DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

[vent] I get so little time to go online these days. Seems the only time I can is at 5ish in the morning and when I try to get on the Dis Boards I am greeted with "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." What do they have to do that requires them to shut down the site for at least a hour each day?!? So if I miss something for a few days, you now know why! [/vent]

[vent] I get so little time to go online these days. Seems the only time I can is at 5ish in the morning and when I try to get on the Dis Boards I am greeted with "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." What do they have to do that requires them to shut down the site for at least a hour each day?!? So if I miss something for a few days, you now know why! [/vent]

No worries Randall, nothing important been happening. Just someone posting wake up pranks and scaring off potential DDC room-mates.

Started to read the backlog and..... got a few posts in and.....

Wishes, prayers, pixiedust, congrats, and anything else required.

Have a good trip! Put $20 on black for me.

Dang. too late!

Safe travels and win back some of my past donations will ya?

Did a bit.

Enjoy mate, always have a cheeky one on 30.

Too late!

Not too late to take me with you.

Not too late to take me with you.

Actually... it is!

Good luck. We are all counting on you to break the bank and buy the new clubhouse at Golden Oaks.

Only got to gamble for a grand total of 10 minutes or so.
Won $100 but that's it.
Better than losing, though.

Evening chaps, from a very foggy and Dickensian London. Have woken up at 4 every day this week.
Oof. I remember being in Montreal when it was about -35, it felt like my face was coming off.

It doesn't dry the clothes. So, I'll have to deal with a maintenance guy whenever the store wants to send one out.

They don't give you a new one after one day?

Evening guys. Just got back from seeing Rogue One. All I'll say I liked it after a bit.
Everyone is saying its a bit hard work at the start....

IMG_2236.jpg

one for pkondz. Outside the house. Welcome back and congrats on beating the house.

Just saw my West Ham win again, and then went to the smokehouse for Ladder Ribs. And Goose Island IPA.

Have a good Saturday all.

Hope all are having good Saturday / weekend. Hosting our annual Christmas party tonight with about 25 friends, neighbors and some of my team from work. We do all this decorating and folks start checking with us for the date early so they can enjoy the job we do with the house. I'll work on some pics of what the place looks like with all the lights, candles, etc going. Nice weather we are having here though, tornado watch from now til 9:00 tonight and then winter weather advisory from midnight to 6:00 a.m.
Sorry about that Randall. But you are always with us in spirit as the head Dad

one for pkondz. Outside the house. Welcome back and congrats on beating the house.

Just saw my West Ham win again, and then went to the smokehouse for Ladder Ribs. And Goose Island IPA.

Have a good Saturday all.

Nice all around!

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this morning and stayed on the winner's court all 2 hours. It was a good day. Picked oldest up from swim practice, went to Mass, and now watching UK game. Temp in the 60s, thunderstorms, and tornado warning earlier around 2:00 PM. Temp around 40 degrees now, and going to freezing. We will have ice and temps below freezing until Tuesday. I don't plan on getting out of the house the next two days if possible.

I got that error message the other morning when I couldn't sleep. I feel your pain.

Evening chaps, from a very foggy and Dickensian London. Have woken up at 4 every day this week.

A Dickensian London? I'm picturing a scene from Penny Dreadful with all of those corset clad overly well-mannered individuals Gettin jiggy with it. :lmao:

As for the dryer, we got the floor model with a significant discount. Now we know why there was a discount. Still, we've bought other appliances from them and they are making it right.

Hope all are having good Saturday / weekend. Hosting our annual Christmas party tonight with about 25 friends, neighbors and some of my team from work. We do all this decorating and folks start checking with us for the date early so they can enjoy the job we do with the house. I'll work on some pics of what the place looks like with all the lights, candles, etc going. Nice weather we are having here though, tornado watch from now til 9:00 tonight and then winter weather advisory from midnight to 6:00 a.m.

Sorry about that Randall. But you are always with us in spirit as the head Dad

Stay safe. Still lightening here, but with temps falling, I think we are tornado safe.

Morning guys. Nothing to report here and I am just counting down until Christmas. Good win by the Phins yesterday.

Since I don't sleep, it does suck when you want to scan the boards and can't get in.

Only got to gamble for a grand total of 10 minutes or so.
Won $100 but that's it.
Better than losing, though.

Glad you made it out of there with their money but disappointed no Golden Oaks playhouse for us.

Everyone is saying its a bit hard work at the start....

img_2236-jpg.210573

Looking good.

Hope the party was great and you have to sleep in today.

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this morning and stayed on the winner's court all 2 hours. It was a good day. Picked oldest up from swim practice, went to Mass, and now watching UK game. Temp in the 60s, thunderstorms, and trnado warning earlier around 2:00 PM. Temp around 40 degrees now, and going to freezing. We will have ice and temps below freezing until Tuesday. I don't plan on getting out of the house the next two days if possible.

What a yoyo with the weather up there. Are there indoor courts so you can play year round?

Last edited:
I did learn a lesson yesterday. With the dryer part being installed on Monday, I decided to clean out the dryer vent so that all was good to go. Our dryer vents through the roof, which isn't recommended in construction, but I didn't know better 15 years ago. So, I could either climb on the roof or clean it out the redneck way. Well, I'm too fat to climb on the roof, so I alternated between the shop vac and leaf blower. The dryer vent is all clean and the rain washed the lint off the roof. The lesson learned was to redneck clean it in the summer, as it is really too cold to vent the gasoline smell out of the house in winter. :headache:

What a yoyo with the weather up there. Are there indoor courts so you can play year round?

Tennis ain't football, and I'm not playing outdoors with temps in the 50s or below. I can handle the 60s, but that is roughing it. I'd be like the kicker on football teams - everyone else bear sleeves and I'm wearing thermals. :lmao:

Seriously, yes, we have a new indoor facility that opened a year 1/2 ago, and we won a USTA national award for best new facility. We have 6 indoor courts and 9 outdoor courts. Hourly rate charges are about on par with other places, but the membership is a bit higher due to the smaller population and less visitor revenue. Still, I don't have any hobbies other than Disney vacations, so this is where my money goes.

Morning Guys.

Raining and the plus side of the temperature scale in the forecast today. This follows 2 days of freezing temps and comes before another dip below freezing tonight and tomorrow. Should be fun in the morning, I may just skate to work.

Morning folks. I'm absolutely refusing to look at the temperature until I have to go out.
Until then, I'm pretending I'm somewhere warm.

Oh God. I peeked! -29C/-20F! Why do I live here????

The lesson learned was to redneck clean it in the summer, as it is really too cold to vent the gasoline smell out of the house in winter. :headache:

Define "cold".

But... I should probably clean out ours. It's been.... a few years.
It can wait until it's warm.

Raining and the plus side of the temperature scale in the forecast today.

I hate you a little right now. Just so you know.

This follows 2 days of freezing temps and comes before another dip below freezing tonight and tomorrow. Should be fun in the morning, I may just skate to work.

Ugh. I actually prefer it to drop to about -10 and stay there rather than warm up to where you get that sort of thing. Or slush and freeze. Not good.

The Shark Tagging Pirate Princess went out earlier this month and they just posted some pictures. Great trip where they tagged 7 sharks including a Great Hammerhead. Here are a couple of pics...

Hanging on to a Great Hammerhead. Despite their reputation, they are fairly delicate so they don't bring them up on the boat for their workup.

First time pinning down the business head of a shark (a Bull).

Letting it go.

If you want to see more of what they do you can check out their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/SharkTagging/

You should see the stuff he posts when you can't access the boards!

You can't blame me for the Thread that shall remain nameless. I didn't participate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter