DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I stop in to say hello and I have to follow this post from Mark??? talk about walking into a stinky situation

Last edited:
Another visit to the dentist today. Wow, 3 hours in the chair. Quick visit next week and I'm out of there for a while. Pretty much shot the day.

Afternoon from DaWorld! Hope all are doing well - prayers and congrats to those that need them. Northern Dads stay safe with that weather

Looks like you guys are having fun. Wonder why?

Happy Tuesday. Both dds home sick with strep. Well, one has strep and both are sick, so the dr just treated both of them for the same thing.

Ouch, hope they get over it soon. Look at it this way, better now then in a couple of weeks. How many days now?

Not complaining as we are at DaWorld but I think Darcy left the northern door open when he was here. Cold and windy in the 40's for final Wishes show for our family last night and freeze warning for overnight tonight - I swear Seven Seas lagoon has white caps this morning :rotfl:Prayers for those up north hit by the storms and its in the 20's back home so I think we will survive her.

And they closed the water parks. Disney never shows any commercials of people riding Splash Mountain wearing jackets. I say false advertising and you should demand your money back.

We were fairly unscathed. Got more warm air mixed in with the storm than they expected, so we had some ice, some downed wires and trees, and that's about it. Now we can get on with spring.

At least you (and not the kids of course) got to play with the truck. Glad it wasn't as bad as expected.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

What.... is your name?

What.... is your quest?

What.... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

We saw Spamalot on our last night in London. It was a great way to end our trip to Europe.

Last edited:
Not complaining as we are at DaWorld but I think Darcy left the northern door open when he was here. Cold and windy in the 40's for final Wishes show for our family last night and freeze warning for overnight tonight - I swear Seven Seas lagoon has white caps this morning :rotfl:Prayers for those up north hit by the storms and its in the 20's back home so I think we will survive her.

It was about 90F when we left, it wasn't me that left the door open.

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Sitting in the Ottawa airport, fun times.

I hear there is a tree down in our backyard; at least that was the message I got about 11 last night. I guess we had some wind to go with the snow.

I hear there is a tree down in our backyard; at least that was the message I got about 11 last night. I guess we had some wind to go with the snow.

Hope it didn't land on anything and is just waiting to be firewood.

the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Right, off you go.

But are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Not at all! They could be carried.

Not complaining as we are at DaWorld but I think Darcy left the northern door open when he was here. Cold and windy in the 40's for final Wishes show for our family last night and freeze warning for overnight tonight - I swear Seven Seas lagoon has white caps this morning
Wow, I have never experienced that kind of weather down there. But as they say, as cold day at Disney is better than a cold day at home. Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

We were fairly unscathed. Got more warm air mixed in with the storm than they expected, so we had some ice, some downed wires and trees, and that's about it. Now we can get on with spring.
So no Dukes of Hazzard type stuff through the snow in your nifty truck?

I stop in to say hello and I have to follow this post from Mark??? talk about walking into a stinky situation
We've all had to follow Mark's stink from time to time. You get used to it.

Another visit to the dentist today. Wow, 3 hours in the chair. Quick visit next week and I'm out of there for a while. Pretty much shot the day.
Ouch. The dentist, one of my least favourite people.

Morning Guys.

Back in the office, only a couple of meetings to worry about today. Other than that it is time to get caught up.

But are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Not at all! They could be carried.

I think they are being shipped UPS.

Hope it didn't land on anything and is just waiting to be firewood.

Took out the clothesline but nothing else.

Wow, I have never experienced that kind of weather down there. But as they say, as cold day at Disney is better than a cold day at home. Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

Were there in late December a few years ago. The nights were getting to to just below the freezing level and I had to by a fleece jacket for our evening park visits.

Good morning all. Things are back to normal now that my new phone is here and stuff transferred back on it. This time, I was smart enough to get a sd card and load pictures and photos there. My contacts are already synced to my email, so now worries there.

Reece's? All the best to the young 'uns.

Not just one bag of candy in this household. I didn't get fat without trying. Reece's peanut butter eggs, Cadbury candy coated eggs for DW, and Hershey eggs for dd. And yes, there is a dad tax associated with all bags. :lmao:

Too bad to hear they are sick, hopefully they feel better soon. But probably not all that surprising considering the wild swings in temperature you guys have had lately.

With 800+ DISDads you would think we could all chip in and get that Golden Oaks clubhouse done. In the meantime, I have no problem being butler to a Brit family. So if anyone is offering the job....

Thanks. The problem with that 800 DisDad is figuring out the Golden Oak rotation, and who gets which bathroom when. :eek:

Thanks. DW and DS won't stand for pictures anymore so I have to get creative.

Mine know they have to get photos as they go on the trip reports. They usually say stuff like, DisDads again? :sad2:

That sounds cold. Yeah, DW had to buy hoodies one year at WDW since it dropped to the frigid cold temps of 60 in the evening. It couldn't have been an excuse to buy anything ..... :lmao:

Prayers for the girls that they recover quickly and you and the DW stay free of it.

Thanks.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Have a good afternoon. That is all.

Ni! I'm going to Castle Anthrax to face the peril.

Last edited:

Crop dusted by Mark? I'm sure DDCC was a lot worse than that, especially in the morning after those big meals at Ohana. Don't nobody go in the bathroom for 35-45 minutes. :lmao:

Ouch, hope they get over it soon. Look at it this way, better now then in a couple of weeks. How many days now?

. e.

Thanks. The dentist doesn't sound like fun. We still have two more weeks. :eek:

Sitting in the Ottawa airport, fun times.

Hope there is no damage.

On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

I'm still taking Castle Anthrax over parking my camper in your front yard. :lmao:

Morning boys! Hope all is well and things are starting to warm up for you. Been a rough week here trying to re-acclimate myself to post-Disney vacation trauma. I've been able to get a few things done this morning and get to look forward to meetings from 11 AM this morning until about 4 PM. This is going to be a productive day...

Tourney Time. Just got off a conference call and I am done for today. This time of year my productivity goes way down. Gators play ETSU around 3:00. They are riding a losing streak so many pundits are picking the upset.

Took out the clothesline but nothing else.

Who needs clean clothes anyway.

Good morning all. Things are back to normal now that my new phone is here and stuff transferred back on it.

Don't drop it.

LOL, when I was posting to Facebook while on the trip usually one of them would reply to me seconds later, "One of them has replied already?"

Yea, same from my kid. She thinks you are a bunch of likable nut jobs. And she met a bunch of you so it can be confirmed.

Ever since my little hospital stay a few years ago, I find I can't tolerate cold weather. Nice outside but cold in the house so for the second time I had to pull the space heater out again after putting it in the closet for the "winter." Nice and toasty right now.

Since the Dads didn't do a bracket this year I filled out an ESPN one for the first time. After the early games, I only missed the Vandy/Northwestern game. Currently tied at 1.4 millionth place in their pool. Tough crowd.

Enjoying life right now. Gators won, the remote has new batteries, the family room is warm and only 1.4 million people ahead of me at ESPN's pic 'em. Plus, about to have a bourbon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter