Three Things...Gratitude Thread

TGIF! :cool1:

#1 - My Pool - We’ll be opening it up soon. I’m really hoping for a nice hot & dry summer (on my days off) so I can float in it and read my books.

#2 - Lake Michigan - We live about 30 minutes away from it, and I have lots of great memories of times spent by the lake.

#3 - Hot Shower - I always like taking a shower, but I especially love taking a nice hot shower after I workout.

Good Morning everyone:grouphug:

Clean and safe drinking water and definitely indoor plumbing. God willing sooner than later, the true extra blessing of being able to shower again.

Beaches are places for me of increased faith and fun.

Waterfall's another natural wonder of God's.

Water for "sailing" on Small World :)

The ocean. It's my happy place.
Water balloons and water pistols. Lots of summer fun was had with these when I was a kid!
Kali River Rapids. I can't do Splash Mountain (or Tianna, I guess) as I hate the drop as it gives me a migraine, but I love water raft rides if they don't have a big drop.

I suppose my #1 favorite water thing is indoor plumbing, but I'd imagine this would be pretty high on everyone's list, right? Also my washing machine and, to a lesser extent, the dishwasher (we hand-washed when it was only the 2 of us, but now that we are an extended family of 5, that dishwasher comes in pretty handy!)

1. Our water cooler at work (I guess that's what they're called - the stand with the reusable 5 gallon water tubs on top) - we got it about 4 years ago and I love it. Makes me drink so much more water!

2. The ocean - love being near it (especially on cruises)!

3. Water rides like Splash Mountain - as I've gotten older, I don't love roller coasters as much as I used to, but still love the water rides!

I read a story from my grandmother from early 1920s - no indoor plumbing about I believe 10 kids ranging in ages from upper teens to baby and talking about getting water to do washing by hand - I can’t even imagine what a chore that was !! Well I can and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone !! Unbelievable the things our grandparents did !!

Mountain Lakes - From the massive ones and those that are super popular to the little hidden gems and the ones too challenging to reach that we only can admire from afar.

Yellowstone's thermal features - Some are just pretty, some have explosive wow factors, some are a blend of both, and well...some are just different...almost other worldly.

Oceans - As much as I hate beach days, I hate the feeling of being landlocked even more. Beyond that, I love being in the water, I enjoy water activities like boating/fishing/crabbing/snorkeling/etc., and water travel on our oceans is a way of getting around.

Honorable mentions to indoor plumbing and clean drinking water supply. Both probably far more beneficial than any of the first three, but necessities just aren't as fun. Obviously, people got by for ages without indoor plumbing, so that's not totally a necessity, but it sure it nice.

1. My dear granddaughter loves playing “water games”. She has been consistent with these activities since she was a baby and I love playing them with her.

2. I never take hot water and running water for granted. Every time someone in our row of townhouses gets plumbing work done, we all have no water for a few hours and I am so happy when we get it back.

3. The Living Seas, now the Seas with Nemo, pavilion. We have spent hours there over the years, especially with our daughter. It is a must do every trip, especially if the manatees are there. I also have a favorite video that I watch on TV that has the music from Finding Nemo and sea creatures swimming about. It is very relaxing.

Water-Related

New Hosepipe. Got a new one last summer and it's so much easier than the bulky one before. It's particularly helpful with watering new turf right now. Fun, too! ;)

My water bottle. It keeps my drinking water nice and chilled.

The sound of water. It's so soothing and, at the same time, invigorating.

I think they’re called Clifton 9? it also says Hoka One One. Hope that helps!
Some people described them as “clunky” but I like the extra support. I like the size of the toe box (I think it will allow for foot swelling in the heat) and they have a narrowish heel, which is perfect for me since that is always a problem for me. With some shoes I feel like I’m walking out of them. (I have a narrow heel)
That's really helpful, thank you! :hug: Funnily enough, I have narrow heels, too, so know exactly what you're talking about. I'm off to google them...

Happy Saturday! :wave:

This is a hard one to narrow down to three :scratchin

#1 - The Chosen - My Christian heart is very grateful for this wonderful show. I love watching The Bible come to life.

#2 - Holy Moly - I’m grateful for this show because DH, DD20 and I would always watch this together and we would laugh and cheer for certain contestants. Great great memories watching this show together. I’m sad that it’s no longer on TV, because if it was, we’d definitely still watch it.

#3 - America’s Got Talent - We actually haven’t watched it the last 2 seasons, but before that my DD20 and I watched it all the time. We’d laugh and vote and have a great time watching this together. We stopped watching a few summers ago when DD’s life got super busy and she just didn’t have the time anymore. I could watch it by myself, but that’s not nearly as fun. It’s ok, I love my memories of us watching this together - so much fun!

Great British Baking Show- We love watching this show. It's so different from "competition" type shows created here in the USA. We love seeing the support, concern, and friendships that develop among the bakers. It's amazing to me that they do this for the honor and a crystal cake plate. No big cash prizes, no gimmicks or stunts, just home bakers, being creative, baking under stress, and being friends. The only drawback to watching is that it makes me want to snack!

West Wing- Political leanings aside, I feel inspired about and hopeful for the USA when I watch this series. Sure, there's left vs right, dems vs republicans, and it's not always pretty or kind, but it also shows politicians trying to work together for the benefit of the entire country, not just their own party and power. I know it's fantasy, but I remember when this country used to be like that, and wish that I felt our leaders were working together to bring compromise to our country to bring us together.

Six Feet Under- We are currently watching this. It's entertaining, quirky, a bit odd and offbeat, but we enjoy it- probably too much, which leads to 1am bedtimes some nights as we get caught in "binge mode!"

I'm grateful for the educational TV we had when I was kid - Schoolhouse Rock and stuff like that.

Another vote for West Wing - I never saw it when it originally ran, and just recently binge-watched it on streaming. - I loved it!

And I'm currently grateful I have Disney+. I just finished Secrets of the Octopus (soooo fascinating) and started on season 2 of Behind the Attraction. ::MinnieMo

:wave:Good Morning:grouphug:

Touched by an Angel will always have a special place in my heart. Message of faith, witness, hope, and Love. I have seasons 1 to 7 on dvd. I'm not a fan of seasons 8 and 9.

The Price is Right for bringing fun and closer connections to families and friends across the country and beyond including dad and I.

On the Road with Steve Hartman is a show God led me to several months ago. I may have already watched all or most all of its episodes of stories of everyday kindness.

Binge-worthy, multi season shows, that we find well after their initial popularity- DH and I have gone through a number of these… from Dexter and Orange is the New Black to The Good Place. Currently, we binging our way through The Handmaid’s Tale. It’s fun to bond over theories with these epic stories.

Aerial America- While I’d love to see new versions, it’s still a beautiful show that gives us a blend of travel inspiration and reminiscing. I don’t know if I would have ever known to drive to Shoshone Falls in Idaho if it weren’t for that show.

Baking shows- I’m especially fond of the Great British Baking Show and all of the Food Network Baking Championship series. Adriano Zumbo’s Just Desserts showcases some incredibly cool confections.

Since it’s TZ day I will list the TZ as my first choice. We have watched this for years and every time there is a marathon on TV we still watch, even though there are commercials! I can’t even count how many times we’ve watched our favorite episodes.

All Star Treks. Again, for multiple viewings of our favorites and even enjoying the current iterations.

Dick van Dyke Show/Mary Tyler Moore Show/Lou Grant: Yes, I am a huge MTM fan and she is the common denominator in all of these. :)

Honorable mention: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: started watching this when my daughter came home from a sleepover during middle school and said that the writing was good and I should give it a try. As a family, this became a bonding experience that continues to this day with many references made to different episodes and particular lines. We even attended a Sing Along of the musical episode together. Very grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter