• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This is kinda off topic, but I just received today my 5-day adult pass from AM! Yay! A card with Minnie on the front. On the back there is a code and a date: WTS:032 03/09/2016. I just want to make sure that this isn't some kind of expiry date...? I didn't think the multi-day passes had expiry dates.

This is kinda off topic, but I just received today my 5-day adult pass from AM! Yay! A card with Minnie on the front. On the back there is a code and a date: WTS:032 03/09/2016. I just want to make sure that this isn't some kind of expiry date...? I didn't think the multi-day passes had expiry dates.
hmm, not sure, I just checked mine that I received last week, same thing. I will have to ask a few and find out for us.

That is the date your pass was printed. All mine have dates on too. They are never dates in the future. They are dates when the ticket was printed.

I recently signed up for our Sobeys AM Mastercard. You get 400 bonus miles on your first transaction. Then you get 3 times the miles for the first three months, plus 2 AM / $20 at Sobeys all the time. It is a No-fee credit card as well. I also signed up for the American Express Platinum where you get 2000 AM after $500 charged in the first three months, plus 1 AM / $10 at AM participants and 1 AM / $15 everywhere else.

I signed Hubby up for his own AM card so I can sign him up for the above offers as well. His account will start saving for the US passes, while I'm saving for the WDW passes.

He thinks I'm crazy, but still reaps the travel rewards of my AM collection. :P

Did you need to have a second airmiles account number when your husband signed up? I'm thinking about doing this and was wondering whether it would work if we used only one airmiles account number for both AM cards.

Did you need to have a second airmiles account number when your husband signed up? I'm thinking about doing this and was wondering whether it would work if we used only one airmiles account number for both AM cards.
Dh and I each have a card on the same account. We frequently shop without the other, so this way we can both collect miles without remembering to give eachother the card.

Went shopping at Sobeys this morning:car:
I work in a school so cotton q tips are used for counting, pasting, painting and building structures--I got 8 boxes.
I also noticed Billy Bee honey large plastic jar for 20 cents off BUt you get 10 bonus airmiles with purchase of one and I love honey in my tea. Hobnobs (chocolate cookies--you know to go with the tea) were on sale 2.99 with 3 Bonus airmiles. I picked up 2 bottles of baby powder as I use it in the summer to stay cool.
So 163 airmiles. Oh and Kraft peanut butter on sale 3.99--no airmiles but a good price.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs Mel

Dh and I each have a card on the same account. We frequently shop without the other, so this way we can both collect miles without remembering to give eachother the card.

My husband and daughter both have cards on my account. Even our AM credit cards are linked to that one account.

Went shopping at Sobeys this morning:car:
I work in a school so cotton q tips are used for counting, pasting, painting and building structures--I got 8 boxes.
I also noticed Billy Bee honey large plastic jar for 20 cents off BUt you get 10 bonus airmiles with purchase of one and I love honey in my tea. Hobnobs (chocolate cookies--you know to go with the tea) were on sale 2.99 with 3 Bonus airmiles. I picked up 2 bottles of baby powder as I use it in the summer to stay cool.
So 163 airmiles. Oh and Kraft peanut butter on sale 3.99--no airmiles but a good price.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs Mel

I went yesterday to get a few things and they had only 1 box of the cotton swabs.:mad::mad: I'll try another Sobey's later in the week. Somehow I still managed to score 211AM with my shopping.

Onyx question. Do they automatically send out the black Onyx cards once you achieve the Onyx status or do I have to request them? I got tickets for a movie preview in two weeks and I need to present my card with the tickets in order to get in(or so they tell me anyway). Will my blue card work ( it has the correct #)?

Onyx question. Do they automatically send out the black Onyx cards once you achieve the Onyx status or do I have to request them? I got tickets for a movie preview in two weeks and I need to present my card with the tickets in order to get in(or so they tell me anyway). Will my blue card work ( it has the correct #)?
Our cards just showed up .. but first year we never did get the fancy-pants black one. Hubby forgot to switch out the new one when it showed up magically this year but it still scanned fine so my guess would be take whatever paperwork and your boring blue card and you'll be fine! Enjoy the movie (which one is it BTW??)

Thanks for the info. We're going to see Now You See Me 2. Just borrowed #1 from a friend and it was entertaining. Never did know what was going to happen next. I hope this sequel will be similar.

I have signed him up for his own AM account and card. I wasn't really sure if he could use mine for a second time and I didn't want to risk not getting the bonus AM. It was free, so no biggie.

His card and bonus AM are strictly for our 5-day child pass. Then we will just continue to use mine for all collection of AM going forward.

I decided to buy 2 $25 dollar GC at Sobeys (early xmas shopping) anyhow the receipt showed no airmiles,,
went to service desk and they said I didn't spend $50 and I said the ad says spend $50 dollars on ultimate dinning cards,(plural) which I did. So they gave me the 60 airmiles. It reminded me that I have to check the receipt before leaving the store.
Still no Foodland points showing up in my account....Hmmmm.come on airmiles post those miles.
Hugs Mel

It's actually the store that has to post the AM. That's why some stores show up right away, some bonus miles can take up to 120 days. Must have something to do with the program and the vendors as to their allowable time frames.

I decided to buy 2 $25 dollar GC at Sobeys (early xmas shopping) anyhow the receipt showed no airmiles,,
went to service desk and they said I didn't spend $50 and I said the ad says spend $50 dollars on ultimate dinning cards,(plural) which I did. So they gave me the 60 airmiles. It reminded me that I have to check the receipt before leaving the store.
Still no Foodland points showing up in my account....Hmmmm.come on airmiles post those miles.
Hugs Mel

That's odd. My Foodland AM showed up right on schedule with other Sobey's AM. If they don't show up this week give them a call. Way to go with fighting for those AM!

Well Safeway has bonus AM for Poweraid purchase but it certainly isn't as great as the one many of you took advantage of at Sobey's a while back. Ours is buy 6 get 60 am and they are 3 for $5 for the 710ml. So not a great price.

Were the ones with Sobey's 3 for 5 and get 50 am or something like that?

Well Safeway has bonus AM for Poweraid purchase but it certainly isn't as great as the one many of you took advantage of at Sobey's a while back. Ours is buy 6 get 60 am and they are 3 for $5 for the 710ml. So not a great price.

Were the ones with Sobey's 3 for 5 and get 50 am or something like that?

The deal a few weeks ago was 3 for $5 get 50AM. I don't think they'll ever do that deal again. If you think of the 60AM as being $6 then you are getting 6 bottles for $4 (2x5-6) or .66 per bottle.

In Manitoba the poweraid is 5/5 dollars at IGA and earn 60 Am when you buy 6 or at Sobeys 3/5 and earn 60 Am when you buy 6 Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter