DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just enjoying the holiday time of year. Have Friday off to enjoy seeing Rogue One with the boy a couple of times so tomorrow is my Friday. Do your best to have a good day
The good news: I've thus-far seceded in not catching the head cold that's been going around my house.
The bad news: Instead I picked up some kind of stomach virus (either that or food poisoning).
Lovely...

Well at least the my employer has bee understanding about it.
I get to work anyway, just from home and they've only called me twice so far to complain about things not getting done fast enough.
Hope you're felling better today.

'Morning all...
It is still morning, right?

You ever have one of those days where all idiots show up to the front of the line?
A fairly regular occurrence, unfortunately.
May that not continue.

Thank you Youtube!

Washer wasn't draining, quick search on Google led to a Youtube video that gave me a fix that took about 15 minutes at a cost of $0.

Gott'a love it when a plan comes together...

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear about the stomach virus. Hope you get over it soon.
Hope you're felling better today.
Thanks guys; doing a good bit better today.
Would still rather not be a work but at least it's for entirely different reasons now.

Promotions seem to come with a downfall. At least you have that super great manager salary.

Well, all the guys working for me are "essential" personnel too, so at least I got the promotion to go with that.

The good news: I've thus-far seceded in not catching the head cold that's been going around my house.
The bad news: Instead I picked up some kind of stomach virus (either that or food poisoning).
Lovely...

Well at least the my employer has bee understanding about it.
I get to work anyway, just from home and they've only called me twice so far to complain about things not getting done fast enough.

Is your boss Mr. Scrooge?

Washer wasn't draining, quick search on Google led to a Youtube video that gave me a fix that took about 15 minutes at a cost of $0.

Nice! I think I need to do something similar for my garbage disposal.

Thanks guys; doing a good bit better today.
Would still rather not be a work but at least it's for entirely different reasons now.

Glad you're not still nauseous. Correction: glad you're not currently vomiting.

Nice! I think I need to do something similar for my garbage disposal.

For me it was a switch that gets activated when the lid is closed. Apparently the housing is glued together and over time it starts to pull apart. I just wrapped it with some wire and tape to clamp it back together and the switch worked again.

Happy Wednesday. Tennis last night and everyday thru Saturday. It does make the day way better.

'Morning all...
It is still morning, right?

A fairly regular occurrence, unfortunately.
May that not continue.

Let's hope so. It is afternoon now.

Well, all the guys working for me are "essential" personnel too, so at least I got the promotion to go with that.
g.

Hey, at least someone considers you essential.

For me it was a switch that gets activated when the lid is closed. Apparently the housing is glued together and over time it starts to pull apart. I just wrapped it with some wire and tape to clamp it back together and the switch worked again.

Way to go Macgyver.

Afternoon Dads. So, I finally finished a project I've been working on - my Mickey wreath. I just got it up today and I think it looks pretty good. Big thanks to @budamacdvcr for the idea. I took a small shortcut and just bought the wreaths pre-made. The bough styles don't quite match but it's close enough. I connected them together with floral wire and attached the lights and Christmas bulbs. Our fresh snowfall does give it a nice Christmas look, although I didn't enjoy shoveling it three times yesterday

IMG_1839.JPG

Morning folks. Off to Vegas in about 3 hours. Woot!
Enjoy the trip! Give a pull on the one armed bandit for me. That is what they call a slot machine, right? Or was it a euphemism for something else? Hmm...o_O

Really schools closed for only 30cm? Huh.
Yeah. If it all fell overnight and stopped by morning, they might not have been closed, but we got pretty strong winds with it and it was blowing around all day. It was a dirty little storm.

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Those things are never fun.

Cheetos?
Enjoy your snow day/week buddy
Not Cheetos, just plain Ruffles. Can't remember if you get those in the UK, but they're something like "Real McCoys". It was a nice day indoors, finally got a Christmas movie in with DW & DD9 - Muppets Christmas Carol, off to a good start. (I might even get the teenager to watch one eventually)

Anything that costs $0 is a winner.

Have Friday off to enjoy seeing Rogue One with the boy a couple of times so tomorrow is my Friday.
Hope you enjoy it. I'm still trying to get out with to see Moana with DD9 and Fantastic Beasts with DD16. Between sickness last weekend, concerts, and school commitments, it's been impossible. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak out before Christmas to see Rogue One myself.

Afternoon Dads. So, I finally finished a project I've been working on - my Mickey wreath. I just got it up today and I think it looks pretty good. Big thanks to @budamacdvcr for the idea. I took a small shortcut and just bought the wreaths pre-made. The bough styles don't quite match but it's close enough. I connected them together with floral wire and attached the lights and Christmas bulbs. Our fresh snowfall does give it a nice Christmas look, although I didn't enjoy shoveling it three times yesterday

View attachment 210198 get the teenager to watch one eventually)
Looks great! I like the ornaments placed in the wreath, nice touch.

Morning all. It is bitterly cold, temps in the 20 degrees. But, it is my last day of work for the year.

In home news, DW bought a new clothes dryer. It doesn't dry the clothes. So, I'll have to deal with a maintenance guy whenever the store wants to send one out. :headache:

Looks nice. Shoveling snow doesn't sound nice, much less multiple times.

Morning all. It is bitterly cold, temps in the 20 degrees. But, it is my last day of work for the year.

In home news, DW bought a new clothes dryer. It doesn't dry the clothes. So, I'll have to deal with a maintenance guy whenever the store wants to send one out. :headache:

So your DW bought a new clothes holder?

You can keep that cold down there, although it appears to be headed this way for the next 48 hours. Extreme cold warning with temperatures around -30 starting tonight. And just for fun, rain on Sunday with temps of +10. Cooler temps did create a pretty landscape this morning though.

IMG_20161215_0758300.jpg

You can keep that cold down there, although it appears to be headed this way for the next 48 hours. Extreme cold warning with temperatures around -30 starting tonight. And just for fun, rain on Sunday with temps of +10. Cooler temps did create a pretty landscape this morning though.
]

And back up to 60 degrees on Saturday. Everyone will be sick with the weather change.

img_1839-jpg.210198

Looking good. Care to come down and do my house?

Sorry to hear on both counts. Talked to friends of mine in Chicago and they are hunkering down. To my northern friends, stay safe.

Care to come down and do my house?
Sure, if you're buying the ticket! A week down south sounds nice about now. We've had snow every night this week. Tired of shoveling. My Mickey wreath is looking a bit frosty these days.

That's a chilly one. It's only -4C here today but the wind chill is -15. High winds all week, chills you to the bone. I'm looking forward to the forecast thaw on Sunday.

Sure, if you're buying the ticket! A week down south sounds nice about now. We've had snow every night this week. Tired of shoveling. My Mickey wreath is looking a bit frosty these days.

That's a chilly one. It's only -4C here today but the wind chill is -15. High winds all week, chills you to the bone. I'm looking forward to the forecast thaw on Sunday.

-35 when you factor in the windchill.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Everyone try to stay warm - bone chilling cold here as well. Saw Rouge One last night on regular screen and wiring right now to see in IMAX 3D. Movie is really good. Bit of a slow start but more than made up for.

Happy Friday. A busy day grocery shopping, Mass, tennis, laundry, & dinner. Laundry takes a lot longer when you have to dry the clothes three times. The people admitted it was their machine's fault (surprise since it was one day old) and they are repairing on Monday. They had to have a part overnighted, which arrives Monday. :headache:

That's the scariest one of them all.

That's a very large paperweight you got there.

Good thing I got a government engineer to give me an update status. :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Everyone try to stay warm - bone chilling cold here as well. Saw Rouge One last night on regular screen and wiring right now to see in IMAX 3D. Movie is really good. Bit of a slow start but more than made up for.

Just don't have a desire to rush to see this one. I was disappointed with Force Awakens, but I'll get around to it eventually.

View attachment 210198

How cool would one of these look right there in the corner of driveway look

upload_2016-12-16_20-25-5.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter