Anyone but me seem to think its Silly to blame Vloggers/Magic Key Holders for issues at the Park?

I know this thread is DL specific but just look at today for example. It's the first day of Flower and Garden at Epcot and I've seen videos on Twitter of people absolutely going insane for the merchandise. I feel bad for regular guests that wanted at least 1 bag but all of the resellers grabbed them all so that they can charge 3x the amount for them on eBay.

I've also seen videos of that candy cane situation during the holidays at Disneyland and I'm like, are you guys good???
Resellers are a whole different ballgame. They actually do cause issues for the rest of us.

Vloggers do what they do because people like you are watching them. If the extreme videos catch your attention, they will keep posting.
All of the videos today were shot and uploaded by random people who were in the store, not vloggers.

Whenever there is a new offering, too many of these folks flock to it making it impossible for the average guest to get it. Food & Wine Festival is the worst - they take up tables photographing their food for an exhorbitant amount of time, and there are no tables for anyone else. You are intended to eat and move on.
DCA added more tables for Lunar New Year. Hopefully there will be more for Food and Wine. I think part of the problem with people holding tables is that you can't carry eight food items at once. Someone has to hold a table while the other person in their party runs around the park to collect food items. I'm am by no means a vlogger, but I often take pictures of my food - not only at Disneyland, but elsewhere as well.

I go to the park regularly and personally don't experience that. Whenever something is new, whether it be the opening of MMRR or the first day of food booths, the lines are long. That doesn't mean that the lines are filled with vloggers. In fact, many times, the lines are shorter when something is first released and grow longer once an item goes viral (ex. chocolate chip cookies, cheesy garlic bread). Those are viewers, not vloggers.
I am glad to hear your experiences are dif.

DCA added more tables for Lunar New Year. Hopefully there will be more for Food and Wine. I think part of the problem with people holding tables is that you can't carry eight food items at once. Someone has to hold a table while the other person in their party runs around the park to collect food items. I'm am by no means a vlogger, but I often take pictures of my food - not only at Disneyland, but elsewhere as well.

Sometimes people hold tables for so long though - if you don't have food, let someone who does use it. I mean, I will share tables - I don't mind. Make some new friends!

They don't watch where they are walking, they lie to remain on press lists. Want to try that limited time cookie or drink? Tough luck, all vloggers need to be the first to post a picture of X cookie or Y popcorn bucket making lines impossible for normal guests. How many vloggers on tik tok advocating for DAS abuse? The list goes on.

Ever seen that Black Mirror episode about social media where the girl falls horribly from grace? How she takes a picture of a half bitten cookie but doesn't even eat it?
How people can actually spend hours watching them talk and even give them money is beyond me. Leaches, all of them.
1) Seems to be alot of people not just them....AKA look at people who just stop in walkways
2) Are they cheating somehow to get the food or drink first, or just getting in line first?
3) DAS is hard, I can say they should not have them but that's on Disney. If Disney is approving them for things they can't discriminate against then what? I mean I do not want to get into it but also many on DAS are there for disabilities from being born with them vs them happening later in life, the whole system is hard because there every person has what limits they would put on DAS.
Like you and I would most likely disagree if we went down a list which disabilities should be or not be covered

To me these complaints just seem to be at just bad guests who with a camera or not would do it. I see many bloggers like Freshbaked who do none of the things your talking about

Last edited:
1) Seems to be alot of people not just them....AKA look at people who just stop in walkways
2) Are they cheating somehow to get the food or drink first, or just getting in line first?
3) DAS is hard, I can say they should not have them but that's on Disney. If Disney is approving them for things they can't discriminate against then what? I mean I do not want to get into it but also many on DAS are there for issues from a lifetime of poor choices so the whole system is hard because there every person has what limits they would put on DAS.
Like you and I would most likely disagree if we went down a list which disabilities should be or not be covered

To me these complaints just seem to be at just bad guests who with a camera or not would do it. I see many bloggers like Freshbaked who do none of the things your talking about

Disabled because of a "lifetime of poor choices".........excuse me???

Disabled because of a "lifetime of poor choices".........excuse me???
I'm not judging, it's why I bring it up because many say people are abusing DAS and everyone has a different definition of what should get you a DAS pass or not.

Changed it to "disabilities from being born with them vs them happening later in life"

I'm not judging, it's why I bring it up because many say people are abusing DAS and everyone has a different definition of what should get you a DAS pass or not.

Changed it to "disabilities from being born with them vs them happening later in life"

That’s still not great and it’s also not even remotely what people are complaining about when it comes to those who abuse DAS.

People who abuse DAS are the ones who LIE to get it. If you know how to game the system, you can get DAS even if you are perfectly healthy and able. Since they don’t require documentation, all you have to do is tell the right lies. That’s DAS abuse.

It doesn’t matter when or how a person became disabled. If they need assistance they should get it.

That’s still not great and it’s also not even remotely what people are complaining about when it comes to those who abuse DAS.

People who abuse DAS are the ones who LIE to get it. If you know how to game the system, you can get DAS even if you are perfectly healthy and able. Since they don’t require documentation, all you have to do is tell the right lies. That’s DAS abuse.

It doesn’t matter when or how a person became disabled. If they need assistance they should get it.
But how do you know they are lying? Like on Camera they say yep I don't have anything just wanted DAS?

But how do you know they are lying? Like on Camera they say yep I don't have anything just wanted DAS?

Some of the streamers have basically hinted at it or outright said it. Some, I'm sure, have it for legitimate reasons, but others have basically said they gamed the system to get it. Their content is gonna get a lot more views if they're on ride after ride after ride rather than spending hours and hours in line.

But it's not just the streamers. There are stories all the time about people in the parks bragging that they got DAS and don't need it. Or people online who are basically like, "Here's tips on how to get approved for DAS! WINK WINK."

It's sad that it is this way, but DAS was put in place because of people getting wheelchairs/ECVs that didn't need them just to cut in line. So Disney changed the rules on that and implemented the DAS system instead. Now people know how to take advantage of the DAS system and that will likely have to change in the future as well.

DAS is a great system when it works. However, *I* could get DAS if I wanted it, just because I know how to answer the questions and have had family members who were approved for it for legitimate reasons. I would never do that because I have morals and ethics, but it's really quite simple.

That said, not everyone who uses DAS is lying, and any distinction you keep making between when or how legitimately disabled people became disabled is 100% unnecessary. If they need it, they need it. It's the ones who don't that ruin it for those that do. (I could definitely see them change it like Universal in which you need to sign-up with IBCCES and have doctor approval.)

What difference does it make WHEN a person became disabled in their life?! That's such a bizarre thing to even bring up. And it has zero relevance to whether or not someone would qualify for DAS. I feel like you aren't really understand DAS at all, honestly.

What difference does it make WHEN a person became disabled in their life?! That's such a bizarre thing to even bring up. And it has zero relevance to whether or not someone would qualify for DAS. I feel like you aren't really understand DAS at all, honestly.
Didn't mean to offend. I was trying to bring up that we all have different definitions of who needs DAS and people bring up streamers abusing it.....which is why I brought up people later in life needing it. because some people later in life who never needed DAS can qualify for it

Some of the streamers have basically hinted at it or outright said it. Some, I'm sure, have it for legitimate reasons, but others have basically said they gamed the system to get it. Their content is gonna get a lot more views if they're on ride after ride after ride rather than spending hours and hours in line.

But it's not just the streamers. There are stories all the time about people in the parks bragging that they got DAS and don't need it. Or people online who are basically like, "Here's tips on how to get approved for DAS! WINK WINK."

It's sad that it is this way, but DAS was put in place because of people getting wheelchairs/ECVs that didn't need them just to cut in line. So Disney changed the rules on that and implemented the DAS system instead. Now people know how to take advantage of the DAS system and that will likely have to change in the future as well.

DAS is a great system when it works. However, *I* could get DAS if I wanted it, just because I know how to answer the questions and have had family members who were approved for it for legitimate reasons. I would never do that because I have morals and ethics, but it's really quite simple.

That said, not everyone who uses DAS is lying, and any distinction you keep making between when or how legitimately disabled people became disabled is 100% unnecessary. If they need it, they need it. It's the ones who don't that ruin it for those that do. (I could definitely see them change it like Universal in which you need to sign-up with IBCCES and have doctor approval.)
This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you!

It doesn't matter at all why someone needs DAS or when they started getting it. My point was the liars who lie and encourage others to lie as well. They specifically can step on a lego ... or 10.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you!

It doesn't matter at all why someone needs DAS or when they started getting it. My point was the liars who lie and encourage others to lie as well. They specifically can step on a lego ... or 10.

Well, if they step on too many legos, they'll at least be able to stake a legitimate claim at needing a wheelchair in the parks. Just not DAS!

Didn't mean to offend. I was trying to bring up that we all have different definitions of who needs DAS and people bring up streamers abusing it.....which is why I brought up people later in life needing it. because some people later in life who never needed DAS can qualify for it
Actually, no we don't all have different definitions. DAS is for people that have issues with/can't stand in lines, and those issues can't be easily solved with a mobility device (wheelchair/scooter, etc.). DAS isn't really even about the disability itself (as in, a particular diagnosis), it's about the symptoms/effects that make it difficult for someone to stand in line.

It doesn't matter when in life the condition started, and it doesn't even matter if it's a permanent condition or a temporary one. If standing in a long line would cause a hardship that couldn't be addressed with a mobility device, that person qualifies for DAS. Full stop. Yes we all know that policy gets applied differently, and people likely abuse it. But that's the definition of who gets to use DAS.

I feel that, unfortunately there are rude, inconsiderate and entitled people everywhere (just look at a school drop off line in pretty much any city). At Disneyland, that behavior seems to be amplified….is it because it’s so expensive to go there? Or do people just get caught up in the moments and forget there are other people in the parks besides them? I’m not sure. It’s sad. But, like I told my son last night, you cannot control other people’s actions, only your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter