• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Welcome back "Oh wise one who started this crazy thread". As always the store with the best AM totals is Sobey's. If there's a good deal for the week someone usually posts as soon as the flyers are out. There's a deal out with AMEX for 2000AM if you're able to take advantage of it. If you're near a Foodland, there's chips and ice cream with decent AM until close of business Thursday.

Best value for use of AM continues to be tickets whether for Disney or Universal. Flights if you have way too many burning a hole in your pocket is another possibility. So many options, so little time.

Thanks for the information about the 2000 AM for Amex....I have been a regular AMEX cardholder since 2000 and I called AMEX tonight to see if current card holders could upgrade to the Platinum card and still get the 2000 bonus air mile offer and the representative advised I could. She checked my account and since I have had my AMEX card for so long I was pre-approved....woo hoo!!!! new card will arrive in 10-15 days...once it arrives, I will activate the card and put $500 towards my Disneyland room reservation and the 2000 AM will take me over my amount for a 5 day PH and I be able to save for a 3 day PH to put towards my annual pass....thanks again....

I just was awarded my 400 bonus AM for signing up for Sobeys Mastercard. I also received my 3x miles for this period, so that was another 114, which was only for half a cycle. I'm curious to see how many bonus miles will get for the next 2 full cycles!

If you have a Sobeys near by, sign up! It's a free card and has good value.

Took a look at the Sobeys flyer yesterday and think I will plan my big grocery order this weekend as they have 15x the points on Fri to Sun this weekend and I have $300 in GCs that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I also saw a B1G1 free for their ready-to-go meats and I had picked some up last time they were on offer and thought they were really good, although too expensive to pay full price for. Will also check out the Campbell's offer of buy 10 products and get 50AM, depends on the in-store price, and some of the meal offers for AM look good for us.

Let me know if you spot any other great offers before tomorrow night, I am aiming for a good run to boost my AM and spend those GCs burnign a hole in my pocket!!

Thanks for the information about the 2000 AM for Amex....I have been a regular AMEX cardholder since 2000 and I called AMEX tonight to see if current card holders could upgrade to the Platinum card and still get the 2000 bonus air mile offer and the representative advised I could. She checked my account and since I have had my AMEX card for so long I was pre-approved....woo hoo!!!! new card will arrive in 10-15 days...once it arrives, I will activate the card and put $500 towards my Disneyland room reservation and the 2000 AM will take me over my amount for a 5 day PH and I be able to save for a 3 day PH to put towards my annual pass....thanks again....

Whaattt??? hang on guys, I have to make a phone call....

Took a look at the Sobeys flyer yesterday and think I will plan my big grocery order this weekend as they have 15x the points on Fri to Sun this weekend and I have $300 in GCs that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

15x the AM?? You guys all get so much better AM offers than us in NS?

:mad: Disappointed in Foodland ad this week. Everything is buy TWO. :sad2: For example:Buy TWO dozen free range eggs at $5.99 a dozen and get your airmiles. I don't think so. Also, my freezer is FULL, so I can't shop, anyway. :rotfl:

I agree, the Bonus miles are nice but not huge on the 15x offer. Does anyone know if I can combine that with the personalized offer that you add to your card? I have a Get 20 when you spend $75 but I don't want to load it to my card if it will cancel the 15x offer. I have a list and I am using up the last of my Sobey's gift card. I will probably be spending about $120 and should get at least 90 for the 15x offer. Then by shopping various bonus offers this week I am looking at another 100 or so. So about 200 miles for a $120 spend.

I just scanned the weekly flyers,,
I will definitely check out the
cotton swabs, baby powder and zinc cream at Sobeys
30 AM with purchase of two.
Hugs Mel

I would love to know the individual prices of the Campbells stuff,,I will check those out too.

ok my fellow arimiles warriors, it's time for the duck to kick it into high gear again ... we made plans last night: 2nd week of January 2 full weeks Disney area. no other details and i'm open to suggestions both on earning and spending the miles!

Good to see you back my fellow AMW,,yep my sons are now calling me that.(we both know what the W stands for),lol.
I am almost half way to my goal of 400 dollars in Visa cards,,I already have 280 in starbucks. Maybe buy some starbuck cards for the airport or while chilling in Orlando. But knowing the "duck" she's going to plan some big things.
Good to see you and have fun planning!
Hugs Mel

I also saw a B1G1 free for their ready-to-go meats and I had picked some up last time they were on offer and thought they were really good, although too expensive to pay full price for. Will also check out the Campbell's offer of buy 10 products and get 50AM, depends on the in-store price, and some of the meal offers for AM look good for us.

Let me know if you spot any other great offers before tomorrow night, I am aiming for a good run to boost my AM and spend those GCs burnign a hole in my pocket!!

I'm stocking up on frozen fruit, $2.99 and Classico sauce, $1.99. The frozen fruit is a great price, we go through a lot for smoothies. Classico is also a great price, however, there are cheaper tomato sauces around, for us it's the only one we buy or we just make it ourselves.

I agree, the Bonus miles are nice but not huge on the 15x offer. Does anyone know if I can combine that with the personalized offer that you add to your card? I have a Get 20 when you spend $75 but I don't want to load it to my card if it will cancel the 15x offer. I have a list and I am using up the last of my Sobey's gift card. I will probably be spending about $120 and should get at least 90 for the 15x offer. Then by shopping various bonus offers this week I am looking at another 100 or so. So about 200 miles for a $120 spend.

I have been able to combine them before. I would expect to have to call AM afterwards to get it sorted out, but I haven't had any issues combining them in the past. So I will have the 15x and I have 30AM when you spend $100, so I expect to spend about $100 and walk out with 105 AM from those and then add on any of the other in-store bonus offers I take advantage of.

Good to know about baby stuff, I haven't bought them there before, but will take a look tonight and see their prices!

I have been able to combine them before. I would expect to have to call AM afterwards to get it sorted out, but I haven't had any issues combining them in the past. So I will have the 15x and I have 30AM when you spend $100, so I expect to spend about $100 and walk out with 105 AM from those and then add on any of the other in-store bonus offers I take advantage of.

Good to know about baby stuff, I haven't bought them there before, but will take a look tonight and see their prices!
Thank you! That makes sense. I will give it a try.
Last time they did the 30 airmiles for the baby products I bought two of the cotton swabs. I think they were $2.99 per box. The problem is we only have three sets of ears in this house so we really don't need more yet lol. That probably won't stop me though.:rolleyes:

I just scanned the weekly flyers,,
I will definitely check out the
cotton swabs, baby powder and zinc cream at Sobeys
30 AM with purchase of two.
Hugs Mel

I would love to know the individual prices of the Campbells stuff,,I will check those out too.

Thank you! That makes sense. I will give it a try.
Last time they did the 30 airmiles for the baby products I bought two of the cotton swabs. I think they were $2.99 per box. The problem is we only have three sets of ears in this house so we really don't need more yet lol. That probably won't stop me though.:rolleyes:

I scanned the flyer three times and glossed right over the cotton swabs ad. Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely take advantage of this one.

I scanned the flyer three times and glossed right over the cotton swabs ad. Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely take advantage of this one.
not sure if you've noticed or not but if you look at the flyers online you can apply a filter that highlights the AM offers ... i don't think it picked up on the keg gift card (wasn't on my radar to watch for) but i use it for the rexall and metro flyers. ALSO we've noticed that metro really slacks off on printing all of the offers and haven taken to a quick scan up every row... we find at least 5 offers every week that were NOT in the flyer.

not sure if you've noticed or not but if you look at the flyers online you can apply a filter that highlights the AM offers ... i don't think it picked up on the keg gift card (wasn't on my radar to watch for) but i use it for the rexall and metro flyers. ALSO we've noticed that metro really slacks off on printing all of the offers and haven taken to a quick scan up every row... we find at least 5 offers every week that were NOT in the flyer.

I have found that for Sobeys, they often have in-store offers that aren't in the flyer so I make sure I have a kid-free evening when I am trying to stock up, so I can go through every aisle...

There is also a tiny banner on the back page of the paper flyer to get 60 airmiles for a $50 Cara gift card to Harvey's/Montana's/Swiss Chalet/East Side Mario's (and a few others). Dh and I were just saying on the weekend that we should buy some gift cards when we grocery shop because during cottage, and then basketball season, all the eating out plus extra gas and hotels etc. hit budget a little hard. I am going to get $100 worth of these to have on hand for out of town weekends.

There is also a tiny banner on the back page of the paper flyer to get 60 airmiles for a $50 Cara gift card to Harvey's/Montana's/Swiss Chalet/East Side Mario's (and a few others). Dh and I were just saying on the weekend that we should buy some gift cards when we grocery shop because during cottage, and then basketball season, all the eating out plus extra gas and hotels etc. hit budget a little hard. I am going to get $100 worth of these to have on hand for out of town weekends.
And if you have the SObeys GC from before, just sneek in couple of these cards with $20 of reg groceries, and pay it all with the Sobeys GC..it works.

The last two shops I have realized after I got home that none of my offers that I loaded from the Sobeys website posted on my receipt. I let it go last time, but tonight was 100 airmiles so I called and they asked a few quick questions and posted them all. I was pleased with how easy it was.
So for tonights $138.03 I earned 247 airmiles. :)

Now if I could just get the infuriating MDE help line to be even half as responsive about my account issues I would be happy :rolleyes:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter