2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Beauty & the Beast has been my second favorite Disney movie (Lion King is #1). I wore a Belle tutu outfit for the Princess 10K in 2014. I might wear it again for the 5K, but no way for the 10K or 1/2 marathon. Running in a tutu was not for me LOL!!! I have no idea what I'll wear for the other two races.

Beauty & the Beast has been my second favorite Disney movie (Lion King is #1). I wore a Belle tutu outfit for the Princess 10K in 2014. I might wear it again for the 5K, but no way for the 10K or 1/2 marathon. Running in a tutu was not for me LOL!!! I have no idea what I'll wear for the other two races.

I also don't think I'll be able to wear a tutu... Hoping to maybe get a shirt made with my name on it. :)

I'm trying to secure a last minute charity for princess half weekend...do I have until 11:59pm tomorrow night to register PoT? Just curious how close I can cut it? Thank you! I hope to be officially joining this thread soon!!

I'm really hoping we see some medals soon. I keep looking for them at the race expos hoping they'll make an appearance.... so we can finally see how they look. They went so quickly through the Fall races and Light side that I'm holding my breath in anticipation for this race and Dark Side (haven't signed up yet for Dark Side because I wanted to see what they looked like first).

I'm guessing the medals won't change must from last year's, except for the 5K....

....I've been super wrong with my guesses lately so this probably means nothing. :upsidedow

I'm trying to secure a last minute charity for princess half weekend...do I have until 11:59pm tomorrow night to register PoT? Just curious how close I can cut it? Thank you! I hope to be officially joining this thread soon!!

I know I'm too late to help and I hope that you got in.
But, I registered for the Tink half this year after the cut off for POT. I did contact them before I registered which really made no difference but I wanted to make sure that when I entered my POT on the registration that it would be fine and it was. I am not sure about going through a charity, but it did work for regular registration that occurred after the POT deadline. These statements may be more confusing than what you asked about. :)

I'm guessing the medals won't change must from last year's, except for the 5K....

....I've been super wrong with my guesses lately so this probably means nothing. :upsidedow
Official medal guesses...

Kids race: I'm gonna say...Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts, rubber and adorable as usual
5K: ???!?!?!? But it'll be METAL so woohoo! Maybe Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts (so yeah, being lazy and saying same guess as kids races)
10K: Same as last year but with rose instead of a seashell
Half Marathon: Same as last year with different-colored stones
Glass Slipper Challenge: Same as last year but not with the green shading - some other color shading?

Updated ribbons/years for all medals/kids race medallion

2016's medals embedded below in spoiler tag...I was going to post the picture but I didn't want anyone to get excited thinking that these were *our* medals. :)

rundisney-princesshalf-medals-f.jpg

I had my medals from Princess this year next to the medals from W&D and they're so small in comparison. I was wondering if they were going to revise the Princess medals since the trend seems to be "GO BIG."

Kids race: I'm gonna say...Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts, rubber and adorable as usual
5K: ???!?!?!? But it'll be METAL so woohoo! Maybe Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts (so yeah, being lazy and saying same guess as kids races)
10K: Same as last year but with rose instead of a seashell
Half Marathon: Same as last year with different-colored stones
Glass Slipper Challenge: Same as last year but not with the green shading - some other color shading

Good ideas! I had some similar thoughts..
5k: Maybe the rose in the glass, so it has the shape of that? It sort of reminds me of what the Captain America medal looked like, but reversed. (Would love it to be Gaston themed, but I'm not holding my breath - LOL, I would DIE of happiness if it was though!)
10k: Agree, will be the rose. Maybe a red ribbon to reflect the rose.
Half: Yellow stone. Blue or Yellow ribbon.
Glass Slipper: Yellow shading for sure, maybe a red or yellow ribbon.

I associate the following colors to Beauty and the Beast: Blue, Yellow and Red. Blue for her dress, yellow for the ball gown, and red for the rose and gaston's shirt. So i'm assuming the race shirts will be those colors, along with the ribbons.

I'm also wrong all of the time, too. So .... yeah.

I had my medals from Princess this year next to the medals from W&D and they're so small in comparison. I was wondering if they were going to revise the Princess medals since the trend seems to be "GO BIG."
You could be right. With the 10th anniversary coming up in 2018 I was assuming we wouldn't see any significant changes this year, but yøu never know.
Good ideas! I had some similar thoughts..
5k: Maybe the rose in the glass, so it has the shape of that? It sort of reminds me of what the Captain America medal looked like, but reversed. (Would love it to be Gaston themed, but I'm not holding my breath - LOL, I would DIE of happiness if it was though!)
10k: Agree, will be the rose. Maybe a red ribbon to reflect the rose.
Half: Yellow stone. Blue or Yellow ribbon.
Glass Slipper: Yellow shading for sure, maybe a red or yellow ribbon.

I associate the following colors to Beauty and the Beast: Blue, Yellow and Red. Blue for her dress, yellow for the ball gown, and red for the rose and gaston's shirt. So i'm assuming the race shirts will be those colors, along with the ribbons.

I'm also wrong all of the time, too. So .... yeah.
I LOVE your 5K medal idea, that is so much better than what I said, so I hope you're not wrong!! :yay: Gaston theme would be awesome too!

It seems to go against all logic, but it's true. When I first started, I was at 3:1, because I came from C25K. I kept gradually going down and my pace was either the same or faster. I settled on 30:30, and finished a half in under 3 hours. I have also done 15:15 and seen almost no difference. I also feel a lot better with shorter intervals!

So how does it work with such short intervals? Do you bother moving left for run and right for walk? Do you just hang out in the middle? That's what I can't quite get, the etiquette of it. I feel like I would just move over and boom I'm moving back.

I would also have to get a beeper timer thing. I can't hear the high pitch of my watch beep so that doesn't work.

Not a big costume person but I believe my cousin and I have discussed sparkle athletic skirts in blue and in gold as an homage to the belle dresses. Blue one day gold the next (maybe opposite from each other for the 5 and 10). (Then whatever I want for the half)

We loved our sparkle athletic skirts last year and they have preorder expo pickup!

Hmmm... so I wonder what will be announced first: The Dooney and Burke Bags or the medals?

I'm trying to hold on to some extra money this Christmas so I can put in my reservation for the bag - anyone know when they were announced last year?

Hmmm... so I wonder what will be announced first: The Dooney and Burke Bags or the medals?

I'm trying to hold on to some extra money this Christmas so I can put in my reservation for the bag - anyone know when they were announced last year?
I just looked - January 25.

For anyone hoping to get a Dooney - the D&B Facebook groups are already practically salivating at the thought of getting a PHM Dooney and last year the bags sold out. When they are posted I would HIGHLY recommend pre-ordering you bag(s)!

So how does it work with such short intervals? Do you bother moving left for run and right for walk? Do you just hang out in the middle? That's what I can't quite get, the etiquette of it. I feel like I would just move over and boom I'm moving back.

I would also have to get a beeper timer thing. I can't hear the high pitch of my watch beep so that doesn't work.

Not a big costume person but I believe my cousin and I have discussed sparkle athletic skirts in blue and in gold as an homage to the belle dresses. Blue one day gold the next (maybe opposite from each other for the 5 and 10). (Then whatever I want for the half)

We loved our sparkle athletic skirts last year and they have preorder expo pickup!

I stay to the right. If I need to go around a walker during a run interval, I do. Unless you're somewhere really narrow and tight, it's usually not a problem. I raise my hand when I'm getting ready to walk. It's honestly not as big of a deal as it sounds like.

My watch vibrates. You definitely will probably have trouble with beeping. Galloway is so popular in runDisney, there is a TON of beeping going on. It is hard to tell which beep is yours.

I just looked - January 25.

For anyone hoping to get a Dooney - the D&B Facebook groups are already practically salivating at the thought of getting a PHM Dooney and last year the bags sold out. When they are posted I would HIGHLY recommend pre-ordering you bag(s)!

That's what I have always heard about the Dooneys. Last year was the first time I ever cared about getting one. I went up there late in the afternoon on the first day and there were still a ton, and no line. I don't know why or if that will ever happen again, but that was my experience with getting one.

That's what I have always heard about the Dooneys. Last year was the first time I ever cared about getting one. I went up there late in the afternoon on the first day and there were still a ton, and no line. I don't know why or if that will ever happen again, but that was my experience with getting one.
I remember reading that the tote in particular sold out the first day. :confused3

I'm just saying, if it were me and I really wanted a bag, I'd pre-order. Especially if you can't get there on the first day.

I have a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and I love it. It vibrates for the intervals. I had 2 Garmin Forerunners before this and the Vivosmart HR+ is so nice! No heart rate strap around the chest, nice and small, GPS for runs and step count for the rest of the time.

I remember reading that the tote in particular sold out the first day. :confused3

I'm just saying, if it were me and I really wanted a bag, I'd pre-order. Especially if you can't get there on the first day.

Definitely! I didn't want a tote, so maybe that's why I didn't have trouble. I actually think they were gone when I got there too, but I can't remember, because that's not what I was looking for.

Definitely! I didn't want a tote, so maybe that's why I didn't have trouble. I actually think they were gone when I got there too, but I can't remember, because that's not what I was looking for.
Yeah, i mean - between eBay sellers and personal shoppers, it can get nuts. :eek:

I think this is especially true since the princess prints have almost nothing race-specific on them (at least that's how it's been for the past 2 years)...they appeal more to non-runners. Just take off the race weekend tag and it's like you have a Disney princess bag, not a PHM bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter