Club run disney

Correct. You will get an email. Be sure that you are a 2022-2023 club member though. If you signed up this year for 2023-2024 your early registration benefits are for NEXT season.
Wait - so if I'm a club runD member for 2023-24 season, don't I get to register for 2023-24 races? (I'm a new club runD member, not a 2022-23 member)

Wait - so if I'm a club runD member for 2023-24 season, don't I get to register for 2023-24 races? (I'm a new club runD member, not a 2022-23 member)
Correct. It's very confusing. You get all the in-person benefits for the upcoming races but not early registration. Sorry :(

Correct. It's very confusing. You get all the in-person benefits for the upcoming races but not early registration. Sorry :(
Ah got it. Good thing I still have my calendar blocked off at 10am next Tues! (I feel like they can do a better job explaining this timing!)

If you scroll to the bottom of the sign up page it gives a breakdown I found to be helpful:

Please note that Club runDisney Membership benefits for the 2023-2024 runDisney race season will begin on October 1, 2023 and will be valid through September 30, 2024.

During the 2023-2024 Club runDisney Membership period, onsite benefits, such as early access to the runDisney Merchandise Shop at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo, can be enjoyed during the following runDisney race weekends:

2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend
2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
2024 Disney Princess Marathon Weekend
2024 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

During the 2023-2024 Club runDisney Membership period, guaranteed race registration benefits for Gold and Platinum Club runDisney Members can be enjoyed for the following runDisney race weekends:

2024 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
2025 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend
2025 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
2025 Disney Princess Marathon Weekend
2025 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

Maybe they’ll have the problem fixed by the final CrD registration of the season?

Of course, they’ll probably make some “improvement” that will break it in new and exciting ways before next season’s registrations start 😆

Maybe they’ll have the problem fixed by the final CrD registration of the season?

Of course, they’ll probably make some “improvement” that will break it in new and exciting ways before next season’s registrations start 😆
The "fix" to this is pretty obvious but probably not simple in terms of implementation. Instead of emailing links, there should be a club runDisney section to the rundisney website that will have your registration links in it.

The "fix" to this is pretty obvious but probably not simple in terms of implementation. Instead of emailing links, there should be a club runDisney section to the rundisney website that will have your registration links in it.
That’s far too logical

That’s far too logical
I'm assuming there a large technical hurdles to implementing this. I'm guessing the runDisney website doesn't really know about our club status in authorized portions.

A potential workable compromise would be to create an entirely new website with it's own login (using disney as the SSO provider) and issuing tokens there that do know about your status and level.

But they don't ask me for my opinion on technical matters much, or ever.

Hi!
New to Run Disney. Wanting to purchase 4 entries (either 4 5k entries or 3 5k and 1 child’s run entries) for a 2025 year race (TBD which race).
was thinking platinum membership is best way to guarantee this?
Would anyone recommend buying 2 avail silver now, so I can then get early access to buy platinum when avail? I’m assuming this would then give access to 2025 races.
Or is it really that tough to snag platinum memberships if I just keep an eye on the website?

Hi!
New to Run Disney. Wanting to purchase 4 entries (either 4 5k entries or 3 5k and 1 child’s run entries) for a 2025 year race (TBD which race).
was thinking platinum membership is best way to guarantee this?
Would anyone recommend buying 2 avail silver now, so I can then get early access to buy platinum when avail? I’m assuming this would then give access to 2025 races.
Or is it really that tough to snag platinum memberships if I just keep an eye on the website?
A Club membership only works for the person who has the membership, you can’t register for anyone else.

A Club membership only works for the person who has the membership, you can’t register for anyone else.
The one benefit to getting CrD in this case would be that you’d be able to sign up two people in advance and only have to worry about two others on general registration. That said it seems like a ton of money to spend in order to sign up for a 5k (not to mention the fact that I don’t think platinum was available to silver members, you could only move up one tier this year).

Anyway, the cost here would be around $1,800 before you even get to signing up for the 5k (and it’s still not a guarantee that you’ll be able to sign up everyone!) If you’re flexible with which race you’d do I wouldn’t bother, you get four opportunities a year to sign up for these things, surely at some point you’d be able to get four people registered?

The one benefit to getting CrD in this case would be that you’d be able to sign up two people in advance and only have to worry about two others on general registration. That said it seems like a ton of money to spend in order to sign up for a 5k (not to mention the fact that I don’t think platinum was available to silver members, you could only move up one tier this year).

Anyway, the cost here would be around $1,800 before you even get to signing up for the 5k (and it’s still not a guarantee that you’ll be able to sign up everyone!) If you’re flexible with which race you’d do I wouldn’t bother, you get four opportunities a year to sign up for these things, surely at some point you’d be able to get four people registered?
You can’t sign up 2 people in advance with 1 membership though. If you have a membership, you can only register yourself. Otherwise, I’d be auctioning off my unused advance registrations for Princess Weekend 😂😂

You can’t sign up 2 people in advance with 1 membership though. If you have a membership, you can only register yourself. Otherwise, I’d be auctioning off my unused advance registrations for Princess Weekend 😂😂
I think they’re talking about getting two memberships though.

EDIT: there’s definitely confusion about the two signups you get as part of platinum. I think they think that with two memberships they can get race registrations for four people, as opposed to two race signups each for two people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter