DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Oh, there's alcohol. We're just not allowed to sit and drink it in the stands. We can drink it the concourse, but not if we are looking at the game. So it's a really effective law.....:rolleyes1

Hope your day gets better mate

And I imagine no one sneaks alcohol into the stadium either, or shows up already drunk from the liquor in their car. Do they have tailgating for football games like we so for our football games?
Top O the Mornin Dads! 1 down and only 4 more to go. Starting to layout packing for the trip as I have to go from Orlando at end of vacation to Switzerland for a week long business trip so have to pack for a couple of weeks of travel. Have a good one.

Enjoy your trip after vacation. Any chance you get another vacation in Switzerland? After your son moves on to college, any plans for the Mrs to join you on these trips?

Starting to layout packing for the trip as I have to go from Orlando at end of vacation to Switzerland for a week long business trip so have to pack for a couple of weeks of travel.
Sounds like a nice stretch of travel there, even if part is for work. I'd love to get to Switzerland one day. I've always liked the Alps. And cheese. And army knives. That's about all there is in Switzerland, right?

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 Days (I know you guys are tired of hearing it). Have a good one.
Enjoy your trip after vacation. Any chance you get another vacation in Switzerland? After your son moves on to college, any plans for the Mrs to join you on these trips?
Trip is all work and at 12-14 hour work days. DS is in college, freshmen year (yep 2 at same time) but without much free time doesn't make sense to bring DW with as she would love to go but not a fan of going off on her own to see things.
Sounds like a nice stretch of travel there, even if part is for work. I'd love to get to Switzerland one day. I've always liked the Alps. And cheese. And army knives. That's about all there is in Switzerland, right?
And a lot of rich people and high costs.

And I imagine no one sneaks alcohol into the stadium either, or shows up already drunk from the liquor in their car. Do they have tailgating for football games like we so for our football games?
There are bars inside and outside the stadium, we just can't take it with us onto the seats to drink. Its nuts. Everyone tends to meet in the pub, there is no real tailgating culture, goes to the game, has a beer before, a beer at half time and you do whatever after the game. So you have the same amount as you would as if you were watching and drinking.
Chocolate?
Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 Days (I know you guys are tired of hearing it). Have a good one.
Nah, looking forward to seeing the updates. If one of us is there, all of us are there.

Afternoon guys. Been a while since I took a long look into the clubhouse, needless to say things are crazy right now. Second favorite time on my sports' calendar is approaching. TOURNEY TIME! Florida will be at the dance but I am not sure how far they are going to advance.

Mmmm...Shake Shack. We just had one open near us. I'd never tried it before, but I loved the food. The prices, not so much. But the food was good.

We have one near me across from the UM campus. Only went there once. Need to do something to correct that.

Yeah, but nothing like a hot dog and a beer at an outdoor a baseball game. Not sure why, even though it is way overpriced. Must be the memories.

How very true. Some of my best baseball memories were in minor league parks. The smell of dogs sizzling on the grill. "Is this heaven?"

Agreed. Baseballs pace is also much more suited to snackage opportunities. And at football we are not allowed to drink in the stands due to our predeliction for "opening a can of whoop a$$" on each other, to borrow an American phrase.

They have trouble at English football games? I heard that was a myth.

Oh, there's alcohol. We're just not allowed to sit and drink it in the stands. We can drink it the concourse, but not if we are looking at the game. So it's a really effective law.....:rolleyes1

These quaint English customs. I am sure our Founding Fathers put the ban on drinking in your seat as a grievance in the Declaration of Independence.

Top O the Mornin Dads! 1 down and only 4 more to go. Starting to layout packing for the trip as I have to go from Orlando at end of vacation to Switzerland for a week long business trip so have to pack for a couple of weeks of travel. Have a good one.

Our happy wanderer. Years ago driving to Italy I stayed one night in this little town on Lake Lugano. Beautiful.

I saw the Miami-Dade County jail located in the stadium. And no, it was not as a guest. Real jail with real bars. The overflow area were benches with hand and leg cuffs. I am sure that baby is full every Jets or Pats game.

We Southerners know how to tailgate at a football game. Ribs and chicken in the smoker, the tangy aroma of bourbon everywhere. Damn Norm, you are making me hungry.

Nope, never. The guys down there seem to be enjoying themselves and hope you do the same. Just wish I had a ticker that was closer than January.

Chocolate?
Ah yes, Swiss chocolate, how could I forget that one. Yes, another reason to want to visit.

We Southerners know how to tailgate at a football game. Ribs and chicken in the smoker, the tangy aroma of bourbon everywhere. Damn Norm, you are making me hungry.
I've never experienced a proper tailgate. It sounds like a great time. Our Canadian version at hockey games pales in comparison - a double double and a box of Timbits in the back seat. (too bad Darcy is not around to translate that for you :tongue:)

Happy Wednesday evening. Had a staff meeting at the new job today, my first one there. Starting to get it figured out and gave back one of my duties as I didn't have enough job hours to cover it. And, they didn't fire me, so I guess that is a good sign. It seems like most of my hours will be on Sundays and Thursday evenings, with Friday administrative time to plan everything else. Of course that schedule works well until big functions require me to change it. The extra money is decent, not great. More importantly, I actually feel like I helped someone.

Blondes? No, that's Sweden.
Cannabis. No, that's Denmark.
Trying to compare scale economies and land mass? No, that's Bernie Sanders. :lmao:

Trip is all work and at 12-14 hour work days. DS is in college, freshmen year (yep 2 at same time) but without much free time doesn't make sense to bring DW with as she would love to go but not a fan of going off on her own to see things.

I'd just leave your old a$$ at work and go drinking and have a great time. Which is why you don't invite me on these trips. :lmao:

I get the reason though.

There are bars inside and outside the stadium, we just can't take it with us onto the seats to drink. Its nuts. Everyone tends to meet in the pub, there is no real tailgating culture, goes to the game, has a beer before, a beer at half time and you do whatever after the game. So you have the same amount as you would as if you were watching and drinking.

Good to see you all have as stupid of laws as we do. Going off the pitch, we can't buy alcohol on Sunday unless you're at a restaurant. But, you can get super slobber knocking drunk at the restaurant. Or, buy 10 cases on Saturday to drink all day Sunday. Yeah, good laws. :sad2:

How very true. Some of my best baseball memories were in minor league parks. The smell of dogs sizzling on the grill. "Is this heaven?"

Yes, almost tourney time. I'm going with UK to win it as all usual, well, they should the SEC tourney at least. I am hungry too. Let's go to the super mega BBQ buffet and then waddle into the bourbon bar.

I've never experienced a proper tailgate. It sounds like a great time. Our Canadian version at hockey games pales in comparison - a double double and a box of Timbits in the back seat. (too bad Darcy is not around to translate that for you :tongue:)

More translation issues. Why can't this board be in English? At least there aren't too many uuuuu!!! :rotfl:

Top O the Mornin and happy Friday Eve Dads! DD headed to airport this a.m. to fly out to SD to see her guy for her spring break trip. 2 more days - I will try to post some pics here as I am not yet a FB person. Have a good one gents.
More importantly, I actually feel like I helped someone.
Nice :thumbsup2

Been a while since I took a long look into the clubhouse
They have trouble at English football games? I heard that was a myth
Welcome back buddy. Not a myth. Unfortunately. Some grounds are better than others.
These quaint English customs. I am sure our Founding Fathers put the ban on drinking in your seat as a grievance in the Declaration of Independence
I'm pretty sure this would have been excluded under the 8th Amendment. It is cruel and unusual to have to watch West Ham without beer.
Of course that schedule works well until big functions require me to change it. The extra money is decent, not great. More importantly, I actually feel like I helped someone.
Sounds good mate, it seems from your posts you are getting something out of it.
Going off the pitch, we can't buy alcohol on Sunday unless you're at a restaurant. But, you can get super slobber knocking drunk at the restaurant
Is that just Kentucky? And I'm still trying to work out how you knock slobber, but I'm gonna use the phrase anyway.
Yes, almost tourney time. I'm going with UK to win it as all usual, well, they should the SEC tourney at least. I am hungry too. Let's go to the super mega BBQ buffet and then waddle into the bourbon bar.
I am going to do a tailgate at least once. I like the sound of the food and drink offering you are describing. Aren't UK in NC's bracket? I suppose you have to beat 'em all to win it.........
I'll take Gonzaga, if we're playing. We get the games over here, so will be following, but I'm normally a day behind, apart from the weekends.
Timbits in the back seat.
This seems to have appeared on my double entendre radar.

Have a magical afternoon fellas, I've just had one of those days where I got up, went to work and I checked my watch and it was 3PM.

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES, DRUG PROVIDERS AND HOSPITALS!

Trying to get the three of them to coordinate a prescription filled for the kid is not something to do sober. What could have taken less than 30 minutes and a couple of phone calls took multiple calls and my day to get it done. At least I've been told it is done. There were a few times I thought I was going to have a stroke. Luckily I don't have a high blood pressure problem.

Quick pop in while waiting for DS to finish up ball practice. Only 9 players and most are like him and haven't played since T-ball.

DD starts soccer tonight and my colleague in the big city turned in his notice so I will be getting most of his work as well. I may see you guys again in October unless a prayer request pops up. I try to check those once a week at least.

Timbits = tiny donut holes that are too sugary and too small to dunk in your coffee. Tim Horton's coffee is pretty good though.

Trying to get the three of them to coordinate a prescription filled for the kid is not something to do sober. What could have taken less than 30 minutes and a couple of phone calls took multiple calls and my day to get it done. At least I've been told it is done. There were a few times I thought I was going to have a stroke. Luckily I don't have a high blood pressure problem.

Hope the kids is OK. Our medical "care" system is designed to suck the life out of a person so that they don't have to pay to keep you alive. Dealing with some meds for SWMBO and with our insurance it is $80/mo, cash price = ~$640/mo, but with a coupon that the manufacturer provides online you can get it for $5/mo. At $5/mo they are still making money. Just drop the price and save the administrative hassles and let those without insurance afford it so that they avoid even more costly treatment in the future.

Top O the Mornin and happy Friday Eve Dads! DD headed to airport this a.m. to fly out to SD to see her guy for her spring break trip. 2 more days - I will try to post some pics here as I am not yet a FB person. Have a good one gents.

Nice :thumbsup2

Have a great trip.

Is that just Kentucky? And I'm still trying to work out how you knock slobber, but I'm gonna use the phrase anyway.

I am going to do a tailgate at least once. I like the sound of the food and drink offering you are describing. Aren't UK in NC's bracket? I suppose you have to beat 'em all to win it.........
I'll take Gonzaga, if we're playing. We get the games over here, so will be following, but I'm normally a day behind, apart from the weekends.
M.

Several states have these Sunday drinking prohibition laws. It makes the church goers happy I guess.

As for the restaurants above, those are two of our local establishments, not chain restaurants. A BBQ buffet that serves all you can eat BBQ pork, mutton, chicken, beef, and ribs. Depends on the day of the week for the different combos, sliced or chopped. For the pescatarians, their is Fried catfish fillets & fiddlers. For the vegetarians, there is salad bar, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac n cheese, fried apples, carrots, northern beans. Occasionally, there is turkey and dressing. Always cornbread, rolls, burgoo, and banana salad. Dessert buffet includes pecan pie iced with chocolate fudge, banana pudding, apple cobbler, cherry cobbler, peanut butter pie, buttermilk pie, and ice cream. More variety is on the dinner buffet. You don't leave hungry or able to breathe. That is the moonlite BBQ, that has fed two presidents - not bad for a town of 70K.

The other is the Miller House. An old five story home covered into a restaurant. The basement has the old brick walls and features a bourbon bar with over 100 different bourbons. I'm waiting for CJ to visit so he can buy me all the rounds to sample. They sell food which is good restaurant fair, but no BBQ buffet.

Whenever government got into the insurance business in 1965, it started a trend that ended up where it is now.

Hope the kids is OK. Our medical "care" system is designed to suck the life out of a person so that they don't have to pay to keep you alive. Dealing with some meds for SWMBO and with our insurance it is $80/mo, cash price = ~$640/mo, but with a coupon that the manufacturer provides online you can get it for $5/mo. At $5/mo they are still making money. Just drop the price and save the administrative hassles and let those without insurance afford it so that they avoid even more costly treatment in the future.

Good luck to the children in their sports.

I selected the the insurance option with the $7000 Out of pocket before insurance pays anything. So, I'm on the don't get sick plan.:scared1:

I don't pay anything, but it costs the university $500 a month. I do get a $600 Health Savings Account a year that I can spend for whichever. DW and dds are on a better plan.

Probably as most, right there with you. On an HSA plan past few years which does seem to simplify things a bit but these aren't for everyone either.
Quick pop in while waiting for DS to finish up ball practice. Only 9 players and most are like him and haven't played since T-ball.

DD starts soccer tonight and my colleague in the big city turned in his notice so I will be getting most of his work as well. I may see you guys again in October unless a prayer request pops up. I try to check those once a week at least.
Best to the kids and the sports - enjoy !

It seems the problem is solved and it is now in UPS's hands. (Its a long story so feel free to skip) The kid has to take a daily medication that just got switched to a newer drug. She is about to run out of the sample size they gave her and it is not something you can pick up at the corner CVS. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday which didn't happen. The problem is she is flying out to Nicaragua tomorrow morning on a research trip with the school. Trying to get these people to let loose their bureaucracy to help someone is very frustrating. Lots of "We can leave a message and they will call you back," garbage. By the end of the day I was getting mad because there was a deadline for it to go out today. Finally talked to the right person at the drug company and they were helpful but the hospital was another story. I go through this every time I need something from them. Anyway they finally found someone to call the drug company to OK it and it went out. Now it is on to contact UPS to make sure they can deliver it in time.

I'm pretty sure this would have been excluded under the 8th Amendment. It is cruel and unusual to have to watch West Ham without beer.

Or the Marlins.

I'm waiting for CJ to visit so he can buy me all the rounds to sample.

If I ever make it up there. In fact, if I am ever 100 miles near there, I'll make a detour.

Whenever government got into the insurance business in 1965, it started a trend that ended up where it is now.

No comment.

Hope the kids is OK.

Thanks for asking, she is fine. Good luck to the kids on their athletic endeavors.

Spoke too soon. By mistake, it is being shipped to the Dr.'s office. I need to punch something.

That's it boys. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Mike, you can go to Disney now. Bar in 20 mins, last one in has to wear the Pooh Bear costume. And that dude don't wear no pants.

Last edited:
Heading out tomorrow :dancer:

Had another round of tornado's come through last night just before midnight - that's enough of this stuff! To top that off calling for 2-3 inches of snow here tomorrow night - oh wait, as long as our plane takes off before that stuff hits what do I care :-) Have a good weekend gents and will do what I can to stay connected over the next couple of weeks.
That's it boys. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Mike, you can go to Disney now. Bar in 20 mins, last one in has to wear the Pooh Bear costume. And he don't wear no pants.
Working on it, last day in office for two weeks is a bit of PITA but looking like I will dash out of here before regular time - cheers!

That's it boys. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Mike, you can go to Disney now. Bar in 20 mins, last one in has to wear the Pooh Bear costume. And that dude don't wear no pants.

After the week I had, I'm with you brother.

Heading out tomorrow :dancer:

Had another round of tornado's come through last night just before midnight - that's enough of this stuff! To top that off calling for 2-3 inches of snow here tomorrow night - oh wait, as long as our plane takes off before that stuff hits what do I care :-) Have a good weekend gents and will do what I can to stay connected over the next couple of weeks.

Have a blast. Glad you survived the weather, tornados bother me more than hurricanes. As the plane hits the air, shout out, Let it Snow. The cold won't bother you anyway, you will be in the sunshine state.

Heading out tomorrow

Working on it, last day in office for two weeks is a bit of PITA but looking like I will dash out of here before regular time - cheers!
Have an absolute stormer mate. Look forward to the updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter