday of the football (yours) season. Have a great day all.

A long day at the church this morning. Sadly, even though there is a staff of less than 10, people just still don't want to work together. One of my classrooms was filled with unclaimed silent auction prizes from the picnic yesterday. I guess no one can read the calendar posted on the door, or realize that Sunday follows Saturday during the week. So, I unloaded the room and the first class finished. The adult group started a few hours later, and while I was at my desk, they loaded the stuff back into the room. I'm not sure why it has to be so difficult. :sad2:

Afternoon chaps from a overcast London. Had Ribs marinated and ready to smoke, but its far too cold and drizzly, so off to the oven they go. Looking forward to the first Sunday of the football (yours) season. Have a great day all.

Sounds terrific. We had a chicken n dressing casserole for lunch, and now watching the Falcons vs Bears game.

Sounds terrific. We had a chicken n dressing casserole for lunch, and now watching the Falcons vs Bears game.
Very nice. Looks like I've got another season of watching the bears galactically fail......At least we didn't toss up any picks today. Seahawks/Packers are on over here.

Very nice. Looks like I've got another season of watching the bears galactically fail......At least we didn't toss up any picks today. Seahawks/Packers are on over here.

NFL does tv markets over here. So, I'm stuck with Bears, Titans, or Colts. Not bad when they are playing a good team or are a good team every decade or so, but stinks the rest of the time.

NFL does tv markets over here. So, I'm stuck with Bears, Titans, or Colts. Not bad when they are playing a good team or are a good team every decade or so, but stinks the rest of thie time.
So they are the only teams you can watch all season?

Only when they are playing at home. CBS carries AFC home games, and Fox carries NFC home games. So, if the Bears had been playing at Atlanta, I would have got Seahawks/ Packers.
You're not missing much, this is one for the purists....

You're not missing much, this is one for the purists....

Did get St. Louis Rams before they moved to LA. Fun team to watch with Kurt Warner.

I've moved away from NFL, ever since they started the suspensions. They suspend some players immediately, and others get to play while appeals are litigated, or not considered during playoffs but added to regular season the following year. Saints' coach suspended for bountygate, which was later proved to not be true. Bellicheck not suspended for Spygate, which was proved to be true and even more pervasive than just one game of signals. Don't know if the NFL is intentionally fixing games or just incompetent.

Last edited:
Did get St. Louis Rams before they moved to LA. Fun team to watch with Kurt Warner.

I've moved away from NFL, ever since they started the suspensions. They suspend some players immediately, and others get to play while appeals are litigated, or not considered during playoffs but added to regular season the following year. Saints' coach suspended for bountygate, which was later proved to not be true. Bellicheck not suspended for Spygate, which was proved to be true and even more pervasive than just one game of signals. Don't know if the NFL is intentionally fixing games or just incompetent.
I think it's both. They care about one thing...MONEY. If they have to fix a game or be incompetent to make more money, well okay. I'll stick with baseball. Aside from horrible ball/strike calling, the umpires can't change the game too much.

Lost power for about an hour and it just came back. Now back to football.

Hopefully the bag of wind keeps going west. Predictions right now are Cat. 1 or 2 here because it is so big but the west coast is going to get hit hard. Feel bad for them.
Glad to hear you're okay CJ. I was expecting it to be worse there. I know the keys got slammed pretty badly.
My brother said they lost power 11;50 last night, but otherwise, seem to all be okay.

Cool helmet as well.
Bellicheck not suspended for Spygate, which was proved to be true and even more pervasive than just one game of signals. Don't know if the NFL is intentionally fixing games or just incompetent.
There does seem to be a degree of leniency against particular teams in the league....

Morning Guys,

Looks like we are in for a pretty nice week up here; I hope all of you along the storms track are as lucky and start with the cleanup. Looks like a lo of flooding in the Miami area, hope Cj escaped the worst of it.

I think it's both. They care about one thing...MONEY. If they have to fix a game or be incompetent to make more money, well okay. I'll stick with baseball. Aside from horrible ball/strike calling, the umpires can't change the game too much.

Baseball is the best game to watch on TV, it moves so slow you don't have to pay close attention. I don't remember the last time I watched a game without doing something else at the same time.

Morning all. Seems like Florida is still on the map this morning. Saw pictures of the wind damage, and while it is bad, seems far less than it could have been.

Agreed. I do wish the MLB would stop this replay crap, another area where the NFL is fixing games. Either everything is review-able, or nothing is.

There does seem to be a degree of leniency against particular teams in the league....

And players. Maybe they should just start carrying steel chairs on the football field and stop for speeches in between plays. But, football is designed for tv coverage and commercials and that's why it's more popular than soccer here.

Baseball is the best game to watch on TV, it moves so slow you don't have to pay close attention. I don't remember the last time I watched a game without doing something else at the same time.

Baseball games are so much fun to watch in person. Not sure why a hot dog and beer taste that much better at a ball park, but they do. Never got to a pro soccer game live yet, but maybe one day. Well, if we consider MLS pro soccer.

I guess Dan and the Londonites consider Jacksonville Jaguars to be pro football. :lmao:

Baseball games are so much fun to watch in person. Not sure why a hot dog and beer taste that much better at a ball park, but they do. Never got to a pro soccer game live yet, but maybe one day. Well, if we consider MLS pro soccer.

I agree with about watching baseball live, so much better than on TV. I would rather listen to a game on the radio than watch it on TV.

I guess Dan and the Londonites consider Jacksonville Jaguars to be pro football. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Morning Gents, happy (?) Monday. Thinking of CJ and those in the South today. Saw reports of heavy wind and rain in Orlando but hopefully not much damage. I did see a picture of a tree down at the Poly.

Excelent way to describe baseball. I'm a very casual fan and often put on a game on TV in the background.

Only in the sense that they get paid for what they do.
Well, if we consider MLS pro soccer.
Only in the sense that they get paid to do what they do. MLS would struggle in our third tier. So kinda like the Jags.....
Never got to a pro soccer game live yet, but maybe one day.
Come to London mate, I'll take you to West Ham. That's a promise. There is 13 of us. And beer. And Shake Shack. Which is where I'm going tonight.
Come on you Irons! (We're gonna lose and the manager is going to be sacked in the morning)

Only in the sense that they get paid for what they do.

Only in the sense that they get paid to do what they do. MLS would struggle in our third tier. So kinda like the Jags.....

Come to London mate, I'll take you to West Ham. That's a promise. There is 13 of us. And beer. And Shake Shack. Which is where I'm going tonight.
Come on you Irons! (We're gonna lose and the manager is going to be sacked in the morning)

I'm not a pro soccer player like Darcy, but I can see the difference between the quality of MLS vs Premier League when watching on TV. It would be great to fly to London and watch a game. Maybe one day when I win the lottery.

I'm not a pro soccer player like Darcy, but I can see the difference between the quality of MLS vs Premier League when watching on TV. It would be great to fly to London and watch a game. Maybe one day when I win the lottery.

Well some of us play soccer, some of us play tennis.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter