Beach Club Villa Renovation

I've just stayed at BCV for 16 nights, room 414 on the fourth floor with a full balcony overlooking the quiet pool. I wouldn't have said the room looked tired and I didn't notice any particular signs of wear and tear, I thought the resort looked great. Have to say, the holiday was fantastic and we'll be looking to stay here again for three weeks in 2017!

GLAD to hear some fairly "good" current feedback about condition of BCV.:goodvibes LET'S HOPE:wizard: so for those with F&W trips planned in over Sept/Oct/ and mid Nov.::yes:: Hoping that a definite announcement for refurb timeline will be revealed by DVC soon.

GLAD to hear some fairly "good" current feedback about condition of BCV.:goodvibes LET'S HOPE:wizard: so for those with F&W trips planned in over Sept/Oct/ and mid Nov.::yes:: Hoping that a definite announcement for refurb timeline will be revealed by DVC soon.

For at least the previous 7 years I've read the same comments about BCV needing a refurb. In part for some of it I think it's just the decor in general that many feel looks dated and has for awhile. I stay there every 18 months or so and have not had any issues with actual room condition although I accept that some have. The hallway carpets though - they have the dirt ground in and have looked pretty bad for awhile. I always see them cleaning but it's just ground in and probably so much dirt into the pad that it keeps popping up because they don't get it dried fast enough.

For at least the previous 7 years I've read the same comments about BCV needing a refurb. In part for some of it I think it's just the decor in general that many feel looks dated and has for awhile. I stay there every 18 months or so and have not had any issues with actual room condition although I accept that some have. The hallway carpets though - they have the dirt ground in and have looked pretty bad for awhile. I always see them cleaning but it's just ground in and probably so much dirt into the pad that it keeps popping up because they don't get it dried fast enough.
HOPING for the best with good room condition!:wizard: LOVE SAB and the Boardwalk vibe!:beach:

Very mad at DVC now!!!

Last trip, last Christmas week, Boardwalk rooms were in terrible state. So we book Beach club for week before Christmas because I heard they would be renovated by then.

Now DVC releases pictures in their magazine and family can't wait to stay back at Boardwalk. Had to break the news that I have reservations at Beach Club. Now we are wait listed back at Boardwalk : (

Basically I want to stay at Beach club but dont want an old room

Very mad at DVC now!!!

Last trip, last Christmas week, Boardwalk rooms were in terrible state. So we book Beach club for week before Christmas because I heard they would be renovated by then.

Now DVC releases pictures in their magazine and family can't wait to stay back at Boardwalk. Had to break the news that I have reservations at Beach Club. Now we are wait listed back at Boardwalk : (

Basically I want to stay at Beach club but dont want an old room
I can relate..we originally had BWV booked for our Oct trip...Like both resorts but my absolute favorite pool is SAB.. :beach:Got on waitlist for BCV because MS told me that both resorts were being renovated almost simultaneously. Waitlist came through for BCV when a block of rooms came back into inventory after the BCV renovation was postponed. HOPING for the best in terms of room condition, but for us, we're moving to the Poly on a split stay, so we'll have a brand new room there.::yes:: GOOD LUCK:wizard: to you too and enjoy your trip!

I can relate..we originally had BWV booked for our Oct trip...Like both resorts but my absolute favorite pool is SAB.. :beach:Got on waitlist for BCV because MS told me that both resorts were being renovated almost simultaneously. Waitlist came through for BCV when a block of rooms came back into inventory after the BCV renovation was postponed. HOPING for the best in terms of room condition, but for us, we're moving to the Poly on a split stay, so we'll have a brand new room there.::yes:: GOOD LUCK:wizard: to you too and enjoy your trip!

Yeah we have a split stay too, 4 nights at Bay, 4 at Beach club

We're at BCV for our Grandson's Disney Wedding, and the only sign we've seen of refurb here is the absolutely atrocious carpet in the hall that's been installed
in part of the 1st floor hallway. The old carpet is showing the years of use, but it has Disney character, and doesn't have pulls like the newly installed does. IMHO

I spent six nights in a studio (259) at the BCV last week, and though the room wasn't in great shape, it wasn't bad enough that we couldn't live with it. There was a cigarette burn in the carpet, the glass was missing from the cabinet doors above the kitchenette, and a couple of the drawers wouldn't stay shut in the armoire. The couch was in pretty bad shape, too--pen marks and stains on the cushions, and they wouldn't stay attached to the frame, so it was a bit of annoyance when the couch was opened and closed, but the couch bed was fine and comfortable.

We enjoyed our stay (mostly because of the pool), but I did wish that I had stuck with my original reservation in a Boardwalk view studio at the BVW (though oddly enough, part of the reason I decided to stay at the BCV was because I got a really bad room on my stay at the boardwalk last December).

I can't remember our villa number right now, but we were in a studio on the first floor at the end of August and we heard no noises throughout our stay. The villa was in quite good condition overall, nothing I was concerned over.

I can't remember our villa number right now, but we were in a studio on the first floor at the end of August and we heard no noises throughout our stay. The villa was in quite good condition overall, nothing I was concerned over.
GOOD NEWS; thanks for posting!:banana: Know that the reno won't be happening for our trip this October, but hoping for others that a renovation commencement date is announced and work commences soon!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter