Come on Estoppel!!!!

Could be worse. I passed ROFR 7/30 and still waiting on closing docs. I'm thinking that since I can't officially close till 10/12 my docs are at the bottom of the pile :(

Can you tell me how you received the documents and does the seller have to sign them first?

The title company emailed them to us cc'ing the broker. There are no other signatures on the docs yet. So, either we sign them first and then they go to the seller, or both the sellers and buyers get unsigned documents simultaneously to sign them and return them to the title company, which will combine the two signed documents into one fully-executed contract. My guess would be the second option is how it gets done. Otherwise, this would be an even longer process!

no fair!!! we passed ROFR on 8/24! I have heard nothing more.

Joining the club - we are still waiting too and passed ROFR on 8/17! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the process, as others with the same DVC resort have already received closing documents with later ROFR dates. I wouldn't mind so much, but we have points that expire the end of November! Really hoping to hear something soon...

You're like a frickin' mind reader, lady! Yes, as a matter of fact, we just received our closing docs about 30 minutes ago!

Woo hoo!!!!!

To recap:

ROFR Sent: 08/05/15
ROFR Passed: 08/31/15
Closing Docs Received: 09/14/15

From ROFR to Closing Docs was only 14 days! Keeping my ears crossed for everyone else waiting!

Congratulations!

Where is my paperwork that passed 17 days earlier?:scared: :confused3

You're like a frickin' mind reader, lady! Yes, as a matter of fact, we just received our closing docs about 30 minutes ago!

Woo hoo!!!!!

To recap:

ROFR Sent: 08/05/15
ROFR Passed: 08/31/15
Closing Docs Received: 09/14/15

From ROFR to Closing Docs was only 14 days! Keeping my ears crossed for everyone else waiting!
Interesting. BLT was running 33 days on average and you beat that by over half. We also passed ROFR on a BLT contract on 9/1. Will we get closing docs in the next few days? Does the title company greasing the skids get things pushed through? Does the resale company pushing get things pushed through?

Now I'm super interested to see when we get our docs.

Could be worse. I passed ROFR 7/30 and still waiting on closing docs. I'm thinking that since I can't officially close till 10/12 my docs are at the bottom of the pile :(

Did your sellers have an upcoming WDW vacation booked using DVC points? If the sellers said they can't close until after 10/12, that's probably the case. I would guess the title company cannot process closing docs until after that date then. Boo!

Last edited:
Similar to the ROFR status updates I post in the other thread, figured I'd put together one for those of you waiting for your closing docs. Below is a listing of buyers who should receive their closing docs within the next week (based on averages) if they haven't already.

CLOSE%20Waiting_Next%20Week%202015-09-15-XL.jpg

RobbW.. update on my contract $97 150 BCV FEB 0/15 150/16

Sent for ROFR 7/12
Waived ROFR 8/7
Received closing docs 9/8
Sent docs and payment 9/9
Not sure when closing took place
Deed recorded 9/16
waiting for membership number
:yay:

Last edited:
So feedback when I checked in with the broker was docs should be in the next 14 days as they are working on those that can close now. Yes I do think the original owners have a trip planned. No official rush as we are renting points this year. Just want to get everything together so hopefully it can be filed right away and maybe have the number/discounts for the November trip

So feedback when I checked in with the broker was docs should be in the next 14 days as they are working on those that can close now. Yes I do think the original owners have a trip planned. No official rush as we are renting points this year. Just want to get everything together so hopefully it can be filed right away and maybe have the number/discounts for the November trip

Okay. That's kind of what I figured. Resale listings should state/declare if the sellers cannot close until a specific date. If a listing says it cannot close until after a certain date, it's almost always because the buyer has a DVC vacation currently booked. So, title companies cannot prepare closing docs for those contracts until after that date.

My timeline
Offer accepted 7/1
Sent to ROFR 7/6
Passed ROFR 8/4
Closing docs 8/31
Returned closing docs 9/11. ( I was on vacation when they came)
Closed 9/14
Recorded on OCC site 9/16
Not too bad. Some of the hold up was my fault.

I would love to know the Disney Process for Estoppel. With the technology we have today, this process should no more then a few days. I'm on day 33 and nothing yet. Really annoying.... Just venting, don't understand how a process could take so long.

I would love to know the Disney Process for Estoppel. With the technology we have today, this process should no more then a few days. I'm on day 33 and nothing yet. Really annoying.... Just venting, don't understand how a process could take so long.

Same day as you, I have be obsessively checking my inbox. Hopefully we hear soon. No rhyme or reason to the way things get processed. Hoping for some pixiedust:

JWG---$125-$12,500-100-BLT-Aug-38/'14, 100/'15, 100/'16, PRORATED 2015MF -sent 8/10 -passed 9/2

Were told to expect estoppel to take 5-6 weeks. Hopefully closed by mid November.

Received our closing docs today! Now have to wait for the fund transfer so I can get the check cut. This went faster than expected.

JWG---$125-$12,500-100-BLT-Aug-38/'14, 100/'15, 100/'16, PRORATED 2015MF -sent 8/10 -passed 9/2 -received closing docs 9/16

Joining the club - we are still waiting too and passed ROFR on 8/17! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the process, as others with the same DVC resort have already received closing documents with later ROFR dates. I wouldn't mind so much, but we have points that expire the end of November! Really hoping to hear something soon...

Finally received closing documents today! I had sent an email to the title company this afternoon inquiring about how much longer estoppel would take, and then within the hour had the documents... coincidence? Makes me wish I had maybe questioned them sooner. Just glad to be onto the next stage!

Finally received closing documents today! I had sent an email to the title company this afternoon inquiring about how much longer estoppel would take, and then within the hour had the documents... coincidence? Makes me wish I had maybe questioned them sooner. Just glad to be onto the next stage!

Congratulations.

maybe I should try that... Should I contact the place I bought it through or the title agency directly?

maybe I should try that... Should I contact the place I bought it through or the title agency directly?

I emailed the closing agent directly through the title agency. Her name was provided on the information they had sent us after passing ROFR. It is definitely worth a try to contact them, good luck!

Happy to report that I'm in this group now!
Phatscott25-$79 - $19,750, 250 – AKV – Jun – 0/’15, 31/’16 250/’17 sent 8/26, passed 9/18
Although for me the wait won't be so bad as the seller has an outstanding reservation (disclosed in the listing) and I can't close until December 5 anyway. My broker said the estoppel will proceed as normal in the meantime. To those more experienced on here, does this mean that basically everything except the actual closing will be completed by then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter