August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

I'm woohoo-ing that I got a few things checked off my list last night and have another list ready to complete today!

We're leaving for a short trip tomorrow night and I always feel better when I don't have a lot of little loose ends hanging over my head.

Last night we also went over to DD2's new house. She and her boyfriend just moved from an apartment to a house and it is super nice in a nice neighborhood. We got to meet a couple of their neighbors and it just seems like they are getting all settled in so I'm super happy for them!

Woohoo... four days till departure! I am mentally and emotionally so ready to go.
Woohoo... I forgot I have a massage appointment tomorrow, great way to kick off the trip.

Woohoo... I love my haircut and color. She did shave off the lower back which totally changes the shape, and the color came out with just a halo of lavender, which is exactly what I wanted.
Woohoo... when I was straightening house yesterday I found my body glow self-tanning lotion, so legs won't be old lady glow in the dark white. I also found my Big Al magic band, which I wasn't even thinking about and probably would have left home without.
And woohoo... one pair of new jeans has arrived and they do fit but I'm not sure they are the right style so I may not keep them, but at least I know my size now, which is a 18, and not even a 18W!.

Last edited:

Oooof, do I really have to come up with a WooHoo today? We got home just after 11pm last night, so essentially no time to get things done and then straight to work this morning. Damn that three hour time difference!

Oh, I do have one WooHoo: I managed to find a set of clean undies for my kids to wear today! There was a solid 20 minutes when we got home last night where I thought they had none, but my pre-vacation self was kind enough to get a load of laundry through to the dryer before we left so they had one clean seat waiting!

I am woohooing that I lost roughly 3 pounds last week. I am already down .2 this week. I have been making much better choices. I am sure I am doing better because my sister has lost 50 pounds since November and I have this unhealthy competition with her (she doesn't know this. This is all me). In my head she can't be skinnier then me. That is one thing I always had that she didn't. I was always weighed less then her. So when ever she starts to loss weight I tend to kick it up on my end. Most of this right now is that we also, stopped going out to eat. We need to start saving more money.

Today I'm thankful that it is now just two work days till vacation. And I'm thankful to be booked on the redeye Saturday because it gives me most of the day to finish getting the house ready, as I won't have to leave until 6:30pm-ish. I'm pretty good at sleeping on the plane, which will help the flight go faster, but I'm thankful there will be a room and bed waiting for me when I get there.

I'm thankful that we've had several cool damp days. We had a storm Tuesday with a fair amount of rain, which was badly needed. And the cooler temps mean I can have my electric blanket turned on which helps my feet quite a bit.

I'm thankful that today is my last day of work until next Tuesday! I got the rest of the things on my list checked off last night, so I can leave town feeling pretty good about things being in order when I come back!

I'm thankful that tomorrow is a new month. August was a good month in many ways, but I'm looking forward to a fresh start in September for my healthy goals!

Whooohoooo Wednesday-I got to spend the evening at church doing some prep with about 50 other folks for new/updated volunteering opportunities for the fall and winter. The church got chick fil a catered for all of us, which was a nice surprise! Got to spend some time with a gal from my Bible study who I had not seen since April and I got to learn my new volunteering duty which is coffee and snack bar!

Thankful today for this absolutely gorgeous day-sunny, breezy and barely 80 degrees. Absolutely delightful!

Speaking of weeks, who wants which week for September??

Week 1 ~ 9/4-9/10 __________
Week 2 ~ 9/11-9/17 ~ Oneanne
Week 3 ~ 9/18-9/24 ~ ShannyMcB
Week 4 ~ 9/25-10/1 _________

Last edited:
Friday-o-Friday, how I love thee! Last pre-vacation work day with a pretty light schedule and an early departure for my acupuncture appointment.

I've been in a bit of a funk since Wednesday evening, partly clothing triggered and partly work triggered. My manager had asked me if I would take on something that is rather unattractive that I totally didn't see coming, so I was mentally wading thru the muck all that evening. Yesterday I talked to the director I'd be working closest with, and have a really good relationship with, so I feel much better about it. And being willing to take on the yucky stuff always wins points, so I am going to do it.

The clothing part was triggered by the second pair of jeans that also don't fit properly. Around the waist they are good but the hips and legs are enormous. Part of the thrill of losing weight is being able to buy fashionable clothing, but it is a challenge when my waist is putting me in a size larger than the rest of my body.

Also I've been frustrated this week at not losing any weight. Everyone into intermittent fasting touts it as giving amazingly fast weight loss, so I had high expectations. When I dug deeper that isn't always the case, it can be slow and slow to start. This morning I was finally down a pound, so I'm actually on the preferred -1 pound per week path. My total for the month is -9 pounds, which is fabulous and it puts me at -19 between the cruise and this trip which is amazing. So it is a matter of changing my perspective to focus on what I've accomplished, not what I haven't done. Bottom line my body likes eating this way and over all I feel much, much better.

I think I also might be a White's Tree Frog... with the caveat that I probably wouldn't even go to the party.
1693672400720.png

I'm 99.5% ready to go! A couple of the things left to do are to shower and go get fed, so I think I can handle it.

My natural style of touring is to spend the evenings in Epcot just wandering around WS, which doesn't work well with the Genie+ stacking strategy. Yesterday I was watching Molly's video on how to do DHS in the afternoon/evening with stacking and it inspired me to change my first day from EPCOT to DHS. I'll be able to buy Genie+ before even taking off from Seattle and I'll get the airplane wifi so I can try to get Slinky at 7a, when we'll still be in the air. Next opportunity to book will be 10:30a, so I will have had a chance to sleep at that point... pretty excited to actually put Genie+ to use.

And really excited that it is finally here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter