Booking on board scary now?

@CM Dad is on a B2B in january 2016, so can he book two staterooms this summer, and two more on each of the legs in 2016, for a total of six?

@lbgraves , are you able to edit the DIS DCL FAQ page? that's where i got the verbiage from. sounds like the line "You will not be allowed to book these for someone not on the sailing and that is not in your household." no longer applies, then?

No I am not, and I did not add that piece of information. It was incorrectly reported to begin with on the boards when the policy went into affect. I actually posted a thread with a correction when I returned from a cruise and copied the exact verbiage from the rebooking information given out onboard. Only mods can modify locked threads, and as noted before, there is no designated mod for the cruise threads. I believe that MJ updated the FAQ a few years ago, but again no one can do anything with them now.

@CM Dad is on a B2B in january 2016, so can he book two staterooms this summer, and two more on each of the legs in 2016, for a total of six?

That is correct. :) The only difference is that the pricing would probably increase between the first & B2B cruises. He could just book all 6 on the January cruise to ensure he has the lower pricing. Yes, there would just be the OBC for four of the rooms. However, he could then "reshop" those rooms on the B2B. No, he won't be able to do it the same way you can a cruise you didn't book onboard, but essentially it is the same. If at the time of the B2B cruises the pricing is less to rebook the rooms using the discount, then cancel the original booking & book at that time. You would only be saving 10%, however, so the likelihood is that the fare portion has increased, and possible the category has sold out by then. Booking them this summer will also allow him to have more flexibility with selecting where the staterooms are if he would like them to be close together.

That is correct. :) The only difference is that the pricing would probably increase between the first & B2B cruises. He could just book all 6 on the January cruise to ensure he has the lower pricing. Yes, there would just be the OBC for four of the rooms. However, he could then "reshop" those rooms on the B2B. No, he won't be able to do it the same way you can a cruise you didn't book onboard, but essentially it is the same. If at the time of the B2B cruises the pricing is less to rebook the rooms using the discount, then cancel the original booking & book at that time. You would only be saving 10%, however, so the likelihood is that the fare portion has increased, and possible the category has sold out by then. Booking them this summer will also allow him to have more flexibility with selecting where the staterooms are if he would like them to be close together.

Our next upcoming cruise if this June. I don't know that there would be any cruises released for February 2017. Would it still make sense to book 6 placeholder reservations, move them as soon as the dates are available, and then reshop the non-discounted rooms next January?

Our next upcoming cruise if this June. I don't know that there would be any cruises released for February 2017. Would it still make sense to book 6 placeholder reservations, move them as soon as the dates are available, and then reshop the non-discounted rooms next January?
I would. I actually tend to think that a Feb 2017 cruise is still going to be at opening-day prices, or very close, in January of 2016, depending on what specific cruise and whether they announce something unusual like another Star Wars day at sea or something. The Feb 2016 cruises really didn't go up in price much until February of this year. But just in case, it doesn't hurt to get the placeholders booked and go from there.

Now, whether they will let you book more than 2 placeholders, I don't know. I assume it works like booking more than 2 rooms on a future cruise, but that remains to be seen. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter