Another FP+ Issue.

FP+ is equal opportunity. You made the CHOICE to schedule your vacation during this FP outage. You had the same opportunity as everyone else to visit on days when there wasn't a global FP+ computer issue.

If you are unable to attain a FP+ for 7DMT, it's not Disney's fault. You should have spent more to get a better modem/router/ISP.

Expecting FP+ to be available during your vacation? The entitlement mentality of some people is mind-boggling.

:joker:

I'd be quite annoyed if those were the days late in my trip that were supposed to be my +10, +11 and +12 where I would have had the best jump on everyone else, and now it will just be a free for all when they show up.

Well, like the minions said, FP+ will be the great equalizer. And apparently, it will suck equally for everyone.

Expecting FP+ to be available during your vacation? The entitlement mentality of some people is mind-boggling.
We just call it "entitlementality" to keep it short and efficient...

Except that poster has already said that they weren't able to get FP for any of the dates near the beginning of their trip. For some reason availability is much worse during the fall when the hours are shorter.

We are almost 2 years past the "test" rollout and one year past full implementation. Disney should have this working by now. Most people don't want to have to check the website multiple times a day to get what they want. And in the OP's case, she shouldn't have to. She's already jumped through all the hoops Disney set up for FP+, so to speak.

I responded last night but vaguely remember someone saying that CMs stated that this was a glitch in the system at the moment. So, in that case, they would not be able to get a FP for the beginning part of their trip. Again, as time gets closer, things open up. It'll be fine.

FP+ is equal opportunity. You made the CHOICE to schedule your vacation during this FP outage. You had the same opportunity as everyone else to visit on days when there wasn't a global FP+ computer issue.

If you are unable to attain a FP+ for 7DMT, it's not Disney's fault. You should have spent more to get a better modem/router/ISP.

:joker:

You can't be serious?

For some reason this isn't true about Sept and, I am assuming, Oct. Mine Train is booked solid for many days up until the 26th.

I would be really mad about this. You are losing all the advantage of having a long trip and APs and it is adding stress to your planning, which can already be stressful. I would keep calling and complaining and see how they make it right for you. I would not trust the response of one phone CM.

As mentioned above, FPs open up as the trip gets closer and even the day of.

Well, like the minions said, FP+ will be the great equalizer. And apparently, it will suck equally for everyone.

We just call it "entitlementality" to keep it short and efficient...

Oh, wait. I think I understand now. Sorry Magicbob, apparently there's an inside joke that I'm not aware of. :)

As mentioned above, FPs open up as the trip gets closer and even the day of.

There has been no indication that is routinely the case. Sometimes Disney doesn't get things loaded on time and they show up later, but that's really an exception that doesn't happen very often. And it's certainly not something I would count on.

Last edited:
There has been no indication that is routinely the case. Sometimes Disney doesn't get things loaded on time and they show up later, but thats really an exception that doesn't happen very often. And it's certainly not something I would count on.

And if they do open up, then there is a large amount of luck involved. Since you would have to be on MDE at the right time to snag them.

And again, many if us who went to WDW last fall, experienced availability issues with FP+. Not sure whether it's related to reduced hours or reduced capacity, or some of both.

And if they do open up, then there is a large amount of luck involved. Since you would have to be on MDE at the right time to snag them.

And again, many if us who went to WDW last fall, experienced availability issues with FP+. Not sure whether it's related to reduced hours or reduced capacity, or some of both.

Totally agree. And it would be very frustrating for someone who did their due diligence and got up at midnight 60 days out to get what they wanted.

And if there was any indication that Disney was holding things back for day of, or 30 days out, or any other routine release, we would have read lots of stories about hit here on the DIS so people could strategize around such releases.

There has been no indication that is routinely the case. Sometimes Disney doesn't get things loaded on time and they show up later, but that's really an exception that doesn't happen very often. And it's certainly not something I would count on.
Have to agree with above. I just tried switching my fpp time for 7dmt for 8/22 and there is nothing available at all.

Two issues:

(1) It is reported here sometimes that Disney holds some FPs back and releases them closer to time. As far as I know, this is urban legend.
(2) People do report FPs popping up, - even "day of", but as Tarheel girl says, that's hit and miss, and certainly nothing you can count on.

The best way to get the exact FPs you want is to book them as early as possible, so I get why OP is upset. It may shake out ok, but there's no way to know that at the moment.

Last edited:
(1) It is reported here sometimes that Disney holds some FPs back and releases them closer to time. As far as I know, this is urban legend.
(1) If they were doing that, after enticing me to book on site just so I'd have access to FP+ earlier than others, I believe I'd be calling my lawyer.

(1) If they were doing that, after enticing me to book on site just so I'd have access to FP+ earlier than others, I believe I'd be calling my lawyer.
I know. I don't know why people say that. Wishful thinking, I guess.

True. But it would be so annoying to have to keep watching for those dates to show up so you could get things booked before everyone else does.

I'd be quite annoyed if those were the days late in my trip that were supposed to be my +10, +11 and +12 where I would have had the best jump on everyone else, and now it will just be a free for all when they show up.

Agreed. However, I'll be even more annoyed if they don't get it fixed before my +4~+8 even after knowing about the issues for at least a week. The CM and tech support I talked to on Friday claimed all was working. Trying to tell them someone on here is having problems just switches them off... Not a Disney site, they must be doing something wrong.... :sad2:

I can understand your points above, however, I visit the World several times per year and have always found that more FPs open up as time gets closer and on the day of. This is during peak season and the beginning of December. It has been when I've made FPs for anywhere from one to five people. It does happen. Why? I'm not sure, but I don't believe that Disney holds FPs and releases them later. I attribute it to people moving around their activities/schedules.

Just as an example, I was able to make FPs for tomorrow just now. At MK, there's a ton available including the Festival of Fantasy Parade which can be very difficult to get. Others available include Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Buzz, Space, Splash, etc.

FP.jpg

At Epcot, I just got a Soarin' FP for 40 minutes from now. Mission Space, Test Track, etc. are also available.

FP 1.jpg

My point here is that it is okay not to wait up until midnight to get FPs and, if what you want is not available far out, to check back again as time gets closer to your trip. Things do open up.

Last edited:
No, they don't always.
To be more precise, I would say there's the possibility that the FPs you want will show up ... if you keep checking. And the chances of getting what you want go up the more you're willing to check. And the more you're willing to look for overlapping times ... and the more flexible you are with times (and days) at all.

But it really is just a possibility. You've got to hope someone else throws those FPs back in the hopper, and that you are there to snap them up when that happens.

No, they don't always.

Agreed. I think with all the people reporting experiences here, if there was any sort of routine release of FPs in batches after the 60 day window, we would know by now.

Sure, it's possible to log on and find things others have cancelled. And it's possible to luck into some batch released by Disney when they have worked through some unknown technical problem or decided to increase capacity or park hours for a given day.

But it's not probable on any given occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter