DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

image.jpeg
Working in the Petri dish of the mk, even the kid got sick. She never gets sick and if she did, wasn't for long.
Yes, with her first pay and her cm discount, she had to buy a big Mickey Mouse. Lol

Glad to hear your ok but I do have a question - why in the world do you need firewood in Miami?

There is a fireplace in the house (built in 1930 and pre heating and AC) and I have a fire thing on the deck. Lots of Oaks around and I occasionally use the outside one to build a fire. Usually around sweater weather.

Still all fowled up, and dealing with the symptoms is right frustrating, but we know exactly what's wrong now. Without going into too much boring detail, basically my spinal chord is being compressed by the vertebra in my neck. There's no room for any movement anymore and it's interfering with all the signals. It's gonn'a take surgery to fix and right now I've got that scheduled for the middle of next month.

Lovely...

Forced us to cancel our 25th anniversary travel plans, but it needs to be done. If I were to take another fall or get caught up in any kind of accident, there'd likely be very severe damage done to the chord at that point.

Sorry to hear about the canceled plans but now they have an idea what is going on. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

With 4 women in the family, someone's ALWAYS hormonal. The 18yo is putting more gray on my head Every day!

You win, or should I say lose the hormone battle. Feel for you brother.

A lot of my behind the scenes photos I have are in cm restrooms!!! That's my girl!!!
I had to laugh looking on her fb of friends who work there, all take pictures of them selfs in the restroom. Lol

That is funny.

image.jpeg
When we would come down to see her, she would move in with us in our resort. Along with her laundry. Lol She would take the bus with us and bring her costume in a back pack and after hanging with us, she would go to work. She wasn't happy about it either. Lol
This is one of my favorites.
When she went through bag check, security guard said, welcome to work, keep smiling. Lol She grunted at him and he laughed. Lol

View attachment 150303
Kona. No filet here but good. ( I have no idea what that green stuff is but I didn't touch it. Lol
OK, I am way behind on this thread, but I just had to agree with you about the green stuff on the plate. That stuff is just for decoration, right?
Saw Deadpool last night.

Awesome movie. Kinda reminded me of the best parts of The Matrix, Spiderman and John Wick.
Plus... nudity. So that's always good.
Sounds interesting. I've heard good things about it. And if not, at least the nudity gives a couple things to look at...
Morning Men!

We are in for a string of crazy weather up here. In day 3 of the deep freeze, -33 right now and that's the same no matter what side of the border you are on. Couple inches of snow forecasted for tomorrow morning before heating up to +8 (about 46F) and then starting to rain. Should be a fun couple of days.
We've got the rain and +10C here in NL tonight (Wednesday). It's been a crazy couple of days for weather. Had the deep freeze and strong wind the past couple days as well. Seems like a couple weird days to come yet.

There is a fireplace in the house (built in 1930 and pre heating and AC) and I have a fire thing on the deck. Lots of Oaks around and I occasionally use the outside one to build a fire. Usually around sweater weather.

Sorry to hear about the canceled plans but now they have an idea what is going on. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

You win, or should I say lose the hormone battle. Feel for you brother.

That is funny.
Sweater weather? 60s ??? Lol

Really bad storms here today. Lots of damage from two tornados mostly north of us (we do not normally get tornados). Trees down, damaged roofs and they had to close I-95 due to a sign blown down across the highway. I lost a couple of branches but just more firewood, no problem.

Laughing at the hormone reports. Norm, you are outnumber 3-1, may I suggest you build a safe room. Don, nice pics and sounds like a fun place. My only question is what the He11 were you thinking going into the pool?

Glad you made out OK. I don't care where I live, nothing beats a good fire to take the chill off the bones. I even got cold living in the Philippines.

Still all fowled up, and dealing with the symptoms is right frustrating, but we know exactly what's wrong now. Without going into too much boring detail, basically my spinal chord is being compressed by the vertebra in my neck. There's no room for any movement anymore and it's interfering with all the signals. It's gonn'a take surgery to fix and right now I've got that scheduled for the middle of next month.

Lovely...

Forced us to cancel our 25th anniversary travel plans, but it needs to be done. If I were to take another fall or get caught up in any kind of accident, there'd likely be very severe damage done to the chord at that point.

Good to see you back. Will be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Lovely...

Praying for a good outcome, and some nice away from work.

Morning all. Actually feeling sort if normal after tennis last night and ready to get a lot of work done. Seriously, I work for university bureaucracy so I'll have to get that work approved by 10 committee meetings before I start.

Back to DisDad meets.

DisDad Philip.jpg

A lot of my behind the scenes photos I have are in cm restrooms!!! That's my girl!!!
I had to laugh looking on her fb of friends who work there, all take pictures of them selfs in the restroom. Lol

Ah, Barry, Tim, & Dave taking photos in bathrooms. Something the world may not understand, but it goes by here without even a second thought. :lmao:

Winter in Miami (if you are a Floridian)
]

I want to live that life of CJ. Just 10 more years.

Well, I'm glad they at least finally figured out what it is and they can take care of it. Better to miss out on some plans now than to have something more permanent happen.
Prayers for your back surgery.
.............Was gonna ask how the medical situation was doing. Good news that they know what's the cause and how to treat. Prayers and positive thoughts to you.
Man... sorry to hear about your plans for the 25th... but very glad to hear they figured out what is causing the issues. Will keep you on the prayer list for the upcoming surgery.
Wow, I haven't been around for awhile. Sorry to hear your having trouble. Prayers and good luck with the surgery Rob.
Good to see you back. Will be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts.
I’m actually optimistic that this could solve the bulk of the problems.
And even though we’re talking about sawing bits and hinges out of five of the seven bones in my neck, this particular surgery is fairly common, has been used successfully for better than thirty years and can be done fairly quick with minimal time required in the hospital.

I like my chances.

Praying for a good outcome, and some nice away from work.
Well, about that…
I actually had to schedule this around work. The Doc said that I should be written out for about four weeks, but I’ll have to be able to work from home after two weeks, or I could find myself unemployed.

Sorry to hear that. Going from a 25th anniversary trip to surgery is the very definition of the penthouse to the outhouse. Hopefully this will turn out like my postponed 40th birthday spectacular--it became a 41st birthday spectacular!
Hopefully so; we’re considering trying to get into something in May once the young’en finishes up the semester. Obviously that wouldn’t be a couple’s only excursion, but still…
Depending on the bills, the healing and what kind’a deals are available, that stands as the current Plan-B.

CJ needs fire wood for all those topless women that he brings home from the beach. It drops to 60 degrees some nights and it is a bit cold for them.
There are first world problems, and then there are CJ-World problems…
This fits into that later category.

The 18yo is putting more gray on my head Every day!
Clearly, she’s very good at her primary job then.
And to think, you get to go through it multiple times.

These two seem to be EVERYWHERE together! Also possible that they are changing shirts and standing in front of a Green Screen.
:lmao:
That would explain much.

When she went through bag check, security guard said, welcome to work, keep smiling. Lol She grunted at him and he laughed. Lol
So basically it’s no different than being employed anywhere else in the world. :rolleyes:

Sweater weather? 60s ??? Lol
Dave beat me to it! :rotfl2: That will be you in a few years, you know, Dave! :cold:
Starting to figure out how things are done down this way, are ya’?
And you’re right… most folk secretly want to live somewhere where their blood will ultimately end up thinning out.
We can live with your taunts.

Come on guys, give CJ some credit.
Mid 70s is sweater weather. 60s is a down jacket and stocking cap.
And your point would be…

I want to live that life of CJ. Just 10 more years.
10 years, huh?
I wish you well on that schedule.
I figure if I’m very lucky, I’ve got about 25ish years of left before someone will have to dispose of the wrecked hull of my body. The problem is that my current calculations require that I continue being gainfully employed for at least another 47 years or so.

T
Well, about that…
I actually had to schedule this around work. The Doc said that I should be written out for about four weeks, but I’ll have to be able to work from home after two weeks, or I could find myself unemployed.
Hmmmmmm, short term or long term disability should cover this for you? We have folks out for medical reasons and the laws related to STD & LTD kick in based on Doctor decision?

Sometimes buses sneak through that way to the airport. The thing I have learned over the years is behind the magic, isn't so magical.lol The green,manicured lawns, the bright colored signs and buildings are gone and there isn't a palm tree to be found.lol
Concrete, steel and black top all topped off in baby poop green paint. lol You really don't see much. The only building you can tell what it is, is where the monorails and trains are kept. Central shops is on the right, warehouse where the decorations are stored is on the left. Costuming, laundry and what they call west clock, that is where cms grab the bus to head to the tunnels. Power stations, cooling towers. Very industrial.
Even in the tunnels, the local rock station in blaring over the radio. Lol
I still remember the first keys to the kingdom tour I took, the guide said when you go behind the scenes don't get mad or upset if a cm don't say hello or smile at you, they get paid to smile when they hit the show line.lol
My dd made sure to at least smile at tour groups when she seen them behind the scenes.
I said this many times, I never gave any cm a hard time and after the tours, and having a dd as a cm so I may be a bit bias, I have the utmost respect for those front line cms. How they do it everyday without killing someone, I have no idea. They work long hard hours in all weather for not a lot of money. Most do it for the love of wdw, some do it to put on there resume and some do it for a living. Dd did it for all of the above. She will always have the memories and friends she met while she was there and growing up a Disney kid, it was just something she had to do and dream of doing.
She came home Jan of 2014. We took her back may 2015. She met up with a lot of people she worked with,all ask when is she coming back.There was a cm at the launching pad asked if she was off today.lol
She loved the program, recommends it to everyone but she wanted to keep it as her vacation,fun spot. You don't vacation where you work.I didn't understand that till she did the program.
It is a multi billion dollar operation with 60 to 70k employees working on property. It is corporate America.
Walt Disney was not an easy man to work for. He wanted what he wanted and how he wanted it and when he wanted it. I've done a lot of reading over the years and he could be a pr&$k if he wanted. That would explain his suscess.
I admire the man, got a huge set.... lol.

Thanks for sharing! I'm the kind of person who LOVES to make the magic, and understand how it works (though I'm actually terrible at magic tricks). While I love to immerse myself and experience the magic a place like WDW has to offer, I find that understanding what goes into making it work increases my enjoyment of the experience a hundred-fold. It also increases my appreciation of the people who bring those experiences to life.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts.
I’m actually optimistic that this could solve the bulk of the problems.
And even though we’re talking about sawing bits and hinges out of five of the seven bones in my neck, this particular surgery is fairly common, has been used successfully for better than thirty years and can be done fairly quick with minimal time required in the hospital.
I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Well, about that…
This sounds like something that FMLA would cover. It's unpaid, but they have to hold your job for you when you get back.

Hmmmmmm, short term or long term disability should cover this for you? We have folks out for medical reasons and the laws related to STD & LTD kick in based on Doctor decision?
I don't have a backup person who could do the work.
Not to mention that employees in SC realistically have no rights.
We're very good at subjugating labor down here...
We've been perfecting the art for a very long time.

This sounds like something that FMLA would cover. It's unpaid, but they have to hold your job for you when you get back.
FMLA?
Isn't that one of the myriad of things scheduled to be repealed on January 21 of next year? :rolleyes:

I'll check into it, but like I said, the real problem is that there's no one trained up to do the work.
I can do it from home at least, and I can get the critical parts done in just a few hours each day, so That will have to do. Had a similar problem when I first got hurt back in November.

Just checking in to say Hello to all the Dads. Still crazy busy at work and with 2 new Bengal kittens at home find it hard to get on to the site to converse. Prayer to those in need, congrats and happy birthdays where deserved and may pixie dust rain down on you daily.

And Randall, how come my name is not next to my username on page 1. I thought I was important, I guess it's true, I'm just another number.:-) CJ should have fun with that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter